Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > Vintage RC

Old 18-07-2016

Default 1 of my Rc10's

Just about got this one how i would like it will hopefully run it at revival

Old 27-07-2016

Nice, good luck at the revival.
Old 04-08-2016

Revival 2016 1984-88 2wd 1st place A final well happy with result :-)
Old 05-08-2016

Isn't that a CE ??? The long front arms didn't come out till 1990 ?? Correct me if am wrong ??
Old 05-08-2016

It is a miss match of parts it has rpm front arms i was told they were out in 1988, and i ran 2" wheels also brushless gear so technically it would not fall into the age category is original 6 gear box . the chassis was a gold chassis nose plate i think was off a ce and shocks have bleed caps.

Last edited by veeza; 05-08-2016 at 10:15 PM.
Old 06-08-2016

I didn't think the long arm design was replicated by rpm until they brought out the long arm on the 90's cars.

Electrics and tyres are a given as there far more reliable for us racers to have fun.

Just noticed a few cars at the weekend running the long front arms in this class was was wondering if I have missed something !!! My friend was running the 6 gear short arm rc10 Classic re re and I am sure he would have loved the wide arms on if it was allowed
Old 06-08-2016

I went on what people ran the year before and spoke to a few people that ran in class, the rc10 that out qualified me and ran in race of champions did run short arms and looked looked really good. He ran 2.2 wheels with mini spikes. For shore on electrics i did try to cycle up some old batteries and brushed like i did back in the day but could not get close to new electrics. Was a great weekend think it has to be one of the best if not the best iconic 1/10 rc events around.
Old 06-08-2016

A few people seemed to run long arms in that class, which wasn't quite right as even the Andy's arms weren't around till later.

Others kept within the rules running the short arms and would be good to see them all using them. But I guess if one car starts using the long arms, then others will follow.

Car look great by the way and well done on the win.
Associated RC10's, RC10T, B2 & T2
Kyosho Ultima XL
Losi JRX2, JRX Pro & Pro SE
Yokomo YZ10 94

The Veterans Inner Circle. Sponsored with Pot Noodle and Tunnocks.
Old 06-08-2016

Was my rc10 driven by Mitch fiddling. He's super quick with anything but it's setup apart from tyres and electrics as a original car
Old 06-08-2016

I ran my Topcat in that class with brushed motor, nimh batteries and period tyres.

Managed to bring it home in 5th overall despite being far from the best driver, so I'm not sure how much of a difference the long arm RC10's really made in the overall scheme of things.

That said, it would be good if the rules were stuck to else it will become a slippery slope.

Muzzoom Models Motorsport
Old 06-08-2016

top cat that was my first 2wd race buggy back in the day i did have a look at few top cats at the weekend still a cool looking buggy.Thats good going to run brushed motor, nimh batteries and period tyres, did start off the day on some old jammin tyres did have few people say you cant use them as they were new. I ended up running the schumacher 2" yellow blocks and staggered ribs, think i could have gone bit quicker with modern mini pins but had no 2.2 wheels only 2 inch. I agree the rules need to be stuck to i will run short wish bones at the next event my friend ran them and was telling me off for running long :-)I think it was Mitch fiddling with the other RC10 and there was a mardave that was very quick in the heat after mine not sure who ran the mardave but a good driver too. It was so good to see all the old cars.
Old 06-08-2016
Mad Member

dan Wooster was driving the lwb meteor top guy to talk to and a decent driver

He kept Mitch (my lad) on his toes all day, both qualified for race of champions and Dan drove well, Mitch didn't have a great final

As for rule "aberrations" the important thing to remember is that "fun" is the major factor at the Iconic meeting not "winning" and watching vintage rc cars being used for what they were designed For

It would be shame to spoil a fantastic event enjoyed by all (me included as watching dad )by reading too much into "class rules" even the endurance was enjoyable "our" team managed all the race on one set of yellow rear minispikes truly remarkable !!

looking forward to next year already if the Iconic team/A1 team are brave/daft enough to host us all again

many thanks dave
Old 06-08-2016

The " fun " can be removed if you not racing a period car ??? I'll bring my yz2 with a rc10 shell and race it as a 84-88 car ???

Does that qualify as fun ?

There's enough experience knowledge and know how on vintage stuff on here to make sure you run a period car to the class you enter. If your unsure ask ??

Then enter the correct class for your car/mods ??

Like groomi said if we done Stick to some rules it's a big slope to slide down.

Dave am sure Mitch would have love to drive the worlds setup in the 84-88 class. It was " worlds " excuse the pun apart.
Old 06-08-2016

yz2 with a rc10 shell thats just wrong at least use a b6 :-) i was unsure on the wish bones, will no better for next year hopefully everyone else will follow suit. I did speak to people that ran in the class last year and looked at the photos that were posted and in magazines of what had been run at the meeting, will be good to have a rule on wheel and tire size to. I am shore i could have done better with 2.2 wheels but felt they looked out of place on a rc10 6 gear. I had fun at the weekend i ran 4 classes some people were far to serious.
Old 06-08-2016

Sorry about my spelling and grammar it is not my strong point.
Old 06-08-2016

I rant the 6 gear last year with the j concept small 1.7/1.9 wheels and tyre and wasn't to bad.

I would recommend the 2.2 which is allowed in the rules makes it far easier for setup and as we are racers take your legal advantage :-)
Old 09-08-2016

I did give my rc10 a practice run with the small wheels and was quite surprised how good it was and must say it looks the best with the small wheels, i would have run it but could not get any of the jconcepts tyres. Will see if i can get some retro 2.2 wheels to fit the big axles.I have not looked at the rules but would be good to see.
:-)
Old 09-08-2016

This should clear a few things up on the wide arms after doing some research and a good friend digging out some old magazines, it seams wide arms were available in the date class for the Rc10 :-)

Old 09-08-2016

That might bring a few people into the 84-88 class

Good work think i even have some andys front arms
Old 09-08-2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by fidspeed View Post
dan Wooster was driving the lwb meteor top guy to talk to and a decent driver

He kept Mitch (my lad) on his toes all day, both qualified for race of champions and Dan drove well, Mitch didn't have a great final

As for rule "aberrations" the important thing to remember is that "fun" is the major factor at the Iconic meeting not "winning" and watching vintage rc cars being used for what they were designed For

It would be shame to spoil a fantastic event enjoyed by all (me included as watching dad )by reading too much into "class rules" even the endurance was enjoyable "our" team managed all the race on one set of yellow rear minispikes truly remarkable !!

looking forward to next year already if the Iconic team/A1 team are brave/daft enough to host us all again

many thanks dave
Hi Dave, thank you for the kind comments - it's always a pleasure to chat to you at the Mid East regionals & at the Revival the weekend before last

I really enjoyed this year's Revival meeting & running the Meteor (a Meteor was my first ever competition spec buggy - after attempting to run a Hornet BITD) - to a certain extent the fact that it was going so well was a bit of a 'measured' fluke - the suspension & electrics set-up was all done for a reason but was largely un-tested. Your son (Mitch) is a quicker driver than me, so just keeping him a bit 'honest' during the qualifying was quite satisfying - on any other day he would have 'had' me easy in the final, but sometimes luck is not on your side!

As for rules & regs on cars & in which class they fall with mods & upgrades etc - I say that so long as a car fits within the 'spirit' of the era - than its all good with me. In each era there tends to be one or two car types that work better than others - for example my ProCat on the Sunday (being really the last incarnation of the original CAT series - coming out right at the end of the 80s) Was at somewhat of a disadvantage over say a CAT2000 or a Lazer ZXR which were released later on within the time frame of the class (such was the pace of development at that time) - but you either take a tactical decision on what to run to give you the best possible chance, or just be more relaxed & run just what you want/have just for the shear pleasure of running that old car on a track again - no matter where you finish!
+ too many vintage racers to list!