Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > 12th & 10th On Road

Old 25-11-2012

Default Going to buy a touring car help me choose

Hi peeps I'm looking to buy a tc6 tcx or the latest X-ray Evernote the mi4 but just carnt decide on which one is best for indoor racing please can someone help also what is the best speedo Icahn buy for this class of racing.
Old 25-11-2012

I am selling my mint condition tamiya trf417x if that interests you? Pm me if it does and I will send over some photos.

Cheers
Old 25-11-2012

the best tc for carpet racing is the yokomo bd7
Roche
Stoke RCMCC
Monitex
FunDecal

Old 25-11-2012

everyone has there own car that they like, the best idea is go to your local club where you will race it and see what they use the most..

this way you have lots of help available and a wider variety of spares if needed either by people at the club or a possible on site shop.
Old 26-11-2012

iv your got a fair bit of money fella i would go new and get ya self a xray t4 and speedos go with hobbywing v2.1
Old 26-11-2012

Default Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by eoghan.c View Post
iv your got a fair bit of money fella i would go new and get ya self a xray t4 and speedos go with hobbywing v2.1
Thanks for the advise think I will look at the X-ray we have 4 array team drivers at my club so might ask them as they coul help me cheers bud
Old 21-12-2012

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leelosi View Post
Thanks for the advise think I will look at the X-ray we have 4 array team drivers at my club so might ask them as they coul help me cheers bud
yeah i would the xray t4 is the nuts nerly all of us use xray in our club thay cake alot more punishment then any other chassis we had a tamiya up our club raceing in the A final that ended snappin a wish bone not good iv never seen an xray do that bud

as for speedo hobbywings speedos as the best value for money as for changing setups its loads better as you only have to carry around the lcd box witch ant big its better then carrying around a laptop wich you have to do for the novac gm teken maybe some other ones hope this helps
Old 22-12-2012
Mad Member

The top ones at our club are Tamiyas, X-rays and schumachers. The ones that seem to break the most are the xrays. All are good though and in the hands of a good driver all can win.
Old 22-12-2012
Spends too long on oOple ...

Send a message via MSN to mark christopher

Quote:
Dude if the fella has loads of dosh y nut tell him to get the hobbywing v3 .

Speedo wise I would look at the dualsky and program box, excellent package from smd
Old 18-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark christopher View Post
Dude if the fella has loads of dosh y nut tell him to get the hobbywing v3 .

Speedo wise I would look at the dualsky and program box, excellent package from smd
the best hobby wing speedo made to date is the hobbywing v2.1 120a iv been told that from national drivers even though the v3 is out there so i say go with the v2.1 i ant had no trouble with it one bit nd im out driveing alot of the tekin novak that got alot more other complicated adjustments and you need to carry around laptop/netbook you dnt need to with hobbywing
Old 18-01-2013
Spends too long on oOple ...

Send a message via MSN to mark christopher

Quote:
the best hobby wing speedo made to date is the hobbywing v2.1 120a iv been told that from national drivers even though the v3 is out there so i say go with the v2.1 i ant had no trouble with it one bit nd im out driveing alot of the tekin novak that got alot more other complicated adjustments and you need to carry around laptop/netbook you dnt need to with hobbywing
but have you experienced them? i recomend the dualsky range, good value easy to set up and very reliable, yup i have used both....
Old 18-01-2013

All the current crop of touring cars can compete on very equal terms but I do think the Xray is probably the most 'complete' in terms that the kit seems to come with everything you need, gear diff etc - also little touches on the car itself & suggestions in the manual really make you realise that the development team for the car have thought of everything!

Spares back up for the three cars you suggest also seems good from the main retailers, something which you may struggle with the Tamiya, unless you don't mind ordering from Hong Kong (sometimes delivery from HK can be as quick as ordering from the UK)

I personally race a Corally 09' straight arm car which I do quite well with (won the last club championship at the end of the last year) ESC-wise I run a Black Diamond, which is an expensive item but in my opinion worth it!
Old 18-01-2013
Mad Member

This weekend my Tamiya seemed like the only piece of Blue awash an orange ocean of Xrays. They definitely seem to be popular, and they are a nice car. T4 seems to have a few issues, front of the chassis snaps, drive shafts fail and the motor mount takes a little getting used to. However there are workarounds for most of these issues.

As to Tamiya parts availability. There are lots of uk sellers that have spares. So I can get things next day. Also the fact its a Tamiya means it doesn't really break.
Old 18-01-2013

get the T4 the first xray I have owned and it is the best car I ever owned!

Previous cars include Tamiya, Hot Bodies etc

As for speedo Hobbywing all the way - best value for money Extreme stock (2.1) is most popular. V3 is very very good but does take a bit more understanding of how the settings work, but when you do it is the best
Old 23-01-2013

I race for RC Disco/Xray and have been for a few years. What I see happen quite a bit in Touring is: if you buy any other car other than Xray, eventually your going to want to try one. They are very robust cars from new. You buy a used one and just like a any other brand they will have the chance of breaking easier. Xray is known for its strength and its ability to take a beating. I pass all my cars down to my dad who beats the heck out of it.
Supported by RC Disco and Team Powers UK
Favourite Model Shop....MB Models!
Old 23-01-2013

I like Xray touring cars i had a t2 008 and switched to a t3 2012 (brand new)
and to be honest i didnt get on with it at first i found the kit setup very hard to drive however once i had made it slightly easier to drive i have found it is perfect plus with all the support of xray parts and manuals you cant go wrong xray parts are not bulletproof however but are much stronger than tamiya and schumacher parts
I run a tekin speedo with a gm and its fine although maybe a litlle harsh on some tight tracks the smoothest speedo i have tried in it is a lrp/nosram version 2 with a gm motor
The only car i would consider is a yokomo or vbc racing touring car with corally 2009 shocks on it