Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > Multicopters & Flight

Old 16-06-2013
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Default Quad flight videos...

Here is my latest quad flight video, where I try my Naza in Attn mode, and then have a practice in full manual mode (switched in at 2:30) and in and out of that mode afterwards. its manic! going to need to practice in that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-YsLP-rmD4w
10electric | Batley Buggy Club | YORCC | RHR | MB Models
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Old 19-06-2013
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Another video from tonight. Camera is struggling a bit in the sunset.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MuXo-af3mtw

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Old 21-06-2013

A quick video of me trying some flips etc..great fun!..the quad is an armmatan 360 CNC ally quad...almost unbreakable.....1800kv motors..simon K flashed esc's..KK2 board.....I have a spare armattan quad for sale if anyones interested,,same specs..email simonlanc@aol.com
http://youtu.be/s2zP5RBGkZA

Last edited by Col; 21-06-2013 at 01:08 PM.
Old 22-06-2013
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Keychain camera on my 330.

Very, very windy in the local park, with my kids on their bikes. Ended up having to stop flying it as the wind kept taking it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NMw4lNi__x0

Custom Painted Bodyshells by me ! www.shillyshells.co.uk

http://www.shillyshells.co.uk
Old 23-06-2013
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon
A quick video of me trying some flips etc..great fun!..the quad is an armmatan 360 CNC ally quad...almost unbreakable.....1800kv motors..simon K flashed esc's..KK2 board.....
That's awesome Simon. Shows the potential of the KK2 board off well.
Old 23-06-2013
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon View Post
A quick video of me trying some flips etc..great fun!..the quad is an armmatan 360 CNC ally quad...almost unbreakable.....1800kv motors..simon K flashed esc's..KK2 board.....I have a spare armattan quad for sale if anyones interested,,same specs..email simonlanc@aol.com
http://youtu.be/s2zP5RBGkZA

Nice quad,so powerful! How much for the spare? pm me
Old 23-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by neallewis View Post
That's awesome Simon. Shows the potential of the KK2 board off well.
Thanks...yes the KK2 board is very good..very easy to set up......and the simon K flashed esc's make the quad much more responsive....
Old 23-06-2013
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Thanks...yes the KK2 board is very good..very easy to set up......and the simon K flashed esc's make the quad much more responsive....
Which model of ESC are they? Also, what motor/prop combo?
Old 24-06-2013

Hi,
Esc's are hobbywing Ubec 20 amp,simon K flashed.....motors are RC timer 2822/12...1800KV..with 8.45 props.....
Old 24-06-2013
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Simon.

Looks awesome - question for you.

Are you flying with self level switched on for the KK or not?

I've updated to 1.5 firmware and I can fly it nicely with self level on - if I turn it off it's bloody hard to fly as it does not level up.

Not sure if this is normal - and I just need to learn, or if i've done something wrong. Basically, with self level on I can fly it - without it I can't unless I really, really focus!

Can you fly it aggressively and do flips and stuff with self level on - or does it all need to be off in order to do flips?

Cheers.

Andy

Old 24-06-2013

Hi,
Yes im flying with self level off...you cant do flips etc with self level on......I have only been flying since xmas.....practice with self level on..then switch it off..its a bit hard at first but you'll be surprised how easy it gets......you might need to turn your stick scaling down,,this makes it less sensitive....
Old 25-06-2013
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Hi,
Yes im flying with self level off...you cant do flips etc with self level on......I have only been flying since xmas.....practice with self level on..then switch it off..its a bit hard at first but you'll be surprised how easy it gets......you might need to turn your stick scaling down,,this makes it less sensitive....
I get into a mess pretty quickly flying my DJI Naza in manual mode.
is stick scaling like adding an exponential curve to the stick? or setting a dual rate?
Old 25-06-2013
Awesome Admin

Send a message via AIM to Col

Quote:
Originally Posted by neallewis View Post
I get into a mess pretty quickly flying my DJI Naza in manual mode.
is stick scaling like adding an exponential curve to the stick? or setting a dual rate?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Col View Post
All settings on my 9x are stock, with stick scaling at 40 on the kk2 (I believe this means 40% of maximum transmitted signal is transferred into movement)
From t'other thread. I haven't been any higher than my 40 (although throttle is at 90 - I think stock is 75) but I'm led to believe that flips are possible from about 80 upwards in acro mode.
There is a 1000+ page thread (http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1675613) on the kk2 over on rcgroups.com, and yes, I have read it all... took a very, very, very long time!
Old 26-06-2013
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Flights from 2013-06-25. Was messing with basic and attitude gains tonight.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5gRqFJ-JlxI

10:10 duck!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o7Om8lBcDYs

Some nice low passes in this, from 03:00.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W295jMvNXgo

Crash in the last video, watch from 03:58.
Old 09-07-2013
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Video of my flying in the park. I tried to film the Quad from my camera on a tripod - but it kept going out of shot! I dropped in the on-board footage from the keychain on the Quad too

link to vimeo movie - https://vimeo.com/69997608

Old 09-07-2013
Awesome Admin

vid not working
Old 10-07-2013
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Works perfectly for me. Andy that's ace! Mental fast and manoeuvrable, And i know you are only touching the throttle. Not how the naza flys on GPS or ATTI modes. In manual its mental, but doesn't autolevel, so your skills need to be up there to keep it in the air. Also, with my DJI motors, you need to be running 4S to get the sort of speeds you are seeing on yours.
Old 10-07-2013
Awesome Admin

working for me too now.

Nice flying area.
Looks very well set up. Just out of intertest... what sort of P and I gains are you running with that wierdo speedo of yours?
Old 10-07-2013
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Col.

KK setup is as follows:

P Gain 60 (I could go higher but it's responsive at this with no oscillations)
P Limit 100
I Gain 5
I Limit 20

on the rudders it's

P Gain 60
P limit 20
I Gain 20
I Limit 10

Self Level is set at:

P Gain 40 (this is I believe how much the board wants to level the quad - higher values make it right itself quicker - but I set it lower as I want to dial out some of the self level. At 40, the Quad levels very progressively)

P Limit 70 (this I believe is how much Input you have against the self level wanting to work, low values make the Quad very stable, but less agile. I've found 70 allows me to get is sidewards is I want to )

Height Dampening I have set at 5.
This is a bit hight, but it means after a fast low sweep across the ground, when I yaw and rudder to turn / fly a big arc, the Quad want to go up rather then turn into the floor, I have to sometimes fight against this, but I figure it's safer having the Quad want to climb when Yawing, rather than falling as it would with it set at 0

Old 10-07-2013

here's video of my spidex with brushless gimbal

and video footage from my TBS Discovery

Custom Shell Airbrushing - Outlaw Graphics

Last edited by Col; 10-07-2013 at 08:20 PM.