Default xrs might be getting one :D

hi guys might be getting a xrs

whats spares do i need?
what upgrades do i need?
can you fit them with lipos ?

westw00d
Old 17-08-2008
oOple Tattoo Dancer!

the x10 1way shaft is good aswell as the x11 spur gear u could go the whole hog and fit the new x11 front gearbox top and x brace
Old 17-08-2008

I ran an XRS during last winter, it was my first competition car as i had never raced before.
I would say to Get some spare wishbones, spur gears, front hubs and a front diff case or 2.

I would also look to upgrading to an x11 front steering setup and front suspension linkage set. And get some threadlock on most of the nuts and bolts, they come undone with alarming regularity !! You will need to be checking all the screws after every race to make sure they dont come undone.
The car was fun and fast and looked awesome but the reliability just wasn't there for me. Ive still got a shed load of bits here, i only raced it once a week on a wednesday but i was always back at Xtreme RC on the monday buying more bits to repair it!
I upgraded to the X10 mid season and to be honest that did the same thing and broke in the same places although it felt nicer to drive. I now run a B44 and so far its been 100% reliable, nothing broken or come undone.............if i was you i'd save the money and get the X11!!! it's a much better car and soooo much more reliable and by the time you have upgraded the XRS you will be at the cost of the X11 anyway !!

I belive you can fit Lipo to all the pred range with a tiny bit of modding
Old 17-08-2008
oOple Tattoo Dancer!

that would be the better option GETTING a x11 but u could upgrade as for lipos team no idea is right small mods will need doing to fit them
Old 17-08-2008

I run a x10 with trackpower lipos, you will find that you have to move you cells back by 5mm. And you needed to have you servo standing up, but lewis did mine at team xtreme and only cost £90 with saturday delivery and raced it on the sunday. But my cells don't move and doesn't upset the handling.
Old 17-08-2008
Mad Member

Send a message via MSN to Tom3012

As said, if you can, save for a bit longer and buy an X11.

If you buy the xrs you will end up spending more money on that making it close to an X11 spec car.

Team no idea ... the screws will come undone if you dont thread lock them in... its metal to metal on some parts of the car .

If you were to buy the xrs... you would need to buy a few things, first the big bore shocks are a must have item, then you may want to consider the X11 steering pack and the X11 X-brace, it will all add up so buying an X11 is the better option, plus thats what all the team drivers running so set ups and advice are much more accessible...

Hope this helps!

Tom

PS.. track power 3200 lipo's will fit with some small modification, i dont think the 4800 will though as its too tall, i could be wrong though!

Atomic Carbon S2, S44, Vega B4.1

Trader feedback: http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19374
Old 17-08-2008

Forgot to say the trackpowers are 3200
Old 17-08-2008

I having been running a xrs indoors and a p8/x10/x11 hybrid outdoors for a whole season and i have only broke two ball joints and stripped the plastic pinion gear in the hybrid.
I know people say that any car before the x11 was brittle but i have found if you spend the time building them and getting everything set up then they stay in a good state and last.

I have heard alot in regards to the big bore shocks but i have been told by a team driver only to put them on the back. Anyone got any comment on this?
Old 18-08-2008
Mad Member

Send a message via MSN to Tom3012

all round is what most of the team use

Atomic Carbon S2, S44, Vega B4.1

Trader feedback: http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19374