Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Xtreme - VEGA

Old 27-07-2008
BANNED

Default Southport today

I was very impressed with the way the car handled Southport today.

In a couple of spots I was taking the bumps & small jumps a little conservative, but the way I could attack the rest of the track, particularly the high grip sections, more than made up for that.

Bring on Stotfold!
SP12/RC10/XLS/JRX-2/XX/XXCR/XXCR-KE/XXX/XXXBK2/CR2/Xpro/B4/XX4/XXX4/X5/X11/DEX410/DEX210/DNX408/8ight/VW Golf GTI MK2/VW Golf TDI Wagon/Ovlov V70 D5/VW Beetle II (registered to Carrie)/Bailey Ranger/(does anyone read this bullshit?)/Creda Tumble2/HotPoint FE800/BOSCH SGS45C02GB/Dyson DC04/new patio doors & windows/freshly painted bannister rail & skirting boards, baby.
Old 27-07-2008
Mad Member

Send a message via MSN to mattym0310

great Stu! Glad the car went alright... how did everybody else do?

Team Associated b4
Team Associated b44
Old 27-07-2008
BANNED

Not sure on results, I'm sure posts will follow.

I was happy with my final, I think G was is the 'E'.

Nathan was in a high final - not an 'A' like EPR though (thanks for the rocker job!).

SP12/RC10/XLS/JRX-2/XX/XXCR/XXCR-KE/XXX/XXXBK2/CR2/Xpro/B4/XX4/XXX4/X5/X11/DEX410/DEX210/DNX408/8ight/VW Golf GTI MK2/VW Golf TDI Wagon/Ovlov V70 D5/VW Beetle II (registered to Carrie)/Bailey Ranger/(does anyone read this bullshit?)/Creda Tumble2/HotPoint FE800/BOSCH SGS45C02GB/Dyson DC04/new patio doors & windows/freshly painted bannister rail & skirting boards, baby.
Old 27-07-2008
Banned

yeah stu is correct nathan did very well qualified b4,
at this very tired point i cant remember where he finished,
i got my 2nd best result off the nats season only beaten at epr where i was running the pred for the 1st time,
bring on stotfold

trekkker
Old 27-07-2008
Woop Woop Member

finished b5 after getting a little over ambitious on the last lap when in a comfy b3 but thats racing. was an awsome weekend and by far my best southport result so far thanks to a very safe car when others were finding the grip hard work. roll on stotfold

woop woop racing officialy keeping team toe out inline
Old 28-07-2008
oOple Tattoo Dancer!

at the start of the day { round 1 } i had my highest round score at any national so was hoping to go ok but i just got worse all day and endded up in K final which i got a good start to getting into the lead before end of the first lap but i got wiped out and ended up last which i tried to hard after this so only made a couple of places up so hopfully better luck at stotfold
Old 28-07-2008
Mad Member

My first National weekend of the year and the first for 15years!

I must say a big thank you to Nathan, for giving me the info on the pred..

Sat, couldnt get my B4 right at all, but for round 4 seemed much better after quite a few changes... so was looking forward to the final, all be it a low one... got tapped before the double jump on the back wheel, camber link ball end popped of, but a marshall got it back on..took a while, so got going again and the car felt good.. so i have a good starting pointing for my next meet..

4WD after last weeknds troubles, i was unsure how the pred would go.. Nathan came to see me late sat, had a look at the car and gave me a few pointers... did as he suggested... this has transformed my car!! it feels awesome.. I to was in the K qualified 2 and finished 1st! Considering this is the 2nd time out for the car and my first big meeting in 15 years.. i was well chuffed the car is spot on.. i now need to get more hours under my belt and practice to get back up to speed and find the limits etc to the car..

What a transformation!

So thanks must go to Lewis for the ball ends and Nathan and Stuart for tips on the car set up... and Shane for the quick hellos..what happend to you in the final?

Next venture out for the pred is the regional at Bury next Sunday..anyone else?

Cheers

Nick
Old 28-07-2008
Mad Member

im glad it went alright for you in the end Nick.
Welldone to you all!

Team Associated b4
Team Associated b44
Old 28-07-2008
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattym0310 View Post
im glad it went alright for you in the end Nick.
Welldone to you all!
Thank you...

Busy few days for me now... doing my direct access (full motorbike licience) wish me luck!

Cheers

Nick
Old 28-07-2008
Super Moderator

I made the D main, qualified 8th finished 5th.
Happy with that considering the day I had, my two rounds that counted I needed marshalling from being on my lid 3 times!!!! Oh well, the 'what ifs' can go on for ever, but the car was rancid fast!

G
Old 28-07-2008
Mad Member

Send a message via MSN to Tom3012

Sounds like all you guys did really well, congrats! i hope to join you all next year! maybe not in your finals but maybe the Z final!

Nick, glad you got your car running well and also glad you have seen what its capable of, good times! Ill be doin the Regional next week! see you there!

Tom

Atomic Carbon S2, S44, Vega B4.1

Trader feedback: http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19374
Old 28-07-2008
Woop Woop Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by njc11 View Post
My first National weekend of the year and the first for 15years!

I must say a big thank you to Nathan, for giving me the info on the pred..

4WD after last weeknds troubles, i was unsure how the pred would go.. Nathan came to see me late sat, had a look at the car and gave me a few pointers... did as he suggested... this has transformed my car!! it feels awesome.. I to was in the K qualified 2 and finished 1st! Considering this is the 2nd time out for the car and my first big meeting in 15 years.. i was well chuffed the car is spot on.. i now need to get more hours under my belt and practice to get back up to speed and find the limits etc to the car..

What a transformation!

So thanks must go to Lewis for the ball ends and Nathan and Stuart for tips on the car set up... and Shane for the quick hellos..what happend to you in the final?

Next venture out for the pred is the regional at Bury next Sunday..anyone else?

Cheers

Nick

nice to see the turn around in the car so quick for you. watched shane and your final (was the noisy one cheering you on ). unlucky to shane on getting taken out totally especially when it was for the lead but thats racing at times m8 but well done to nic on the win. you drove really well m8 and the car looked safe and easy to drive for you. are you going to do stotfold as well ????

woop woop racing officialy keeping team toe out inline
Old 28-07-2008
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by niggs98 View Post
nice to see the turn around in the car so quick for you. watched shane and your final (was the noisy one cheering you on ). unlucky to shane on getting taken out totally especially when it was for the lead but thats racing at times m8 but well done to nic on the win. you drove really well m8 and the car looked safe and easy to drive for you. are you going to do stotfold as well ????
Yep, i'll be at Stotfold..

Im off this week.. bike test weds am... then if the weather is still good i'll be heading to Bury late morning to keep testing the car out and get back to a decent pace.. ive got the lines right etc just need to be quicker.. practice, practice, practice now... Im going to sort some more spares out later on..

Nathan, cheers again for the set up tips... oh & how fast was your pred!! Ballastic! ( i stayed on a 10.30 ratio 72/17, i think..)

Cheers

Nick
Old 30-07-2008
Mad Member

Well i passed my Bike test!!

How chuffed i am... i wouldnt have got a new test day if i failed for quite a while apparently which would have meant taking the whole new test format due to start sept!! pheww!!

Cheers

Nick
Old 30-07-2008

Hi Guys,

Sorry for the delay in posting our SouthPort race report, we have been busy bee's. Got home 2 in the morning, tiring day after driving to Scotland and back. I will put it on here v.soon!

All in All the meeting did go well for Team Xtreme and we are looking forward to Stotfold. Might even bring 2 of my Huskies what do you reckom?

Yanina x

http://www.teamxtreme.co.uk
Old 30-07-2008
Smirnoff Ice dancer

Send a message via MSN to ben

Hi yanina.

I didnt get to see your dog you brought with you Bring them all to Stotfold haha

ben
Old 30-07-2008
Mad Member

welldone nick!

Yanina, will you an Lewis be at the Juniors?

cheers

Team Associated b4
Team Associated b44
Old 30-07-2008
oOple Tattoo Dancer!

i no me and niggs are gonna be there
Old 30-07-2008
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben View Post
Hi yanina.

I didnt get to see your dog you brought with you Bring them all to Stotfold haha

ben
It was like a little dog, in a big dogs skin.
Old 30-07-2008
Smirnoff Ice dancer

Send a message via MSN to ben

hahahaha stu. Lion-o told me it was adorable