Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Atomic Carbon

Old 01-05-2008

Default My Atomized B44

Hi!

I work (part time) as i writer for hobby magazine in Sweden and I am in the mittle of reviewing the Atomized B44. I got my kit a little bit of a week ago and now I finshed the build. The quality is really awesome! All parts fitted really smooth. The only hard thing was to fit all the electronics. It´s really not a lot of room. Since most of you guys in UK use LOSI shocks I decided to do the same. I have all the pistons and springs so it will be easy to fine tune the setup.

The car will also be my choice for the season 2008 and I will run IB4200, Futaba 3PK fitted with Spektrum modules. The stearing servo is a Futaba 9550. When I ran my B44 indoors I used 5 cells and a Novak 4,5R, but I am not sure if that setup have punch enough for outdoor tracks? Maybe I will run 6 cells and a LRP 5,5 X11 with sinterd rotor.

I had my first ride with the car tody. It was on my hometrack wich is a bumpy astro turf track with a lot of bumps and jumps. I was really surprised as the car performed really well without any minor changes on the setup. The setup was basically the box setup from the B44 but with Losi shocks. On the rear I used blue piston, 2 mm limiter and 35 oils and pink springs and on the front is was black piston, no limiter and 35 oil and green springs. I will try the car with better tyres this weekend!

Here is some pics of the car. I will post some more with the body on as soon as I get the body back from my friend who paints all my bodys.

Best regards
/Daniel Tengvall, Stockholm Sweden
Old 01-05-2008

Congratulation daniel T very Nice
ZX5 FS2 SP
RB6

www.mikovic.com Team
GRIFF TOUCH 4 EVER
Old 01-05-2008
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Hi Daniel

That seems like a pretty good setup, it is basically the setup we used on the S4 all last year and was developed on a bumpy astro track and a multisurface astro track over the winter of 06/07.

I would add an internal spring to the front shocks (the ones that you get in a XX4 WE) it makes an AMAZING amount of difference to the stability of the car "on power", it makes it possible to jump on the power where you were only able to feather the throttle in.

Something else we have found is that the B44 prefers a slightly more damped rear end, currently orange piston 30 weight oil, however, if the track is very bumpy and does not have any big jumps then blue piston 35 weight will be better.

Also try long wheelbase if you are on a bumpy track, we have found this to make a big improvement.

I also prefer a red front piston which I find gives the car a little more supple feel as well as a touch more steering.

I have considered 5 cells and a 4.5R but not tried it yet, you might want to consider a smaller rotor in your 5.5 with 6 cells. Might calm down the power a tad, the shaft drive is very responsive when you get it wound up.

Hope that helps
Old 02-05-2008

Send a message via MSN to Thomas P

Looking Sweet Mr Tango..i can assure you that 5 cells and a 4.5r Sintred will give you enough with powa..

/T

My blogg