Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Hot Bodies / HPI

Old 02-10-2008

Default D4 over B44

for those of you who have seen both what are the pro's and cons of D4 over the B44?
Old 10-12-2008

I owned a B44 and its a very fast car suspension is the key to any 4wd buggy once you fix that your ready to race. the D4 is another version of the B44 it just costs 50.00 more its just a choice you have to make.
Old 11-12-2008

I think if you look closely you will see that there are several differences between the D4 and the B44....

The geometry is different and the D4 shocks I find are easier to build (WCE versions anyhow) as they come with a bleed screw in the cap.

The D4 is closer to the BJ4 Worlds in specification than the B44, hence the difference in price.
Old 11-12-2008
Spends too long on oOple ...

Send a message via MSN to mark christopher

had my d4 for a long time now, and love it, seen others with b44 and some hate it some love it,
i found allot of help track side from mirage drivers and having that is worth loads as the help on off is superb
Old 11-12-2008
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Send a message via MSN to Mike Hudson

Both cars are very good in their own ways and which ever suits your driving style better you will mopst likely prefer. Maybe best to have ago with both cars if you know people that will let you try them.
I've driven the B44 since the beginning of this season and havn't found a car that I've had a good go with yet that i prefer, you can drive it safe and very fast at the same time and you can really thrash it and be really aggresive with it when you need to/want to, i've found it very forgiving and easy to correct mistakes and a very robust car, (only broken 2 wishbones and 1 shockshaft in a year of weekly indoor and outdoor events!) The B44 like the B4 is one of the easiest cars to get trackside spares and setups/tips for from other drivers and the price of the car is fantastic for what it is and doesnt need any upgrades for it out of the box. Had a small go with a D4 but can't comment much on it, not a car for me thats all I can say, For me it's the B44 all the way for next years season