Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > BRCA Nationals & Regionals > North West

Old 01-03-2012

Did you get my full details for John Clements?

http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=80777
Old 01-03-2012
Mad Member

Glad ive only just seen this
Old 01-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RudolfXC View Post
Did you get my full details for John Clements?
Yes Thanks
Old 01-03-2012

The meeting for round 1 at Southport is now FULL.
Any more bookings will go on a reserve list
Old 01-03-2012

This is IMO

Race Events
More than 120 drivers is way too many, when you think about it this is why a well run and fully organised event like UK Nationals cap to around 120 drivers, I not saying the North West is badly run by the way, it’s just not as good as Nationals as you would expect. The North West is growing every year and has now become a very big region and I think is time the clubs started looking at splitting 2wd and 4wd or people that book into all the events get priority, as you will find that each club will have racers that only race at their local club and are not willing to travel. Unfortunately I feel that the region will push people away to other regions where you can race and be home before local regional has even finished.

Look at the mid-west’s link this is how it should be done. They have 7/8 heats per class properly the same as us, they also have three legged A-Finals which I now its not for everyone but it gives a much better sceptical for the people watching.

http://www.brca-midwest.co.uk/calendar2012.html

Booking In
Right what the hell is going on with booking in, I want to book in to all the North West regional events yeah!! Why can I not just send one email which books me in for all these events? What I have to do is book each event separately, which is okay but what happens if clubs are not taking pre-booking in or start taking pre-booking in later in the week when I am not on oople. It’s just completely and utterly rubbish.

Driving Standard
The driving standard in the North-west is horrendous compared to other Regions. I went to Coventry the last weekend and I have forgotten how much better it is. I raced at Chadderton the week before and people were jumping the track blatantly, In the A final, one racer was in front of two other racers and were all close together on the track, he crashed and end up on the wrong side on the track, he waited for the other racers to come round but then carried on in front of them, basically gaining two places, this is top 10 racers for that meeting!!! You should get back on the track where you crashed and carry on. It’s the same when we go outdoors. Why don’t we have referees?? I am willing to help, maybe give a referee an incentive to referee, pay them by means of free entry for the son or daughter that’s racing or free food, maybe referees should be picked at drivers briefing, which then goes back to organisation and running smaller meetings.

At the minute I am serious considering not doing NW Regional’s because of the above and I also know people that are thinking the same.

Stuart Wood, sort it out please!!!

Comments are welcome
Old 01-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony12795 View Post
This is IMO

Race Events
More than 120 drivers is way too many, when you think about it this is why a well run and fully organised event like UK Nationals cap to around 120 drivers, I not saying the North West is badly run by the way, it’s just not as good as Nationals as you would expect. The North West is growing every year and has now become a very big region and I think is time the clubs started looking at splitting 2wd and 4wd or people that book into all the events get priority, as you will find that each club will have racers that only race at their local club and are not willing to travel. Unfortunately I feel that the region will push people away to other regions where you can race and be home before local regional has even finished.

Look at the mid-west’s link this is how it should be done. They have 7/8 heats per class properly the same as us, they also have three legged A-Finals which I now its not for everyone but it gives a much better sceptical for the people watching.

http://www.brca-midwest.co.uk/calendar2012.html

Booking In
Right what the hell is going on with booking in, I want to book in to all the North West regional events yeah!! Why can I not just send one email which books me in for all these events? What I have to do is book each event separately, which is okay but what happens if clubs are not taking pre-booking in or start taking pre-booking in later in the week when I am not on oople. It’s just completely and utterly rubbish.

Driving Standard
The driving standard in the North-west is horrendous compared to other Regions. I went to Coventry the last weekend and I have forgotten how much better it is. I raced at Chadderton the week before and people were jumping the track blatantly, In the A final, one racer was in front of two other racers and were all close together on the track, he crashed and end up on the wrong side on the track, he waited for the other racers to come round but then carried on in front of them, basically gaining two places, this is top 10 racers for that meeting!!! You should get back on the track where you crashed and carry on. It’s the same when we go outdoors. Why don’t we have referees?? I am willing to help, maybe give a referee an incentive to referee, pay them by means of free entry for the son or daughter that’s racing or free food, maybe referees should be picked at drivers briefing, which then goes back to organisation and running smaller meetings.

At the minute I am serious considering not doing NW Regional’s because of the above and I also know people that are thinking the same.

Stuart Wood, sort it out please!!!

Comments are welcome

Old 01-03-2012

Thats a really bad pic !!!!

Very Funny mate......
Old 01-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikePimlott View Post
Glad ive only just seen this
Are you making a comeback Mr Pimlottshire?
Old 01-03-2012

HA HA He is not going to get in........

Yeah, you coming back ??
Old 01-03-2012

Quote:
Thats a really bad pic !!!!

Very Funny mate......
Old 01-03-2012
Mad Member

I completely agree Tony,

Having done both MW and NW for numerous years, there is completely different experience between the 2,

However the MW takes up alot of weekends on the calender. with Nationals and other races it gets hard to do club days.

The NW clubs are club day clubs, with club days every weekend only shut really when theres another regional on, if we split it to 2 seperate sundays it would be shut double the amount of time, or stay open for the people that dont travel to regionals and start the old "i came to yours, you didnt come to mine" war.

A central booking in site ran by the region is a deffinate, we used to have Northern racer website for regional results surely one could be put up for booking in? as done in the MW and the NE (ive done that region too lol)

YEAH, im racing when we get back outdoors
Old 01-03-2012

Mate, I do agree spitting the events is a pain and was only a suggestion, you don't have to do all the meetings. but If I book in for all the events then I should get priority over the ones that only book in for one, two or three.

What you mean outdoors?? I am racing outdoors now (maybe not Southport) but outdoors....

T
Old 01-03-2012
Mad Member

Quote:
What you mean outdoors?? I am racing outdoors now (maybe not Southport) but outdoors....
Yeah, but your a hero with a handbag
Old 01-03-2012

Old 01-03-2012
Mad Member

Was a good suggestion lets split it
Old 01-03-2012

A lot of the popularity of NW regionals has been due to the 1day format. People struggle to commit to full weekend events and clubs and calenders struggle to accomadate completely seperate 2WD /4WD.

Unfortunately (as already pointed out) compared to the number of entrants in each event, the numbers completing enough rounds to count are quite low.

I like the idea of drivers pre-booking the series centrally, giving priorty to drivers who book and pay for at least the minimum 4 scoring rounds.

As the NW clubs close on regional dates to encourage support for the series, seperate 2WD and 4WD rounds means a lot of closed club days which is bad. Accessible club days are the grass roots where new racers are introduced in to the sport.

Hopefully we will have a resurrection of a NW committee to sort this type of stuff out. Unfortunately a few weeks before the first event is the wrong time to change things, really it needs to be discussed and agreed at the end of the outdoor season so everything in place for the next one.
Old 01-03-2012

I don't understand why the section does not use either Central Booking or the BRCA site for booking in ? This way you can pay for you entries by PayPal and also see who else is booked in.
Old 01-03-2012
Mad Member

Like Dan says, We are a little to late in the year to debate this now unfortunately.

Maybe these are changes that could be implemented through the year and tested ready for next year.

Hopefully the new regional rep is reading this and has a few ideas regarding running the region
Old 01-03-2012

The biggest problem in the North West it the lack of clubs. We have had to go to a club in an other region to make up a series. We have had drivers entering from other regionals bacause we run both classes on the same day.
Old 01-03-2012
Mad Member

We are not suggestig using 2 days in 1 weekend just 2 seperate sundays for each class.

Its the only way forward