Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Team C Racing

Old 08-11-2012

Default Which batteries for TR04 Pro?

Does anybody know if regular angled "brick style" hardcase Lipos fit into the battery tray of the TR04 Pro? The manual shows only the "stick pack style" ones with rounded edges.

Cheers
Norbert
Team C TR04 Pro,Kyosho Lazer ZX, Kyosho Optima, Kyosho Optima MID, Kyosho Optima MID Custom, Tamiya Manta Ray, Kyosho Ultima, Ultima Pro and Ultima Pro II, 3 Kyosho Scorpions, Kyosho Beetle, Kyosho Tomahawk, Kyosho Gallop MK2, 2 Tamiya Grasshopper I, Tamiya Buggy Champ, Tamiya Hornet, Tamiya Frog, Tamiya Wild One, Tamiya Fast Attack Vehicle, Ansmann Mad Rat, Tamiya TB-03, 2 Tamiya TT-01, Tamiya TT01R, 2 Tamiya XC's, RC4WD Gelande Landrover, Axial SCX10
Old 08-11-2012
oOple Advertiser

Don't know for certain as I've not seen one myself, but looking at the photo on the team c website the battery tray does look rounded off. Looking at the spec I would go for the T4 v2 instead

--SMD--INSIDE LINE MODELS--PR RACING UK--

My feedback
http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=79696
Old 04-01-2013

Since Santa brought me a TR04 Pro here is the answer to the problem:

I have an old Corally 4200 with a quite low rectangular case, it fits. Unfortunately my 5600 LRP's don't because of the "Sub C bulges".
A new Gens Ace 5000 pack would probably fit but mine has become a bit bulgy and therefore would get in contact with the main drive shaft.
So eventually I found a good use for my Carson round case packs which I originally bought for Tamiya Euro Cup races
Team C TR04 Pro,Kyosho Lazer ZX, Kyosho Optima, Kyosho Optima MID, Kyosho Optima MID Custom, Tamiya Manta Ray, Kyosho Ultima, Ultima Pro and Ultima Pro II, 3 Kyosho Scorpions, Kyosho Beetle, Kyosho Tomahawk, Kyosho Gallop MK2, 2 Tamiya Grasshopper I, Tamiya Buggy Champ, Tamiya Hornet, Tamiya Frog, Tamiya Wild One, Tamiya Fast Attack Vehicle, Ansmann Mad Rat, Tamiya TB-03, 2 Tamiya TT-01, Tamiya TT01R, 2 Tamiya XC's, RC4WD Gelande Landrover, Axial SCX10
Old 05-01-2013

Send a message via MSN to metalmickey0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funracer View Post
Does anybody know if regular angled "brick style" hardcase Lipos fit into the battery tray of the TR04 Pro? The manual shows only the "stick pack style" ones with rounded edges.

Cheers
Norbert
The regular brick packs i got fit perfect with about 5mm clearance for the driveshaft. I got a gold brick pack that is too big but sure it`ll go in something else.
Old 06-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funracer View Post

Cheers
Norbert
The height of the Lipo needs to be 25mm or less to clear the centre driveshaft. Just measure the height of your lipo!