Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > 1/18th & Micro stuff

Old 08-11-2013

Default LC Racing EMB1 - build question

Just building this buggy - great quality, nice build.
Its the first time I have dipped my toe into a micro buggy.

Have got EZRUN brushless combo 25A ESC and 12T 7800kv motor (as in pic compared to my usual 540-size motor).

Cant believe how small the motor is! The spindle on motor is so small that the pinion wont fit centrally as when grub is tighted it is 'off-centre'. is it simply a matter of putting something around the spindle to make it thicker - if, so what do people use?

I'm wondering if I have got the correct sized motor?

Thanks
Attached Images
File Type: jpg da1.jpg (16.7 KB, 97 views)
File Type: jpg da2.JPG (185.1 KB, 34 views)
Old 08-11-2013

I built one of these up when they first came outlike yourself the kit pinions didn't fit the motor I had got to go in it ... It was a case of finding what the shaft diameter is on motor and buying the correct pinions to fit..

Hope this helps a little ..
Old 08-11-2013
Mad Member

Glad you're enjoying the car, that motor you have though is a little small. It will work fine! It just may get a little hot. The kit motor that Schumacher offer is a little bigger, the one you can see in my car is the same size as the kit Schumacher motor -

More picis on my EMB-1 here - http://www.uk-microrc.co.uk/forum/in...pic=18274&st=0

Mendip R/C Raceway - Offroad Racing in South-West
WORM-Racing - GT12 Racing in the South-West
Old 08-11-2013

Looks like 2mm shaft pinions are not easy to come by!

I wonder about buying the schumacher motor and using with Ezrun 25a ESC or possibly selling my ezrun combo on ebay and buying something better.
Seems a bit of a non-starter if motor just not up for the job - might be best to change before I use it?

Dont want to spend too much as only initially bought this to bash around with my kids, but obviously buying a decent esc/motor that will last and provide a basis for th future is worth it

What do you think?
Old 08-11-2013

Just noticed on another thread that the stock ESC in RTR kit is actually the ezrun 25A so might be just worth getting the LC motor?
Old 08-11-2013

Ezrun Esc is fine, motor is too small. Carisma motors and the kit LC motor are all good, just watch temps on any micro motor as they all get hot so wise to get heatsink
Old 09-11-2013
Mad Member

I'd go with the Schumacher motor! The kit ESC is good and doesn't need replacing. Ezrun is what everyone runs at the nationals and what all us top 10 would of been running.

Old 09-11-2013

Many thanks guys. Motor ordered from schumacher.
Old 09-11-2013
Mad Member

Let us know how you get on with the car. I'd go with the biggest 19t supplied with the kit. Check out the UK-MicroRC forum for any help.

Old 10-11-2013

Thanks. I noticed the micro forum - lots of good info. Can't wait for the motor to arrive!
Old 18-11-2013

The kit esc is 35a in a 25a case to keep the size of the heatsink low to fit in the car, I am in the process of swapping a 60a into the stock casing esc to fit the 60a in there as I feel the 4 pole motor would benefit the 60 over the 35 in terms of max out put of that stock motor which I am very impressed with, I think lc racing have married the right motor to the car from the off

Si
Old 19-11-2013
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by silone74 View Post
The kit esc is 35a in a 25a case to keep the size of the heatsink low to fit in the car, I am in the process of swapping a 60a into the stock casing esc to fit the 60a in there as I feel the 4 pole motor would benefit the 60 over the 35 in terms of max out put of that stock motor which I am very impressed with, I think lc racing have married the right motor to the car from the off

Si
The kit motor is very good yes! Geared on a 19t for the national series it gives a real smooth bottom end yet still a massive top end. 35a has no issues powering it though, even in A-final national conditions so I wouldn't really worry about feeling like you have to upgrade to the 60a!

Old 03-03-2014

Default EMB-1 ESC question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danosborne6661 View Post
The kit motor is very good yes! Geared on a 19t for the national series it gives a real smooth bottom end yet still a massive top end. 35a has no issues powering it though, even in A-final national conditions so I wouldn't really worry about feeling like you have to upgrade to the 60a!
Just building the EMB-1 kit using LC Racing motor and kit steering servo, and I want to use an Ezrun 35A esc that I already have. It seems there is not quite enough room between the motor and steering servo to mount the esc low down on the chassis, so I have two questions:-

If I mount esc on the top deck, will it run ok without overheating if I remove the cooling fan to reduce overall height (and give me some chance of using the kit bodyshell)?

Is there another bodyshell that would give more clearance above the top deck?
Old 03-03-2014
Mad Member

There is just enough room. If you want to make more, shaving the ears off the servo and sticking it down with some powerful double sided saves you some room It's tight with the ears on the servo, but it will go!

Old 03-03-2014

OK, thanks for such a quick reply.

John R.
Old 04-03-2014

It will run with out issue on the top deck with the fan removed, I run a bigger esc on the top deck and have raised the body mounts to give the extra room needed and it works a treat using m3 composite washers and trimming the tab from the bottom of the mount and longer screws.