Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Team C Racing

Old 18-12-2013

Default SMD News ---Absima / Team C. WTF

Very sad day for Team C in the UK, are they stupid or what??

This is a BIG mistake, however the sales figures will speak for themselves, I know 5 people who were waiting for a TM4 but after this news they all said, me included "they won’t bother". There is massive support for SMD and lots of loyal customers. I think Absima needs a wake up call
Old 19-12-2013

Default Absima / Team C

wow what a shock to here the news that absima/team c will no longer be distributed by smd.
what are you thinking of, oh i know let smd do all the hard work of bring in and promoting a new and upcoming brand to the rc market place and then when it becomes popular kick the distributer in the teeth just before christmas what ass holes you are.
i bet there are alot of rc racers out they with itchy backs dont worry lads and lasses thats just the knife that team c has put there.
i here that muzzie, buy a tm4 now you must be joking

anyway had my rant the end

smd i hope the new year brings better luck
Old 19-12-2013

Its the guys at SMD that i feel sorry for, 7 days before christmas FFS!!!!, what shite timing. Totally agree that SMD and its good bunch of dedicated drivers have worked hard too make an unknown brand a household name, the TM2 has got too be the car of 2013 because it came from nothing and has achieved a remarkable reputation in such a short time. Also the TM4 was a development done by an SMD driver, how must he feel to have the rug pulled out from under him? Well heres to the future.................... and cant wait and see what delights Jamie bring to the table from the Nuremburg toyshow in January. Hope its a good one

Merry Christmas Absima, hope Santa sees that you have been very naughty and all of your dreams get shattered. LOL
Old 19-12-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaz1318 View Post
wow what a shock to here the news that absima/team c will no longer be distributed by smd.
what are you thinking of, oh i know let smd do all the hard work of bring in and promoting a new and upcoming brand to the rc market place and then when it becomes popular kick the distributer in the teeth just before christmas what ass holes you are.
i bet there are alot of rc racers out they with itchy backs dont worry lads and lasses thats just the knife that team c has put there.
i here that muzzie, buy a tm4 now you must be joking

anyway had my rant the end

smd i hope the new year brings better luck
No TM4 for me now , just watch the TM2 fly up on ebay. SMD was Team C in the UK and what ever Absima think its going to do to support the UK market forget it. They should have taken SMD on as development partners not treated them like crap. For me this is all about £££ and Absima being greedy - penny wise pound foolish . I've posted on the Team C forum please let your feeling known.
Old 19-12-2013

Nice one muzzy, could you put the link up on here so we can all show how disgusted we are over this and how SMD have been treated?
Old 19-12-2013

Get on it like a car bonnet

http://forum.teamcracing.net/forum.p...page=2#pid9412
Old 19-12-2013

I have posted my disgust on oople else where but I was seriously debating dropping the brand but after having a talk with some friends I will carry on with the tm2 as I have 2 of them so spares are not a problem at the moment and tbh there is not much of a alternative that's as competitive as the tm2 IMHO and have put some seriously hard earned cash into the brand but that's down to john in which I had no regrets in doing so. It will grate on me to Be indirectly giving absima my money for any other spares I may need but the car is so good and I carnt really see what the alternative is.
Old 19-12-2013
Spends too long on oOple ...

Send a message via MSN to mark christopher

Quote:
Originally Posted by deano43 View Post
I have posted my disgust on oople else where but I was seriously debating dropping the brand but after having a talk with some friends I will carry on with the tm2 as I have 2 of them so spares are not a problem at the moment and tbh there is not much of a alternative that's as competitive as the tm2 IMHO and have put some seriously hard earned cash into the brand but that's down to john in which I had no regrets in doing so. It will grate on me to Be indirectly giving absima my money for any other spares I may need but the car is so good and I carnt really see what the alternative is.
Schumacher KF
Old 19-12-2013

Sorry mark I have seen one in action and it's not finished a race yet keeps breaking and still not on the pace of tm2 and everyone who has brought a tm2 has improved there results almost straight away the only real alternative is a db2 but it's way way too expensive I also look at Kev lee since he has been driving a tm2 he's done really well against some stiff competition.
Old 19-12-2013
Mad Member

Kev was doing pretty well beforehand!

The KF is awesome, having seen it in action at silverstone it is certainly on par with the TM2, although some parts do seem to be a little fragile.
Old 19-12-2013
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by x313 View Post
Kev was doing pretty well beforehand!

The KF is awesome, having seen it in action at silverstone it is certainly on par with the TM2, although some parts do seem to be a little fragile.
Pace wise.. Ask anyone that was at silverstone on Tuesday and witnessed Mr Bloomfield.. Incredible..
Old 19-12-2013

To be fair Darren Bloomfield can make any car look good I didn't rate the losi 22 having had one myself but i watched him @ the broxtowe national and he made it look awesome, the tm2 is a strong car and on high grip surfaces which I race on mostly it really a great car it's such a shame the way absima have treated Smd after all there hard work but the share pace of a tm2 is just so good I will have to keep them.
Old 19-12-2013
Mad Member

True but this was insane..

You said it wasn't on the pace of the TM2, but it most definitely is! At least on high grip.
Old 19-12-2013

That why I don't buy team c TM2.. it has happened in past, it will again in the future, and they asking £225 for a TM2 kit which is bit too strong money for me.

It uses same front end as cheaper model from ansmann/team c, and used rear end from other ansmann/team c model.... bit too strong money for me but I would love one though!
Old 19-12-2013
Spends too long on oOple ...

Send a message via MSN to mark christopher

Quote:
Originally Posted by deano43 View Post
Sorry mark I have seen one in action and it's not finished a race yet keeps breaking and still not on the pace of tm2 and everyone who has brought a tm2 has improved there results almost straight away the only real alternative is a db2 but it's way way too expensive I also look at Kev lee since he has been driving a tm2 he's done really well against some stiff competition.
Quote:
Originally Posted by x313 View Post
Pace wise.. Ask anyone that was at silverstone on Tuesday and witnessed Mr Bloomfield.. Incredible..
seen loads on its first weekend at worksop indoors day after Silverstone and it looked very good in there.

more to the point tho is smd changed my perception of teamc from a cheap toy to a racer, I carnt help thinking the brand will go backwards without the support of such a company.
Old 19-12-2013

thanks for the info mark on thr kf but i take nothing really from the top guys at our hobby as they could proberly do well with most cars there given and only mentioned kev lee because since he has been running a tm2 his name seems to be mentioned more than it has been as of late so it seems he is enjoying his new ride but i tend to look at good to medium club racer were they get a new car and either crash and burn or it takes a while until they get to grips with there new car or they suddenly are up there in the A or B finals having previously not managed to do this, and they also are making A&B finals most weeks which tells me that the car their driving is pretty good straight out of the box. i have not seen this yet at club level with the kf but that dosent mean it wont happen and they seem a little fragile front end where as my tm2 goes really well and dont break hardly at all (2 wishbones front & 2 wheel axels in 10 months ) and i have been told they are setting up a distributon base in the uk but that i am sure will come to light in january wether its true or not.But it still leaves a bad taste in my mouth the way they seemed to have used smd but as i am not prepared to risk any more cash on a car that may or may not be as good the tm2 as to stay.
Old 20-12-2013

I had a go with a KF on wednesday night, and too be fair it may be the way i go, the car felt good with plenty of grip, jumps better than a tm2 imho, i think with a little work i could get one on pace with my TM2. Watch this space
Old 20-12-2013

The new K1 aero 4wd looks nice too
Old 20-12-2013

Isn't this pretty much what they did to the ansmann racing division a little over a year ago? If it is then no one should be surprised.
Old 24-12-2013

Where dith you all get your teamc stuff now.
At a uk shop.?
Or at smd direckt ?
At a shop .oke than nothing change for you.
At smd .are you sponsord by smd/teamc. If you want noting changes.
At smd but you pay the full price . You wil get your stuff at a other shop now!
Al is changing is that smd is no longer importer of teamc as i think.
Was smd only betting on teamc in this risky buisnes and times?
Seems not so smart .
Why people lose there job over one missing brand. Dont they have more brands.?
And they stil can sel teamc i think but not as a wholesale to other shops but only
As a shop to customers?
I dont know the al about it only wat i reed on forums and so.
So dont shoot me if i ame totaly off.
But it is alway sad if you lose your job at all times.!
Greets marcel