Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > Vintage RC

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #2001  
Old 19-10-2011
Ema Ema is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: (Bologna - Italy)
Posts: 350
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by moth898 View Post
Hey Iso, not to sound ungrateful but did you send those blue c hubs to the right address?
For sure he sent them to the right address ...... I received mine .
Sorry for the joke, but it was too funny .

Bye
Ema
P.S. Just joined the Iso's bitches club ...
Reply With Quote
  #2002  
Old 19-10-2011
Welshy40's Avatar
Welshy40 Welshy40 is offline
Spends too long on oOple ...
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Surrey
Posts: 4,624
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ema View Post
Not really cheap, however really nice and it is also possible to choose the color !!!

Ebay items:
- 140622443658
- 140622445755

Bye
Ema
Bit sceptical about the belt tensioner, how the hell does it work and am unsure if its a replacement for the rear top deck mount or something else?

I actually think my design on the L brace is much better and cheaper.
__________________
www.kamtec.co.uk
www.fibre-lyte.co.uk
answer-rc.com/uk/en/
Sworkz UK team driver
Designer of the Lazer ZX/ZXR carbon fibre tub chassis
Designer of the Lazer ZXRS

Team Fabiix Batteries (Yuasa), always in front when using sanyo scrcs.
Reply With Quote
  #2003  
Old 19-10-2011
rondoolaa's Avatar
rondoolaa rondoolaa is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: devon uk
Posts: 953
Default

by looking at the zxr manual and comparing it with the part in auction i'd say its definatly a replacement for the centre upper deck mount, the part that comes in 2 pieces,
Reply With Quote
  #2004  
Old 19-10-2011
oosh123's Avatar
oosh123 oosh123 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 336
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Welshy40 View Post
Bit sceptical about the belt tensioner, how the hell does it work and am unsure if its a replacement for the rear top deck mount or something else?

I actually think my design on the L brace is much better and cheaper.
I believe it is a replacement for the Upper Deck Mount (B) and the Mount Collar (A) in the Lazer ZX manual.

The bearing should be sitting on the top (the left side in the picture is the top)
Reply With Quote
  #2005  
Old 20-10-2011
isobarik's Avatar
isobarik isobarik is offline
Mad Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Sweden
Posts: 1,490
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by oosh123 View Post
I believe it is a replacement for the Upper Deck Mount (B) and the Mount Collar (A) in the Lazer ZX manual.

The bearing should be sitting on the top (the left side in the picture is the top)
That should be an correct description of usage.
Think i have to order that ......damn.........
Wonder of he would be interested in making the reardeck ( la-31 ) mount and the motorplate also ....

mvh Isobarik
Reply With Quote
  #2006  
Old 20-10-2011
Welshy40's Avatar
Welshy40 Welshy40 is offline
Spends too long on oOple ...
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Surrey
Posts: 4,624
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by isobarik View Post
That should be an correct description of usage.
Think i have to order that ......damn.........
Wonder of he would be interested in making the reardeck ( la-31 ) mount and the motorplate also ....

mvh Isobarik
I still am very sceptical as its fixed and doesnt account for belt stretching unlike my L brace design where its better suited and doesnt cost the earth.

Also looks very much like my top deck mount design two piece Manolis made me for my zxs, so maybe be a new supplier of alloy parts which is good.
__________________
www.kamtec.co.uk
www.fibre-lyte.co.uk
answer-rc.com/uk/en/
Sworkz UK team driver
Designer of the Lazer ZX/ZXR carbon fibre tub chassis
Designer of the Lazer ZXRS

Team Fabiix Batteries (Yuasa), always in front when using sanyo scrcs.
Reply With Quote
  #2007  
Old 20-10-2011
oosh123's Avatar
oosh123 oosh123 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 336
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Welshy40 View Post
I still am very sceptical as its fixed and doesnt account for belt stretching unlike my L brace design where its better suited and doesnt cost the earth.

Also looks very much like my top deck mount design two piece Manolis made me for my zxs, so maybe be a new supplier of alloy parts which is good.
I don't think the bearing is fixed. If you looking carefully where the bolt is, you can see lights (in the dark area) are coming thru the part. I would assume there is a slot there, where you can adjust the height of the bearing.

I am all for the L brace design. I also made one myself, but its giving tension from the bottom, not the top.


Welshy, plastic injection is too expensive for the front gear box. I am machining it out of Aluminum 7075.



There will be a think lexan that goes in the groove in the middle to keep dirts out. I am refining the design to make it more manufacturable. I will send you a set to abuse with once I am done.
Reply With Quote
  #2008  
Old 21-10-2011
isobarik's Avatar
isobarik isobarik is offline
Mad Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Sweden
Posts: 1,490
Default

Oosh looking good sign me up for one when youre done.

mvh Isobarik
Reply With Quote
  #2009  
Old 21-10-2011
Welshy40's Avatar
Welshy40 Welshy40 is offline
Spends too long on oOple ...
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Surrey
Posts: 4,624
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by oosh123 View Post
I don't think the bearing is fixed. If you looking carefully where the bolt is, you can see lights (in the dark area) are coming thru the part. I would assume there is a slot there, where you can adjust the height of the bearing.

I am all for the L brace design. I also made one myself, but its giving tension from the bottom, not the top.


Welshy, plastic injection is too expensive for the front gear box. I am machining it out of Aluminum 7075.



There will be a think lexan that goes in the groove in the middle to keep dirts out. I am refining the design to make it more manufacturable. I will send you a set to abuse with once I am done.
Great idea, similar to the zxs design.
__________________
www.kamtec.co.uk
www.fibre-lyte.co.uk
answer-rc.com/uk/en/
Sworkz UK team driver
Designer of the Lazer ZX/ZXR carbon fibre tub chassis
Designer of the Lazer ZXRS

Team Fabiix Batteries (Yuasa), always in front when using sanyo scrcs.
Reply With Quote
  #2010  
Old 21-10-2011
oosh123's Avatar
oosh123 oosh123 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 336
Default

Quotes are in for the kevlar corded polyurethane belts.

$25 USD a set + shipping.

Still interested?

I am asking about the colours now.
Reply With Quote
  #2011  
Old 21-10-2011
Welshy40's Avatar
Welshy40 Welshy40 is offline
Spends too long on oOple ...
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Surrey
Posts: 4,624
Default

Had a word with Fibrelyte and have redesigned the front tower, only fractionally but hope also that they extra hole is back on. When I get it I will fit and send pics.

Ive also redesigned my owbe version top deck as if I am using my L brace belt tensioner and decide more tension the front of the belt hits the back of the front brace on the deck so I have moved the brace more back wards to give more freedom for the belt to move properly.

Finally the new gear box development is starting for the rear end of the car, this will be when finished after testing and developing the only one gear box you will ever need. Its going to be carbon fibre, and is going to be a work of art.
__________________
www.kamtec.co.uk
www.fibre-lyte.co.uk
answer-rc.com/uk/en/
Sworkz UK team driver
Designer of the Lazer ZX/ZXR carbon fibre tub chassis
Designer of the Lazer ZXRS

Team Fabiix Batteries (Yuasa), always in front when using sanyo scrcs.
Reply With Quote
  #2012  
Old 21-10-2011
isobarik's Avatar
isobarik isobarik is offline
Mad Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Sweden
Posts: 1,490
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by oosh123 View Post
Quotes are in for the kevlar corded polyurethane belts.

$25 USD a set + shipping.

Still interested?

I am asking about the colours now.
Interested depending on colour.

mvh Isobarik
Reply With Quote
  #2013  
Old 21-10-2011
oosh123's Avatar
oosh123 oosh123 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 336
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Welshy40 View Post
Had a word with Fibrelyte and have redesigned the front tower, only fractionally but hope also that they extra hole is back on. When I get it I will fit and send pics.

Ive also redesigned my owbe version top deck as if I am using my L brace belt tensioner and decide more tension the front of the belt hits the back of the front brace on the deck so I have moved the brace more back wards to give more freedom for the belt to move properly.

Finally the new gear box development is starting for the rear end of the car, this will be when finished after testing and developing the only one gear box you will ever need. Its going to be carbon fibre, and is going to be a work of art.
Can't wait to see it!

When will it be available?
Reply With Quote
  #2014  
Old 22-10-2011
oosh123's Avatar
oosh123 oosh123 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 336
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by oosh123 View Post
Quotes are in for the kevlar corded polyurethane belts.

$25 USD a set + shipping.

Still interested?

I am asking about the colours now.

Colours are...



Any of the above. Ignore the descriptions.
Reply With Quote
  #2015  
Old 22-10-2011
Welshy40's Avatar
Welshy40 Welshy40 is offline
Spends too long on oOple ...
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Surrey
Posts: 4,624
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by oosh123 View Post
Can't wait to see it!

When will it be available?
First cad drawings are being started now, one we have found the right way then the proto will be built so unsure. My goal is by mid year 2012 to get this done.
__________________
www.kamtec.co.uk
www.fibre-lyte.co.uk
answer-rc.com/uk/en/
Sworkz UK team driver
Designer of the Lazer ZX/ZXR carbon fibre tub chassis
Designer of the Lazer ZXRS

Team Fabiix Batteries (Yuasa), always in front when using sanyo scrcs.
Reply With Quote
  #2016  
Old 22-10-2011
oosh123's Avatar
oosh123 oosh123 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 336
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Welshy40 View Post
First cad drawings are being started now, one we have found the right way then the proto will be built so unsure. My goal is by mid year 2012 to get this done.
If you need any help, I am definitely willing to help. 3D modeling, machining, anything.
Reply With Quote
  #2017  
Old 26-10-2011
isobarik's Avatar
isobarik isobarik is offline
Mad Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Sweden
Posts: 1,490
Default

Just had to buy the blue aluminum mount from pargu should be in my hands soon will post some pics.

mvh Isobarik
Reply With Quote
  #2018  
Old 26-10-2011
rondoolaa's Avatar
rondoolaa rondoolaa is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: devon uk
Posts: 953
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by isobarik View Post
Just had to buy the blue aluminum mount from pargu should be in my hands soon will post some pics.

mvh Isobarik

cant wait to see what you make of it,
Reply With Quote
  #2019  
Old 26-10-2011
isobarik's Avatar
isobarik isobarik is offline
Mad Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Sweden
Posts: 1,490
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rondoolaa View Post
cant wait to see what you make of it,
I will make an pedistal where i can chain my b*****s that owes me money ....

... not really shall put it on the chassi i got from Ema and make another lazer zxr....have already ordered the la-245 shall see if they are a direct fit or....

mvh Isobarik
Reply With Quote
  #2020  
Old 27-10-2011
isobarik's Avatar
isobarik isobarik is offline
Mad Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Sweden
Posts: 1,490
Default

Hi there just incase any one that wants to see my tachy paintjob...



And yes the camera is crap.

And yes i know i dont have that artistic feeling.....

but it was very much appreciated.

And yes i know that the front uj┤s are missing since they have flead to signorio borginio spagetthi...

Switched to sp-107 in the rear and 39655 for steering missing the
la-235 so i cant put on the la-219.7

mvh Isobarik
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 05:31 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
oOple.com