Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Xtreme - VEGA

Old 01-02-2009
BANNED

Default EBOR team

Big well done to the EBOR24 team members, and big thanks to Lewis, Nathan & Graham for making the long trip up from the South.

Special thanks to Lewis, without the direct support of a 'Factory Car' it would not have been possible.

There will be an oOple report on the event coming up, be warned as it may not be pretty!
SP12/RC10/XLS/JRX-2/XX/XXCR/XXCR-KE/XXX/XXXBK2/CR2/Xpro/B4/XX4/XXX4/X5/X11/DEX410/DEX210/DNX408/8ight/VW Golf GTI MK2/VW Golf TDI Wagon/Ovlov V70 D5/VW Beetle II (registered to Carrie)/Bailey Ranger/(does anyone read this bullshit?)/Creda Tumble2/HotPoint FE800/BOSCH SGS45C02GB/Dyson DC04/new patio doors & windows/freshly painted bannister rail & skirting boards, baby.

Last edited by Stu; 01-02-2009 at 06:39 PM.
Old 01-02-2009
Mad Member

Send a message via MSN to Garry Driffill

Well done lads, Car looked rather good for the amount of time i spent there
Old 01-02-2009

Yeah, big thanks to the Extreme Team. The car was well sorted and great fun to drive, even at 3.00am.
Old 01-02-2009
Woop Woop Member

was an awsome display for us and id like to thank lewis for the car, tekin for the motor and speedo and track power for the lipos, all performed faultlessly dispite our best efforts to kill them all. as a team the result wasnt important (although a win would of been nice) it was more to prove to the doubters that the pred is now reliable in all hands. we had a great team there with a variaty of experience and talent from F1 to F4 who all abused the car in there own way for the full time, and what did we break or change ?????

1 rear upper rear wishbone (well done sammy the seal)
1 ball joint (with assistence from jimmy the super marshall)
3 pairs of rear bud caps (changed as a preventative measure)
12 sets of tyres
4 packs of track powers (only changed when flat)

after inspection, to get the car back to a normal raceable condition

2 diff rebuild kits
pack of bud caps
change the shock oil (well it did do the full 24 hours )
screw check

wonder what every one else went through (mechanical and electrical)

long gone are the days of a pred struggling to last a 5 min run

woop woop racing officialy keeping team toe out inline
Old 01-02-2009
Administrator

Yeah thanks to Xtreme for putting up with the likes of us - I've put a little thanks on the report of course and nicked stu's photo, thanks stu!!!!!
Old 01-02-2009
Mad Member

Like you have pointed out Nath about people's doubts on the stregnth and relyabilty of the Predator, This has now shown that the car IS strong and DOESNT break easy and can last a full 24 hours of hammering !

Am i right in beleiving that it didnt have any modifacations on it? - Just basically as it comes in the kit?
Old 02-02-2009
Mad Member

Send a message via MSN to mattym0310

Yeah as everyone else has said, massive thanks to Lewis for the car and electrics and his support over the 24hours. Really enjoyed the meeting.

Yeah Garry, it was a standard x11-08. The only modification being so it could take a lipo stick pack.

Team Associated b4
Team Associated b44
Old 02-02-2009
Woop Woop Member

as matty said it was a kit predator x11-08 built for the event by lewis himself. the minor mods were to bring it in line with the current team car ie; stick pack instead of saddle moved front pushrod on the wishbone, steering swapped to the opposite side to allow for the stick conversion and extra rear droop which went back to kit for the event. obviously all screws into alloy were locktighted but then i do that to my car anyway

i did a screw check at 14 hours and the 2 top front ball joint screws were 1/2 a turn loose, other than that everything was good. the 2 breakages that we did sustain were less than most teams and were both a result of night shift driver error in the early hours of the morning (nowt we can do about that lol)

Old 02-02-2009
Mad Member

What effect does the pushrod movement have? do you have to alter the rockers as well or run harder springs?
Old 02-02-2009
Mad Member

Wow.. didn't realise the xTreme team was so big.

Did everyone on there get a run?
Old 02-02-2009
oOple Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by samd View Post
What effect does the pushrod movement have? do you have to alter the rockers as well or run harder springs?
Basically it will give you more turn in.

Its makes the front suspension feel more sprung (which might be opposite to what you'd think). I think this is because the pushrod maintains a more effective angle to the rocker (stays more perpendicular) through its travel. The idea of this was to get the car to work better on the really low grip tracks, but it seem to work well on any surface we've tried it on so far.
Old 02-02-2009
Mad Member

Does it have any excess force on the rocker pivots Kev?

When i first ran my X11 i had the push rods long to gain more front end droop which caused the pivots to break under pressure after a big jump, But it was with the old none big bore shocks..
Old 02-02-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by _sleigh_ View Post
Wow.. didn't realise the xTreme team was so big.

Did everyone on there get a run?
Yeah, we all got 2 runs each, doing hour long stints.

It was great to be back driving again, I've been away too long, and the track yesterday was ace. The 3am graveyard shift was lots of fun rallying the Pred round the track.
Old 02-02-2009
oOple Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garry Driffill View Post
Does it have any excess force on the rocker pivots Kev?

When i first ran my X11 i had the push rods long to gain more front end droop which caused the pivots to break under pressure after a big jump, But it was with the old none big bore shocks..
No, its fine, you need to use a shorter rod and as long as its setup so that the chassis can bottom out it makes no different where it is. I've been using it for weeks without a problem.
Old 02-02-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Send a message via MSN to blitzboy

will admit my first run was better than my grave yard shift and the pred took all we could give it really well , well done guys , thanks lewis and nathan once again top weekend , just resting my vioce now as i can t speak but really enjoyed it , just goes to show how good the pred really is , plus after chatting with other team i think we had the lowest amount of repairs for the full 24 hours and it was a kit car unlike the brick that was being run by northy and the gang , more reinforcing than a hurricane shelter ,,,, were you guys worried you would break the little cats back , and we just ran kit with some thread lcked screw mmmmmmmm i think team Xtreme have just proven that the pred is back wwwith strength in ever way

Go team Xtreme

http://www.customblitz.co.uk
Email:graham@customblitz.co.uk

Old 02-02-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitzboy View Post
the pred is back wwwith strength in ever way

Go team Xtreme
Something Richard Weatherly was never able to manage
well done lewis!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I would also like to add my thanks to lewis for the drive etc, i really enjoyed myself. The new pred is FUN!!!
the weekend was a great success i feel for extreme anyone who doubts the reliability of the car is just ill informed.I will also confirm that the car was standard exept for the few team mods for lipo and handling(ongoing development of the chassis)YES anybody could buy a car like this and the guys at extreme would happily share the mods. no secret team only parts or one off strenghthening bits on the car.

On a personal note for me is was wicked to see some old friends again and to make some top new ones!!

Extreme i wish you all the best for the future with this massive accomplishment under your belt!
Reedy
DJ KIRKY
Old 02-02-2009
Woop Woop Member

also a massive thanks to all at the york club for putting the event on. any idea as to how much was raised at the event ????

Old 02-02-2009

congrts team xtreme.. bummer for the electrical issues but all in all great job... im sure that event was really fun..
Old 02-02-2009

just like to say a massive thanks to lewis and nathan for a great weekend the car was brillant as always, hopfully the rep of the old is dead now,
long live the x11
Old 02-02-2009
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff jenkins View Post
bummer for the electrical issues ..

The electrics were like car - 100% reliable.

We shorted-out the speedo a couple of times in the pits when rushing a pack change, bit it did not affect it.
SP12/RC10/XLS/JRX-2/XX/XXCR/XXCR-KE/XXX/XXXBK2/CR2/Xpro/B4/XX4/XXX4/X5/X11/DEX410/DEX210/DNX408/8ight/VW Golf GTI MK2/VW Golf TDI Wagon/Ovlov V70 D5/VW Beetle II (registered to Carrie)/Bailey Ranger/(does anyone read this bullshit?)/Creda Tumble2/HotPoint FE800/BOSCH SGS45C02GB/Dyson DC04/new patio doors & windows/freshly painted bannister rail & skirting boards, baby.