Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > BRCA Nationals & Regionals > South West

Old 06-11-2013

Default BRCA Regional Rep South West

Well after 25 years of a great job David Rowcliffe felt it was time to step down as regional rep and well done to him for doing this role for 25 years

So at the TRCCC agm last friday it was voted in that myself Martin Owen would take over from David and see if I can last 25 years!.

Just a brief bit about myself I have been involved in RC racing on and off for about 28 years I was lucky to have been brought up racing in Southern California with some of the best just a shame I was to young to appreciate it. In about 2000 I started racing again in this country after moving back from the US and joined Tiverton Radio Control Car club where I became a committee member of the club which moved onto vice chairman and then Chairman where I was involved in hosting the 2002 1/10 off road Euros which was a great success and was a great thing to be part of. I unfortunately took a few years of racing about 10 to be exact to do grown up things like get married and produce another RC car racer!! Upon my return I have found that this hobby has grown in the South West over the last few years with the Worm venue in WSM and a growing winter series down in Torquay and still the great summer series of TRCCC and we had a great turn out for the regional this year that I had experience first hand of running these events.

So going forward in my new role I would like to hold a Regional AGM meeting sometime in the New Year and would like to invite 2 members from all the local clubs that are interested in holding a regional next year and please feel free to inbox me any ideas that you would like to see going forward this year at our regional events I can't promise your ideas will happen but would like to get some feedback but please inbox this to me.

Hope to see you all soon at our local race meetings

Martin