Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > Mendip RC Raceway

Old 08-02-2018

Default Advice

Hi after watching a couple1/10 off road buggy race's at Mendip i thought id give it ago. Although i fly electric planes & heli's i was after advice on buggy, motor, esc choice.
I'm looking at the Team Associated RC10B6 or RC10B6D. So which buggy, ESC, motor and the turn on the motor would you recommend

Thank you
Old 08-02-2018

B6 is a good choice, lots of them the trackside shop John at RCOctane is stockist and plenty of good drivers with advice etc

Im not AE driver so B6 or B6d Im not too sure about but for my money if only 1 car of the 2 I would probably go B6D and be able to cope with all conditions, its outdoor racing after all LOL

hobbywing is good value for money brand, all the way up to high end like orion and Maclan etc

a lot depends on what your budget is and if you think its a hobby you will stick with

I would go 7.0 or 7.5 in 2wd buggy

Im sure plenty of other people will happily advise,

its mid devon indoor this Sunday at Cullompton, then sunday after its mendip outdoor again

will be a quiet meeting as it clashes with an indoor in Torbay, but if in the area pop along, welcome to ask questions prod n poke my cars etc

Im also at the next COBRA meeting in Cardiff. not sure if you been to that venue?
RC10B74 Maclan powered

#rcoctane
#teamrcoctane
Old 08-02-2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonydevon View Post
B6 is a good choice, lots of them the trackside shop John at RCOctane is stockist and plenty of good drivers with advice etc

Im not AE driver so B6 or B6d Im not too sure about but for my money if only 1 car of the 2 I would probably go B6D and be able to cope with all conditions, its outdoor racing after all LOL

hobbywing is good value for money brand, all the way up to high end like orion and Maclan etc

a lot depends on what your budget is and if you think its a hobby you will stick with

I would go 7.0 or 7.5 in 2wd buggy

Im sure plenty of other people will happily advise,

its mid devon indoor this Sunday at Cullompton, then sunday after its mendip outdoor again

will be a quiet meeting as it clashes with an indoor in Torbay, but if in the area pop along, welcome to ask questions prod n poke my cars etc

Im also at the next COBRA meeting in Cardiff. not sure if you been to that venue?
Thanks for the advice i may be able to get to the Cobra meeting as i only live about 40 miles from Cardiff.