Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > General Race Chat

Old 13-11-2005

Default 8th Rallycross

Now then......
I've bin toying for a while to get one of these. Just for messing with, particularly at some of me local bmx tracks (peel park and yeadon tarn) I was wondering if anyone who has had a blast with or has one can tell me what they are like to run in relation to a 10th elec buggy which I run at the mo...

Cheers in advance
Old 13-11-2005
Administrator

John and chris both have them, john gave his a whirl for the first time today, come on lads, spill the beans..

Personally without having one (i want one) i have to say they look a heck of a lot of work and mess..
Old 13-11-2005
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Heyup Jimmy.

I knew there was something I was going to do today.....
Bruce told me at York that John had an 1/8th scale and I meant to drop by the nook to take a look, gutted that I forgot all about it......

So John, if your out there, what have you got, where did you get it and how did you do ? More importantly did you beat Chris ?
Old 14-11-2005

Quote:
Originally Posted by andys
Heyup Jimmy.

I knew there was something I was going to do today.....
Bruce told me at York that John had an 1/8th scale and I meant to drop by the nook to take a look, gutted that I forgot all about it......

So John, if your out there, what have you got, where did you get it and how did you do ? More importantly did you beat Chris ?
John posted the fastest lap times of anyone there on Sunday but to quote the old tortoise and hare story, it's not always the fastest who wins...... :wink:

I was on pole but actually ended up 3rd after the engine cut at my first pit stop and I lost just short of 2 minutes - i ended up 2 laps down on 1st and 2nd place but probably lost 3 laps :evil: ....oh well.

John had a few 'teething troubles' on Sunday but i'm sure he would have won the meeting otherwise as he was easily the best driver there.

The cars can be a bit fiddly but overall mine has been very reliable and i've finished most of the 20 minute finals i've been in and they do take some hammer.

My engine was a bit temperamental at the last 2 meetings which coincides with me using different fuel and having to retune to suit it - i was back on the proper stuff yesterday but still haven't fully got my tune back - i was hoping that some of the big lads would have been there yesterday to assist me but alas no.

My advice is get one bought

Chris
Old 15-11-2005
Admin

I was feeling like I had the black death Sunday, so my brain wasn't engaged at all. The car seems good fun, but I have a lot to learn yet and could probably give better judgement later.
Looking forward to the next time out with it, which with the indoor calendar and busy period at work, could be even after Xmas