Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > Electrics

Old 20-09-2006
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy View Post
yeah, some cool stuff on there. What this TC spec brushless ? what about a buggy-spec one ?

They have everything in that catalog, even that paint I love so much. ;-)

I think that is the next gen of speedo, marketed for the high thermal issues that snoring car racers have.

don't quote me on this, but I am pretty sure thats the one that Sleigh, Tricky and McGoo were using at the Euro.

also, Lipo batts!, 6v regulartors for RX packs, so many cool products
Old 20-09-2006

would i be right in saying the 'Bonded' brushless motors are the stupid high power ones or the same as LRP team guy's have been trying recently?
Old 20-09-2006
Administrator

I think those are the normal ones - apart from being the latest version ?

its the sintered ones that are the more powerful ones- but as you see in the catalog they are not approved for racing by the brca or most of the other racing organisations.
Old 20-09-2006

''its the sintered ones that are the more powerful ones- but as you see in the catalog they are not approved for racing by the brca or most of the other racing organisations'' BY JIMMY

Thats what i wanted to know. After seeing and being lapped by Phil Sleigh running what seems to be a lot of that equipment in a XX4, it is definatly the future!

Think the TC speedo is the way to go with the cooling fans on top in 4wd,
2wd though could use most of that stuff.
Old 20-09-2006
Administrator

I dont think sleigh was running the sintered, just the latest bonded like I used. It was quite literally too fast for me though.
I am running a non competition lrp and an older 3* motor at the moment and it is plenty fast enough, doesnt have quite as good a feel as the latest development stuff but hey..

It does get very very hot though so the fan would definately be a good idea.
Old 20-09-2006

yeah thats what i meant Jim, the bonded stuff.
Old 20-09-2006
Administrator

sorry, yep.
It's nice being able to hammer the brakes and not worry about how much of the comm just vaporised.
Old 20-09-2006

I think i might get one of these new brushless systems when they come out as they look damn good. Which speed controller would you recommend though?

Can you use the TC spec in a buggy, and if so is it BRCA legal? If not would the Sphere competition be the one to get?
Old 20-09-2006
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

there is nothing to control the legalness (is that a word) of speedo's so any speedo is fine.

as long as the brushless motor is on the (wait for it, I'm about to type my favourite word) homologonogation list then its fine too, if its not on the list, you can't run it at BRCA events.

if you want a speedo right now, the Sphere comp is the one, if you can wait (not sure when we will see it in the UK) get the Sphere TC, even for buggy it will be ace, I believe thats what they were running at the Euros.

Bonded rotors is what is legal/normal in the current 'X9' LRP Vector motors, these are fast!
the 'X11' (not out yet) are faster still.
and from when I have felt comparing sintered mag Vs bonded, if they get in the car we are talking backflips at half speed! RC X-Games anyone?
Old 20-09-2006

Do you think the TC would fit in my kyosho lazer zx-5. The only concern would be the space with the fan and the heatsink on top and do you think the fan is removable?
Old 20-09-2006
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

I've got a ZX5 and i've installed both a Novak and a Nosram brushless into it without too much trouble. With the Nosram, I simply popped a fan in front of it blowing across the heatsink, no problem there. With the Novak, I had to mount the speed well into the middle of the chassis so that the height of the fan didn't foul the chassis. Still was ok though. The noram / lrp speedos are quite a bit taller then the Novak unit if you stand them side by side Without a fan on top, so my guess would be that a Nosram / Lrp brushless speedo With a fan mounted on top of the heatsink wouldn't fit.

For the record i much prefer the Novak unit too. Blue (or red !) is Not better

Custom Painted Bodyshells by me ! www.shillyshells.co.uk

http://www.shillyshells.co.uk