Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > 12th & 10th On Road

Old 28-02-2010
Mad Member

Default mi4 touring car , servo / servo saver

hi in my schumacher mi4 touring car , im only using a hitec hs 325bb servo ( £9 servo ) and up untill last fryday when i got t-boned it had been excelent , ive been finishing 2nd or 3rd in the a final ...

but basicly i need to get another servo and one as a spare , i was thinking of getting another hitec 325bb to keep the car balanced etc ... but then thought about fitting a cheap metal geared servo ..

what cheap servo would you recomened , and do you use a servo saver , or just a fixed/normal servo horn ...

cheers for any help
Old 28-02-2010

One thing many people overlook when they buy gear for their car is a decent servo.

Why bother getting all the speed you need if you cant turn the car when you want? Im talking about track racing here, not just simple bashing. As lap times are made and broken on the infield.

IMO take the plunge and invest in a £45 savox low profile servo and run it without a servo saver (or add strong servo saver to it). as most decent metal geared servos will strip the splines on the arm before stripping a metal gear.

you wont regret it
Old 28-02-2010
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by geubes View Post
One thing many people overlook when they buy gear for their car is a decent servo.

Why bother getting all the speed you need if you cant turn the car when you want? Im talking about track racing here, not just simple bashing. As lap times are made and broken on the infield.

IMO take the plunge and invest in a £45 savox low profile servo and run it without a servo saver (or add strong servo saver to it). as most decent metal geared servos will strip the splines on the arm before stripping a metal gear.

you wont regret it
ok cheers for your help ... ive accualy just found a hitec hs-5645mg servo ,i was thinking of fitting this in there at the moment , untill funds allow me to get the savox ..

cheers shaun