Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > R/C Graphy!

Closed Thread

Old 12-09-2006
Administrator

Default Cheeky or what

Whilst scouring the web for images from the Japan pre-worlds race, I came across a Japanese website linking to MY photos from the euros - but on this greek website!

http://www.rcingreece.com/

What a good idea to have a gallery of racing images from around the world... but... They have basically downloaded hundreds of my photos and put them in their own gallery - I wasnt asked, Im not credited or linked-to in any way. Loads of people link to my photos from my website and stuff, but this is the first wholesale ripping of my site that Ive found.
Theres no point me taking photos at all if I dont even get visitors to my site to view them!

If anyone speaks greek can they say, no thanks ? This isn't how you make a website, this is "illegal".

Last edited by jimmy; 12-09-2006 at 01:16 PM.
Old 12-09-2006
Spends too long on oOple ...

I can't even get the site to load....
Old 12-09-2006
Administrator

heres a direct link to their gallery

http://www.rcingreece.com/gallery/

I have no idea if they took any photos at all, I would assume not. Just scoured the web and nicked various photo collections from big races.

here is the japanese site with my photo and their link.. wtf !

http://www.kimihiko-yano.net/weblog/...es/003069.html

I've emailed them anyway, see if they appologise and take them down. I told them they never asked, but hey, I never would let them do that even if they paid me.
Old 12-09-2006
Lion-O - King of the Thundercats

Send a message via MSN to bigred5765 Send a message via Skype™ to bigred5765

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy View Post
Whilst scouring the web for images from the Japan pre-worlds race, I came across a Japanese website linking to MY photos from the euros - but on this greek website!

http://www.rcingreece.com/

What a good idea to have a gallery of racing images from around the world... but... They have basically downloaded hundreds of my photos and put them in their own gallery - I wasnt asked, Im not credited or linked-to in any way. Loads of people link to my photos from my website and stuff, but this is the first wholesale ripping of my site that Ive found.
Theres no point me taking photos at all if I dont even get visitors to my site to view them!

If anyone speaks greek can they say, no thanks ? This isn't how you make a website, this is "illegal".

contact him through his email on his page i would leave a link to this page
Old 12-09-2006
Mad Member

Send a message via AIM to BenG Send a message via MSN to BenG

try

[SIZE="]Αποτελέσματα αναζήτησης για 'no thanks ? This isnt how you make a website, this is "illegal".': Δεν βρέθηκαν λέξεις.

the bit in bold wont translate

[/SIZE]
Old 12-09-2006
Administrator

haha, google translate? I wonder if that will come out something like "the ham sandwich curtails the use of formula images impressive no?"

gotta love that.

The guys name is Nick Nikolakopoulos, he also runs an online shop in greece. I have emailed him at a couple of different addresses. I'm sure he has good intentions, just wholly misjudged and wrong.
Old 12-09-2006
Mad Member

Send a message via AIM to BenG Send a message via MSN to BenG

lol, actually google dont do it, it was some random site, probably a pratical joke site :-D
Old 12-09-2006
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Send a message via MSN to Southwell

I know it's too late now, but can't you put a 'disable' on right click in your gallery? I know you can still get around it but most people wouldn't know how to
Old 12-09-2006
Administrator

nah, to be honest I'm all for people being able to download my photos, people tell me all the time they have their car as their windows background. I think it would just stop people like that.
people who are determined enough to put it on their own site without permission wont be troubled.
Old 12-09-2006
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Send a message via MSN to Southwell

Never thought about that, come to think of it a pic of my car is my wallpaper too!
Old 12-09-2006
BANNED

Maybe you need to watermark the images with your full site address, rather than just the logo? Some text to make it obvious the image is not from the hosting site.

Anyone wanting to crop that bit of image off will have to process each image in turn, making it less attractive than just nicking the image.
SP12/RC10/XLS/JRX-2/XX/XXCR/XXCR-KE/XXX/XXXBK2/CR2/Xpro/B4/XX4/XXX4/X5/X11/DEX410/DEX210/DNX408/8ight/VW Golf GTI MK2/VW Golf TDI Wagon/Ovlov V70 D5/VW Beetle II (registered to Carrie)/Bailey Ranger/(does anyone read this bullshit?)/Creda Tumble2/HotPoint FE800/BOSCH SGS45C02GB/Dyson DC04/new patio doors & windows/freshly painted bannister rail & skirting boards, baby.
Old 12-09-2006
Administrator

The ones he has in there that I saw have just the buggy logo on there, I usually use the oople.com logo now.. but maybe I need to put text on there as well.. I really dislike huge intrusive watermarking but people like to take the mick it seems if you don't do it to protect yourself.
Old 12-09-2006
Lion-O - King of the Thundercats

Send a message via MSN to bigred5765 Send a message via Skype™ to bigred5765

a little edit on your site, to say any use of pictures from this site without prior permission, will be considered copyright theft and dealt with accordingly
Old 12-09-2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southwell View Post
Never thought about that, come to think of it a pic of my car is my wallpaper too!
Sue him Jimmy! oh and the greek dude as well, I see it says 'images downloaded from oople.com' now... that makes it all 'ok' I'm sure.
Old 12-09-2006
Administrator

haha, well spotted.. I see he has received my email(s) asking him to remove them.. Though I'm not sure which part of it was not understood, I told him I was not credited, I didnt mean credit me and its ok!!!! Most of the photos are not mine! they are petitR/C's.

I emailed him from work, so I will see if he replied tomorrow, but theres no way I'm allowing that madness..
Old 12-09-2006
BANNED

Jimmy, post his emal address here and we'll all spam the crap out of him.
SP12/RC10/XLS/JRX-2/XX/XXCR/XXCR-KE/XXX/XXXBK2/CR2/Xpro/B4/XX4/XXX4/X5/X11/DEX410/DEX210/DNX408/8ight/VW Golf GTI MK2/VW Golf TDI Wagon/Ovlov V70 D5/VW Beetle II (registered to Carrie)/Bailey Ranger/(does anyone read this bullshit?)/Creda Tumble2/HotPoint FE800/BOSCH SGS45C02GB/Dyson DC04/new patio doors & windows/freshly painted bannister rail & skirting boards, baby.
Old 12-09-2006
Administrator

haha, I'll see what he says tomorrow.. perchance he doesn't understand english too well, I must say, my greek is fairly poor. Let one person take the mickey and they will all do it. whats to stop someone taking my photos from his site, there is no claim of ownership by him.

What if masami hirosaka sees a nice photo of a BX on that site and wants to use it on his living room wall ? maybe he is desperately trying to find the photographer but can't! I have basically just missed out on a full time job at Yokomo.
Im not happy.

*please note, the above was a work of fiction
Old 12-09-2006
Super Moderator

In the words of someone important round here: ""

G

Last edited by jimmy; 12-09-2006 at 08:27 PM.
Old 12-09-2006
Mad Member

I have been down this road before Jimmy, and there is not a lot you can do, i had my website address across the center of the image but so it is merged in with the back ground (setup with a photoshop action), as people were croping the corner out of the photos.
Old 12-09-2006
Spends too long on oOple ...

I still can't load the site up