Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > DMS Model Car Club - Watford

Old 02-01-2013
oOple Advertiser

Default DMS MCC - Racing re-starts January 10th

Just a quick note to say that our racing re-starts on Thursday 10th January.

Indoor off road racing for 1/10th buggies, trucks (SC and stadium) and Micro Off Road. 7:45pm until 11pm weekly........

Club and BRCA Memberships will be due on the 10th also, so dont forget to bring yours with you (costs are £25 for club AND BRCA or £15 for club only if you have already joined the BRCA).....

Race fees remain the same for 2013, making us one of the best value clubs around at just £5 for members* and £8 non-members, anyone can race a 2nd class on the night for just £3 extra. 50p from every racers fee into a sweep stake to win cash prizes at the end of the evening.

* Members MUST be pre-booked and bring BRCA card to qualify for members rates, without either, you will be charged £8 as per non member.
X-PARTZ - PHAT BODIES - RACERS EDGE - RM2 - DIRT RACING PRODUCTS - DMS INSERTZ
TKR GRAPHICS - BF MATERIALS - BATAN - DMS PARTZ - TEAM AJ
Tel : (01923) 816636
Old 02-01-2013

About F%c&ing Time, Wife is driving me nuts
Old 07-01-2013

Well I have booked in for my very first DMS race meet this Thursday. Looking forward to it and hope I survive!

Cheers

Gareth
Old 07-01-2013

Darren,

3 of us from Wycombe are coming down to race our micros. I'll try to book us in tomorrow. How many do you need for a grid and do you and John fancy joining us? lol. Also persuade Craig to run his micro instead of the b44!

Also if I call tomorrow would you be able to bring some parts for me? (just shock ends and maybe towers)
Old 07-01-2013
oOple Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutting42 View Post
Well I have booked in for my very first DMS race meet this Thursday. Looking forward to it and hope I survive!

Cheers

Gareth
Excellent Gareth, looking forward to seeing you there....
Old 07-01-2013
oOple Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karting View Post
Darren,

3 of us from Wycombe are coming down to race our micros. I'll try to book us in tomorrow. How many do you need for a grid and do you and John fancy joining us? lol. Also persuade Craig to run his micro instead of the b44!

Also if I call tomorrow would you be able to bring some parts for me? (just shock ends and maybe towers)
NBO worries buddy, juts get them all boooked in ASAP if you can.

John may well run his micro anyway and I will have mine on board too and 4 or more will get them their own heat (or two )

Any bits you need, just shout, I can gladly bring them along on the night for you too...
Old 07-01-2013

Cheers Darren. I'll book myself and mike (guy who I came to shop with who bought carbon chassis) tomorrow. the third is Darren Ridgly but I don't have his pt and brca details. Make John race aswell and bam that's 5 cars

I'll give you a bell about parts on tues or weds
Old 08-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren Boyle View Post
Excellent Gareth, looking forward to seeing you there....
Thanks Darren, Any tips on setup for a B44.1? I have yellow mini pins and the car is as built from instructions.

TIA
Old 08-01-2013
oOple Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutting42 View Post
Thanks Darren, Any tips on setup for a B44.1? I have yellow mini pins and the car is as built from instructions.

TIA
Hi Gareth, thicker oils than normal, I ususally run 37.5wt front with 32.5 wt rear and stiffer srpings than the kit too (blue front and silver rear). You may also want to move the lower shock positions to the outer holes on the wishbones too and make sure your ride height is lower than it would be for outdoors.......

I will take a look at it once it is on the track thursday and let you know if it needs anything else
Old 09-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren Boyle View Post
NBO worries buddy, juts get them all boooked in ASAP if you can.

John may well run his micro anyway and I will have mine on board too and 4 or more will get them their own heat (or two )

Any bits you need, just shout, I can gladly bring them along on the night for you too...
Well there's 7 booked in so we got a grid

Do you run with stock gearing there Darren or do you change it? Also what time should we arrive?
Old 10-01-2013
oOple Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karting View Post
Well there's 7 booked in so we got a grid

Do you run with stock gearing there Darren or do you change it? Also what time should we arrive?

To be honest, more often than not the micros run in the own heat, it is rare nowadays that that we dont get enough....

On a micro the gearing will be apporx the saem at our place as per what you would run at Wycombe

We arrive tonight at 8pm for track build etc, practice as soons as track is ready, first heat at approx 9pm onwards - 3 rounds of qualifying and then finals for all.....