Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > TRUCKS - SC - Truggy - Stadium - Crawler

Old 04-02-2013
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Angry 22sct under body

Just finished building my 22sct, fitted all electrics, looking good. but then I went to fit the under body that I ordered with the truck, I used to run one on my blitz and it was a god send in the wet! so ordered one straight away for the 22, now the blitz one had loads of room under it for the eletrics and was fantastic.

I would love to meet the person who designed the one for the 22sct and ask WHY!! you needed to make the damn thing so low, it's not got to be that aerodynamic, it's under a bloody great big lexan bath tub, it's so tight to fit that the link wire on my lipo sadle packs is to high. the middle part of the body is ok and has enough hight for the fan on my esc, but then they make it drop away at the sides so it's worse than a 22 car, and they are bad enough. come on TLR the 22 is so tight for space that most find a diffrent shell why oh why does it need to be so tight on the 22sct? we should be able to have bags of room under there. Americans are supposed to always think big! a sodding cut in half coke bottle would work better

EDIT: just to add I ordered TLR4142 chassis dirt cover it's the only one I could see on the TLR site, fails to mention it's really cut for rear motor with the battery running straight down the chassis, no thought if you are using mid with the saddle sideways configuration

www.norfolkbuggyclub.moonfruit.com

kyosho optima,Bosscat,Boomerang,,RB5 Vega,RB7,,RC12 5.2, TLR22-4,MP9,HB807T
Flask of tea & a rollup
Anglia model centre & CT Models
http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28117
Old 04-02-2013

I'm usin one of those and he's, jagged entirely its too low/tight, some a five pruning can make it work well enough
Every Thursday evening from 6:30pm and alternate Sundays.

Check out http://shrccc.co.uk
Follow us on:

Facebook - Surrey and Hants Radio Control Car Club
Twitter - @surreyhantsrc
Old 04-02-2013

Try gently heating it then pushing the lexan out to creat a hump to allow for the electrics
--->Seller Feedback<---
Old 18-02-2013

I don't see why you guys have an issue with it, I can fit all my normal sized electrics in without too much bother, although I did have to trim some out of the back to give the motor wires clearance. But then again I AM using the rear motor setup. I may see if I can see any noticeable difference in handling mid vs rear when I do some testing later in the year
Old 18-02-2013
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ewanthecarter View Post
I don't see why you guys have an issue with it, I can fit all my normal sized electrics in without too much bother, although I did have to trim some out of the back to give the motor wires clearance. But then again I AM using the rear motor setup. I may see if I can see any noticeable difference in handling mid vs rear when I do some testing later in the year
True!

The other option, though it's a bit old school, would be to make your own.
Personally, being I'm so cheap, when I saw the price of the factory underbody - I bought a sheet of lexan and made my own. Being as the chassis is basically rectangular and essentially straight-sided, I was able to fold up some lexan and attach it to the sidepods with velcro rather easily - in about 10 minutes.
Old 19-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robby View Post
True!

The other option, though it's a bit old school, would be to make your own.
Personally, being I'm so cheap, when I saw the price of the factory underbody - I bought a sheet of lexan and made my own. Being as the chassis is basically rectangular and essentially straight-sided, I was able to fold up some lexan and attach it to the sidepods with velcro rather easily - in about 10 minutes.
Or you could buy two 22 buggy shells and do a spot of cut'n'shutting on them, which was what people who first took up SC10s did back in the day
Old 19-02-2013
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

You could try cutting some old large coke bottle into strips, superglue onto underbody and extend its height to what you need.