Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > 10ELECTRIC - Cullingworth

Closed Thread

Old 08-05-2014
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bells View Post
I'm using 2 row mini pins hope Danny don't mind
Running 4wd now

Jokes
Old 09-05-2014
Admin

What's with all the 2 row stud business?? I've got loads of them, should I auction them off??
Old 09-05-2014
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oscar View Post
What's with all the 2 row stud business?? I've got loads of them, should I auction them off??
Collectors only now John. Danny has had them banned by brca for sanctioned events as they are not currently commercially available.
10electric | Batley Buggy Club | YORCC | RHR | MB Models
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Old 09-05-2014

Lol
Old 09-05-2014
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jameswilkinson7 View Post
Lol
Just call me the tyre Stalin
Old 09-05-2014

Had a great night. Enjoyed the track. Thanks Nori
Old 10-05-2014
Mad Member

Really good night, great turnout. Hats off to James for doing build and Nori for running it.
Old 10-05-2014

Could we give the big ramps a miss though please? Ok once in a while, but they break the flow of the track, and not just for me with the vintage bangers from the conversations last night. Last time we had lots of ramps and bumps, twists and turns, but the track flowed well. Especially covered in oil

The cross-over ramps - I'm really worried somebody is going to get 2kg of model car in the side of the head - as an adult it's going to hurt, but with a small kid . . .

Bri
Old 10-05-2014

Ha you poor deluded fool's you have my sympathy........ Good track my arse! what sort of fool put's a 6ft ramp in a 4ft sq room?
----AE B4 ft----Xfactory X6^----DEX210 V1----
----TLR22 3.0----TLR22 4.0----TLR22t 4.0----TLR22 5.0AC----
----AE B6.4----
Old 10-05-2014

I enjoyed it and thought the track flowed (especially the cross over jump). You're never going to please everyone and the track does change every meeting.
Old 10-05-2014

See above!!!!!!!!!!!
----AE B4 ft----Xfactory X6^----DEX210 V1----
----TLR22 3.0----TLR22 4.0----TLR22t 4.0----TLR22 5.0AC----
----AE B6.4----
Old 10-05-2014
Admin

I actually thought the big ramp worked OK, other than you had to stand at one end of the rostrum to see the downslope properly.

I'm not really a fan of cross overs in general, but in a room that small it does help offer more track options. I get what Brian is saying, so maybe we just make sure the entry to those is very tight and slow, so no real height or length of jump is possible. Maybe that option is still going to allow different tracks, but remain pretty safe??
Old 10-05-2014
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeilRalph77 View Post
Ha you poor deluded fool's you have my sympathy........ Good track my arse! what sort of fool put's a 6ft ramp in a 4ft sq room?
Bit harsh Neal

Dont think it was ment to be taken like a ramp. More roll up n down it (unless you have mad skills to jump it)
Old 10-05-2014
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny Harrison View Post
Bit harsh Neal

Dont think it was ment to be taken like a ramp. More roll up n down it (unless you have mad skills to jump it)
err, Neil... not Neal.

The up and over was fine, as was the cross over. Ralphy is just being miserable because I was beating him with a 25+ year old car, even when he cheated. Touring car track next time

I actually thought it was a good night racing, and enjoyed it. Running the RC10 puts a smile on my face, its just so fun to drive.

I'm uploading the final videos now.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Old 11-05-2014
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Default Final Videos

2014-15-09 - A Final
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TiY8NHvg74w

2014-15-09 - B Final
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqKH5zoduBg

2014-15-09 - C Final
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YGCulK7U9yM

2014-15-09 - D Final
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYWRUiYWkhE

2014-15-09 - 4wd Final
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=apzsaH6IP3Q
Old 11-05-2014
Mad Member

Good vids, killed a bit of my soul crashing on second to last lap, next time
Old 11-05-2014

The cross over ramps from a car point of view are fine. But I wince every time I see someone bend down to rescue a car anywhere in front of it. Not helped of course, by shouts of "marshal" or "come on" as someone waits for the next car to come past.

I remember Tom being hit in the leg by a car when he was taping the track down. In agony for some time. Same hit on the head and it wouldn't be a surprise to need an ambulance. It'd be like being hit in the head by a hammer. For Friday night toy car racing it seems a bit too dangerous.

A kid I know fell off the bottom of a slide, hit his head, and was basically dead for some minutes. Luckily a neighbour with medical training just happened to be there, with an oxygen bottle set up in his car nearby and got him going again and get him going until paramedics got there and he was flown to hospital. Prognosis was good but with the proviso that the effects might appear as brain injuries as he grows up.

I don't have that medical knowledge or ability. Do you?

Scaremongering? I would have said someone telling me falling off the bottom of a kids slide would cause a near death episode was too, but it does change your viewpoint.

Bri
Old 11-05-2014

I've just watched the finals (thanks to Neal for the footage ) and I honestly can't see what's dangerous about that cross over jump. It was straight after a tight 180 degree corner so speeds were very low. The cars were getting somewhere around knee height and no one was able to get huge distance. It would be classed as a bobble on the track if we were racing outdoors!

Personally I think they're a great addition to the track because the room to work with is so small. We could say no more jumps but what would be the fun in that? I'm not saying we risk peoples safety but we all know what happens when there's too much red tape. You've probably got more chance of falling off the stage and hurting yourself.
Old 11-05-2014
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

what on earth are you on about Brian? I've no idea if you are talking about friday night or some meeting you attended 25 years ago? Who is Tom? Jerry's mate?
Old 11-05-2014

Tom Potter - last year at Cullingworth, hit hard in the knee - limped quite a bit. Just an accident, but it still hurt. You might not be fully aware of the risks of full length race marshalling Neil - I noticed the other week you were hiding in the stage side room every time I parked on the corner apex tyre just in-front of you

Big jumps outside are fine - you've got somewhere to get out of the way. Knee height to an adult, is child head height when they're bending to collect a car - and would you deliberately put a child in front of even a slow moving hammer?

Some of the cars Friday were still flying quite high and far - so even a tight turn into it doesn't always work. Use them as a ramp, but not a cross over - having to marshal across the direction of travel just seems to be too risky, trying to dodge traffic in two directions, while trying to rescue a car, even if you're not being pressurised by being shouted at.

The point I'm trying to make is it's toy car racing for fun on a Friday evening - and if someone gets hurt for the sake of it, then all the fun's gone.

25 years ago, I was long jumping an original Kyosho Ultima over long lines of kids laid down in the grass at gala in a park in Todmordon for the Evening Courier's photographer - different sense of risk then

As for falling off the stage - that's your own stupid fault
Closed Thread