Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > Electrics

Old 20-10-2013

Send a message via Skype™ to AdamDrane
Default Motor connectors

Hi all,

Just a quick one regarding motor connections.

I have seen in some pictures some racers have fitted connectors between the motor and esc to allow quick changes with no soldering.

I would live to do that too to make switching between cars easy... My question is... What connectors should I use? Is it just standard Corally connectors? If yes, how do I protect them from touching? Just heatshrink?

Sorry for the basic question.
Old 20-10-2013

As for connectors you can use 3.5mm or 4mm corrally's although i have seen people using deans on brushed motors for a quick release. As for insulation, heatshrink should be fine.
Old 20-10-2013
Mad Member

While I was experimenting with motors i used 3,5mm corally connectors wrapped with heat shrink. (Make the connection, then completely cover the connector, it holds the joint more firmly too)
Then to change the motor you just need to slit the heart shrink, and use some fresh stuff.
I got some fairly short 3,5s the 4s all seemed to be very long and took up too much space.

I've got the motor selection sorted now, so they are permanently soldered into place. Only need to change in the event of mishap, or moving indoors. A 5.5t is a bit much for a 12m indoor straight!
Old 20-10-2013
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

As above but also connect the + and - at different length's on the cables so its impossible to touch.