View Poll Results: Update on for sale section rules
Should all posts in the for sale section have photos? 81 92.05%
Should it be left it as it is? 7 7.95%
Voters: 88. You may not vote on this poll

Old 31-12-2017
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rondoolaa View Post
maybe this is a bad idea and wouldnt get much support but has anyone ever thought about having an oople membership, even if its only 1 or 2 pound a year, its the price of a cup of coffee these days or a double cheesburger, it would help pay for the oople servers and would mean you couldnt sell on here unless your a paying member and sellers addresses would be stored through the paypal payment process and help stop scammers just coming on here to con people out of their money, and i agree with every item you're selling should have a pic as some scammers use pics found on the web and the owner may see that pic on here and report it and stop people being scammed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippy G View Post
I would have no issues paying a membership fee if it keeps a great forum like Oople going smoothly and as stated it would discourage people just coming on here to scam as they need to pay out money first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fidspeed View Post
Im up for a few quid donstion

also I won't/don't use Facebook maybe im in minority now but I dont like the horror stories associated with it
no offence to anyone who does though

regards dave

One of the gun forums i use has a donation system, you don't have to donate but your name is highlighted in a different colour if you do. They have a target of £100 per month and they reach it every month.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodgydiy View Post
for sale should have photo's, even better with name and date on the photo. photo's need to be hosted on site for short term though as me and several others i know have problems getting them to show, even when resized to be far less than the 400kb limit. make the ads expire and ad plus photo vanish after something like 4 or 6 weeks to reduce the webspace taken up by doing this. i would donate but wouldnt pay a forced subscription, i would just go elsewhere as site interest and content has dropped away a lot in the last year and would be reduced even more by doing this as there are too many other sources available for free online
Also, could the sales post be moderated and not show in the section until a Mod or Admin has authorised it. That way you know all sales have been seen by admin and are good to go.

Schumacher F1..The original KF.
TLR 5.0 AC .. FORSALE
Old 01-01-2018
Mad Member

Default moderation

Good point Ross but I think policing it would take up a lot of moderators voulentered time. To kill 2 birds with one stone a fixed minimum charge to sell an item, everyones a winner, the forum has funds and the scammers won't bother. Maybe £1 per sale post, believe me I think I would be giving them the most money LMAO
Old 01-01-2018

Default Side show

This is all a side show
When can we get down and discuss how bad the cactus 4wd front tyre is
Old 01-01-2018
Awesome Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duncan View Post
This is all a side show
When can we get down and discuss how bad the cactus 4wd front tyre is
Is it really that bad
Old 01-01-2018

Default Cactus

It's a bit of banta we have all bean having. Lol

I pay Schumacher a small fortune a year for tyres and they come out with a new " fully tested " tyre for carpet the cactus
Yet all of us have to spent an hour butchering the tyre to get it to work. Why do I have spend money on a tyre I have to cut to bits .
The time to trim the tyre is enormous, I have to trim two sets one for me and one for my son.
I can't get my head around this.
Once I have used all I have I will not race with them again.

Rant over

I also think all items for sale should have a photo, if there is no photo I would not buy it anyway.
Old 01-01-2018

I think photo's, BB code for free image hosting sites or links to other sites should be mandatory for all for sale items in my opinion.

Also, something I find annoying, and it might be my browser (Firefox) or something but when I want to edit one of my own For Sale posts, it removes all the original post. Why is that? Is it something I am doing wrong?

It usually means I have to copy the post text to re-paste back in, along with edits (Price, spelling, grammar etc) but is a pain with image hosting sites as you lose the BB code.
Old 01-01-2018
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duncan View Post
It's a bit of banta we have all bean having. Lol

I pay Schumacher a small fortune a year for tyres and they come out with a new " fully tested " tyre for carpet the cactus
Yet all of us have to spent an hour butchering the tyre to get it to work. Why do I have spend money on a tyre I have to cut to bits .
The time to trim the tyre is enormous, I have to trim two sets one for me and one for my son.
I can't get my head around this.
Once I have used all I have I will not race with them again.

Rant over

I also think all items for sale should have a photo, if there is no photo I would not buy it anyway.
Well put Duncan
To make the tires work I had to cut the centre 2 rows out, then cut the inner and outer rows off and dremmel them smooth THEN! glue the outside wall of the tire. Believe me by the time I had done my tire prep for the recent Christmas meetings I had probably got 1 complete cactus tyre in my lungs via my nose and mouth breathing the dremmel rubberdust.
Do Schumacher do dust masks

Since we have been using them on the 2wd rear we have noticed a twitchy back end so we resorted to cutting the inner and outer edge off those too and new they work better, once again more rubber.

Talk about a rubber Turkey for Christmas believe me I was stuffed with rubber.

But overall LOVE the tyre and a huge thanks to Schumacher. NOT!

Rant over, Hope you all have a great year coming.

P.S. Duncan your rant is in the the wrong place
Old 01-01-2018
Mad Member

Jesus.. try running pins on a dry 1/8 track and then you can moan about trimming rows off!
Old 01-01-2018

Default Lol

Fair point
Old 01-01-2018
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam F View Post
Jesus.. try running pins on a dry 1/8 track and then you can moan about trimming rows off!
A full set of yellows you mean, no chance lol

Schumacher F1..The original KF.
TLR 5.0 AC .. FORSALE
Old 01-01-2018
Mad Member

Or just use a different tyre
Old 01-01-2018
Mad Member

Default different tyre

Quote:
Originally Posted by daz75 View Post
Or just use a different tyre
That's a bit difficult when the controlled tyre is the cactus for the event
Old 01-01-2018
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippy G View Post
That's a bit difficult when the controlled tyre is the cactus for the event
Ah, change events
Old 05-01-2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Origineelreclamebord View Post
Good point. Similarly, could the integrity of the sales section benefit from storing all post content on oOple's servers, and ensuring all edit history is visible? To keep the file database manageable, I can imagine sales posts (or specifically, their attachments) could be live/kept online for only a limited time?

Certainly agree with the principle, but what do you do when you've marked an item as sold and people still drop you messages weeks later asking if it's available, or will you take a random amount etc?
I try to mark my items as SOLD as soon as money has changed hands, but still get people asking about them a long time after. I don't delete the content, but like to change the price in the add to SOLD as well in an attempt to avoid non relevant messages.
I can see why people delete the whole thing, since no-one will drop you a message once sold that way.
There is only so many times you can respond saying sold as marked. To me not responding is rude, so still do but hopefully you see my point...
Maybe if we want the adds to remain as they where for reference, then as soon as an item is marked as SOLD, the contact seller option should be removed? That way hopefully both purposes are served.

Last edited by charlesk; 05-01-2018 at 09:51 PM.
Old 18-01-2018
Awesome Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ross View Post
One of the gun forums i use has a donation system, you don't have to donate but your name is highlighted in a different colour if you do. They have a target of £100 per month and they reach it every month.

Also, could the sales post be moderated and not show in the section until a Mod or Admin has authorised it. That way you know all sales have been seen by admin and are good to go.
There is a donate link at the top right hand side of the page if you’ve missed it
The problem with moderating every post is the time, I don’t get the tame to get on as much as I’d like so then you’d end up with a backlog and then annoyed people who’s posts have taken an age to be approved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlesk View Post
Certainly agree with the principle, but what do you do when you've marked an item as sold and people still drop you messages weeks later asking if it's available, or will you take a random amount etc?
I try to mark my items as SOLD as soon as money has changed hands, but still get people asking about them a long time after. I don't delete the content, but like to change the price in the add to SOLD as well in an attempt to avoid non relevant messages.
I can see why people delete the whole thing, since no-one will drop you a message once sold that way.
There is only so many times you can respond saying sold as marked. To me not responding is rude, so still do but hopefully you see my point...
Maybe if we want the adds to remain as they where for reference, then as soon as an item is marked as SOLD, the contact seller option should be removed? That way hopefully both purposes are served.
I’m not sure if the option can be removed, if it was just from the sales page people could still just search the user and message them from there.

I personally like people leaving the whole post up with prices just marked sold then you can use them for future reference on priceing your own stuff. I think we could look at reducing the server load by deleting older posts because you can go back quite a way on the old for sale posts with pics too.
Old 18-01-2018
Mad Member

I'll help if you need extra mods
Old 18-01-2018

I'm also free a lot so can spare time to help
Old 18-01-2018

Make it easier for people to upload photos-pictures
It seems the common problem is unable or difficulties uploading pics
Old 18-01-2018
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHEVY View Post
This is the only forum I've ever seen that allow pic uploads. Personally I think it should removed and everyone use the many hosting companies out there
Old 18-01-2018
Awesome Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHEVY View Post
I still use photobucket without issue and if you use a hosting site then all your photos are stored in 1 place