Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > 1/10th OFF ROAD

Old 31-01-2012

Default is there any want for a stock class?

in my searching for a buggy to get myself back into the hobby it seems that everything is brushless if you want to go racing.

i have seen that the on road classes have a limited motor class and a modified/unlimited class.

back in the day i raced in the 27 turn stock class as costs were low and everybody had the same sort or motor and so the racing was close. i cant seem to find anything on the BRCA website to suggest that this still happens, just a list of approved batteries and motors.

would a stock class be beneficial to 1/10 off road and encourage younger drivers and more people into the hobby given the amount of brushed RTRs on the market?
Old 31-01-2012
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

The thing is that something like an Ezrun brushless system can be bought for very little money, and at a lot of tracks is more than enough to propel a good enough driver into the A. Brushless offers so much power even racers on a tight budget can have a car as quick as anyone else.
In contrast, a restricted brushed class would soon develop issues with people having superior motors or esc's - especially when you are talking RTR's were there is a huge variation in the quality and wind of the supplied motor.

Nobody says you can't use brushed in racing - some people still do and in some applications people swear its better, but cheaper and simpler it isn't.

Yz4 - Yz2
DEX210 - Cobra 4210- DEX410
RC10 Team - Manta Ray -
RC10T
Mini Trophy - Blizzard - Wheely King
Tz4 - GT24B

BMRCC
Emergency back-up race controller
(but only if nobody better is available)
Old 31-01-2012
Awesome Admin

Send a message via AIM to Col

Some clubs run this type of class. At York we run 2wd mod, 4wd mod and "540" class that consists of either 2 or 4wd running a sealed can 540 size motor or a 17.5 brushless. Nearly all in the class are brushless.
Old 01-02-2012

In Ireland we run a stock 10.5 brushless or 19 Turn brushed class with no timing allowed on the speedo and it has really caught on where 2 years ago there might have been 8 drivers for a c?ship round there are now 20 stock and 10-15 mod turning up to race.
It definately works as new and younger guys are arriving all the time, and not so intimadated by the speed of the mod class.at the end of the day we are only 1-2 secs a lap slower than the mod guys.
dublin model racing .com
Old 01-02-2012
Mad Member

Coming from a Touring car background it seems to make sense to me. I think there is so much variation with what you can use it would make it more even ?

For getting people into the hobby and at the track at an affordable price I think it would help too as if you look at the higher end stuff price can put you off.

My paintwork thread
Old 01-02-2012

Default stock

cant see the point in stock class for buggys.but i think they need to bring back a stock class for touring cars all this timming /turbo stuff makes newbis confused they need to run 17.5 no turbo as a class everywere not just some clubs some times