Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > General Race Chat

Old 04-05-2016

Default What to do with old tyres...

There's lots of discussion at the moment regarding how many tyres we get through whilst racing, which means we're throwing away an awful lot of used rubber.

Any ideas/suggestions about what we can do with them? Could be recycling, re-purposing or something else?

Could the BRCA get involved in a move to help all clubs recycle, and perhaps get some sort of grant in the process?

Muzzoom Models Motorsport
Old 04-05-2016

Take em to your local household recycling centre. They have bins there for rubber.
Old 04-05-2016
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Schumacher should give a deposit back on each returned tyre carcass. They could recycle the material back into new tyres.
10electric | Batley Buggy Club | YORCC | RHR | MB Models
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Old 04-05-2016
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by neallewis View Post
Schumacher should give a deposit back on each returned tyre carcass. They could recycle the material back into new tyres.
Awesome idea that
Old 04-05-2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by MatJohnson View Post
Take em to your local household recycling centre. They have bins there for rubber.
I've not noticed bins for rubber at my local place, but will have a look.

Old 04-05-2016
Mad Member

Give them to the newbies
Old 04-05-2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by neallewis View Post
Assuming the recycled material can be made into a tyre as good as the current ones, then this is a great idea.

Don't know about the practicality of the rebate - perhaps it could be dealt with through each club so they're dealing in bulk?

Old 04-05-2016
Mad Member

We have a bin at our local track and any used wheels tyres we all put in there .When we get newbies young or old and they have no tyres suitable for astro we can go in the bin and go and get them a set.It works great and enables the newbies to have the right tyres on there car to go and have a play around the track

At end of day they are no use to us no more hence why we are getting rid of them but more than good enough for newbies starting up in rc
Old 05-05-2016
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by crtpromachine View Post
We have a bin at our local track and any used wheels tyres we all put in there .When we get newbies young or old and they have no tyres suitable for astro we can go in the bin and go and get them a set.It works great and enables the newbies to have the right tyres on there car to go and have a play around the track

At end of day they are no use to us no more hence why we are getting rid of them but more than good enough for newbies starting up in rc
gave a load of slick TC tyres of my dads to a local track for the same reason, excellent idea I also like the rebate to schumacher idea too