Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > BRCA Nationals & Regionals > BRCA 1/10th OFF ROAD - 2010

Old 22-06-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Default More help for Ty

I am hoping to get some more help for Ty and his science class project for inner city London kids. http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=47903
He has received quite a bit, but could use some more stuff!!!
So come on you hardcore racers, have a look in your cupboard, shed, attic or wherever you keep that old R/C stuff and bring it along to Ozfest this weekend and I will make sure it get to Ty.
Ideas on things required, steering racks, any flat carbon, driveshafts, wheels, tyres, servos, speedos, paint, bodyshells etc, and any other R/C stuff that the kids can use to design and build a car.
Many thanks for your support
Old 24-06-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Anyone??? Anything?? Awwww come on man!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 24-06-2010
oOple Advertiser

Dave, I haven't followed this but i do have some old stuff, mainly some real old Schumacher, Losi and so on bits - is this the sort of thing? I may also have some old servos etc - let me know and where to give/send. See yah at the weekend
Old 24-06-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Tony, this is exactly what we need. If you could bring it along this weekend I will make sure it get to him.

And the rest of you, lets get it done!!! Please
Old 13-07-2010

Cheers to everyone that's helped out so far - especially you DC for all the posts!

The initial one-week project starts up next week, and the kids are BUZZING!!! There's a great sense of excitement around the school about the big pile of RC cars and paraphanelia building up in Mr Miller's lab. Boys and girls that I'd never expect to be interested are banging on the door to beg to be in on the project...

After school today, even the Deputy Head Teacher couldn't resist coming outside and driving one of the cars around the quad a bit when we were doing some preliminary testing of the track layout!!!

I've every intention of extending the project into a longer-term club for the kids through the next school year - so all of your kindly donated kit and bits is certain to be a part of the project. Thank you ALL very much!

Plenty of photos to follow!

Further, it's still not too late to get some stuff down to the school if you're keen - even the most basic stuff like cool stickers or painting masks would help out, but the most useful would be old cars of any description of course.

The school address is:
South Camden Community School
Charrington Street
London
NW1 1RG

Thanks!
Ty

PS a special thanks to Mr Scott Whyman, to whom I have not been able to thank directly, for leaving a great box of kit with Steve Brooke to pass over to me at a recent regional.