Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > NEAM Seaham Sunderland

Old 30-09-2009
Mad Member

Default Jarrow Club New venue????

After attending last nite alfie said we had only 22 days of the school left before it gets flattened. Now, Does any one know if we have a club after this happens? I just got the feeling people cant talk about it in person so thats y am posing on here? I would like to think that all the hard work every club member wont be wasted and we do have a venue to race at.

If there is a plan running then fair enough but 9/10 people dont know what is happening.

CG

Yokomo - Nemoracing
Sb Designs
http://www.fairfueluk.com/

Last edited by cmgreen; 02-10-2009 at 09:00 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 30-09-2009

Well I think it is inevitable that we will end up not racing for a good few weeks as from what I have been told the new school isn't being to forthcoming with info for us. But I maybe wrong maybe I know jack ....
I don't know of any backup plan ?
Old 30-09-2009

Im watching this with interest, i asked the same question a few weeks ago to see if its worth me buying another car for the winter but got nowhere.........
Jimmi.....
WWW.JAMESPRICEMOTORCYCLES.CO.UK
Old 30-09-2009
Mad Member

9/10 people dont turn up to meetings arranged either!

Just be patient ... AGM or EGM should be happenning soon I believe. More meetings and decisions being made in the next few days.

Can we have an AGM soon please, I nominate Wed 7th October, at a pub with a suitably quiet room!

Jimmi .. your signature is sooooo long Im getting wrulds from scrolling past it.
Old 30-09-2009

Cool, progress....
If everyone knows the craic (ie if we need to find a new suitable hall) everyone can try the places local to their area to find somewhere new.
I know there are a few places in and around my "hood" that could be worth a call........If needed..
As for a meeting, a noisy pub would be just as good, how about "POWERHOUSE" in newcastle that should keep Peter Ellis and Chris Clarke happy
Old 30-09-2009

What's a AGM ?
Old 30-09-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by dayxwalker View Post
What's a AGM ?
AGM means "All Go Mad" everyone goes to a pub and goes mental..........

But really it stands for Annual General Meeting, all club members meet up once a year to argue about things to do with the club, elect de-elect commitee members etc etc.

Jimmi....
Old 30-09-2009

as it stands we have another meeting with carillion next week, hopefully we´ll know how much they want to charge us for the use of the hall.

As I´ve said many times it doesn´t hurt for people to ask around local venues see whats available.

As for 9/10 people not knowing whats going on, there was a meeting with the council a week ago how many people turned up? There has been countless meeting at the school which have been mentioned to people and no one shows up. If you want to know what´s happening turn up to meetings and speak to people.

If members want it may be an idea to have a thread, with names of venues that have been contacted, where they are and the cost. Then the club can decide if we want to move or stay where we are. But only put those details in the thread instead of filling it with mindless crap.

Peter
Old 30-09-2009
Mad Member

First things first, i am only asking a question on here because i when i asked the question last nite it was swept under the floor 'everything will be ok'.

Chris p Quote from other thread.

14th September 4PM
Meeting with South Tyneside Council
In South Shields
All club members welcome to attend, the more the merrier.
Lets have a list of attendees, and some notes on points to discuss.

Ill suggest discussing:
Outdoor track - Gypsies green?
Indoor use of Temple Park for regional?
Funding
Getting youngsters involved and some club cars bought.

Yup ur rite pete, there was a meeting with the council, as shown above, monday afternoon 14 sept, i speak for myself i would have been there but i have to go to work on a monday. There for people cant know wots going on if there at work.

Pete all members are so grateful the time and effort you, ian and Chris p put into the running of jarrow club, without you we would have the best club in the NE!
We aint complaining or trying to cause trouble we just want to know what is happening and are worried our great club is going.

Yokomo - Nemoracing
Sb Designs
http://www.fairfueluk.com/
Old 30-09-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmgreen View Post
Pete all members are so grateful the time and effort you, ian and Chris p put into the running of jarrow club, without you we would have the best club in the NE!
Chris, I am sure that is exactly what you meant to say, it's unfortunately it slipped out like it did

North East Amateur Motorsport
(formerly Jarrow & Oxclose RC Racing)
http://www.neamRC.co.uk

Racing Sundays 6pm-10pm @ Seaham Youth Centre, SR7 8QE

Old 02-10-2009

Well I have just spent £110 on my B4 so I hope we get this sorted !
Old 02-10-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by dayxwalker View Post
Well I have just spent £110 on my B4 so I hope we get this sorted !
X6 kit?
KF
SV2
SVR
www.racing-cars.com
Old 02-10-2009

X6 ? Nope ! LoL

It getting new shell Chrome and Silver alloy bits are as follows - gearbox , wishbones front and rear , front alloy and graphite front end and blue servo mounts and a new gearcover and stainless nortech screw bling kit ! New tyres woop ! I know it will not go any faster but it will look good !
Old 02-10-2009
Mad Member

[quote=chrispattinson;292996]9/10 people dont turn up to meetings arranged either!

quote]

Howay CP. Thats a bit twatfull?

Arranging a meeting at that time of the day isnt going to get many people there is it really?? I work like most of the others. Why not arrange it on a Tuesday night instead of the club then nobody has an excuse?

We all love racing, you know that but the club officials dont speak to anybody. Why not just come clean and let everybody know whats going on. I know people that are ready to start racing again, however they are waiting to hear positive things from the Officials before they buy their cars. If theres no positive news then just say that

This is only car racing, also why should there be secrets or even people deleting threads asking relevant questions. This kind of rubish makes me wonder why i bother caring?

Come on Comittee, give us some news,good or bad, you are all very much appreciated and we would all love to give you cuddles
Xb2 CE
Www.tqmodels.co.uk

See My Feedback
Old 03-10-2009

Send a message via MSN to baD Send a message via Skype™ to baD

Hope this helps.

I have told the guys at NERCR that the JORCR Committee are discussing with Carillion the possibility of continuing racing at Jarrow School and that this is the best bet anyone has of obtaining a financially viable venue.

And I get this information by reading this forum. Peter has just re-confirmed this above.

And to support the JORCR committee guys (who seem to get the same flack as r/c club committee's have had for decades) I'll add that NERCR members have been in contact with absolutely scores of venues from North Tyneside to Teesside and everywhere in between over the last 3 or more years and Jarrow School is certainly the path most likely to lead to a viable venue.

That is, unless someone has an ace up their sleeve but just doesn't know it.

Well done committee, good job so far, hope it works out.
Old 04-10-2009
Mad Member

Re meetings with council, its just that it has to be in office hours for the council.

As for time off work though, I just put a holiday in from work to go.

I always try to give plenty notice of meetings, so people can put holidays in at work, Ill try to get more notice up next time.
Old 04-10-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris68nufc View Post

We all love racing, you know that but the club officials dont speak to anybody. Why not just come clean and let everybody know whats going on. I know people that are ready to start racing again, however they are waiting to hear positive things from the Officials before they buy their cars. If theres no positive news then just say that

This is only car racing, also why should there be secrets or even people deleting threads asking relevant questions. This kind of rubish makes me wonder why i bother caring?

Come on Comittee, give us some news,good or bad, you are all very much appreciated and we would all love to give you cuddles
Why don't you spend your free time phoning sports centres to try and get a new venue, I've spent every day I've been at home for the past 8 weeks trying to find an alternative if we can't get into the new school.

The thread was deleted on my request as it turned into a list of places for someone to phone up, did anybody try contacting any of these places no just list that they were there, (not having a go at anyone in particular)

As for not talking at the club, when was the last time anyone from the committee was there racing???? I know I've only been once since the beginning of the summer holidays, as my family now come first not JORCR as it has been for the past two years.

If anybody would like to join the committee I'm going to try and get a meeting set up in the next couple of weeks to discuss things like this, then all the people twisting can get involved and find out what to do and when, as frankly I have had enough pissing about and not putting my family first.

Peter
Old 04-10-2009
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrispattinson View Post
Re meetings with council, its just that it has to be in office hours for the council.

As for time off work though, I just put a holiday in from work to go.

I always try to give plenty notice of meetings, so people can put holidays in at work, Ill try to get more notice up next time.

I agree chris and would have gone if i handn't been away....
Old 04-10-2009

Default .

I think things have got out of hand with this thread, I have not been for a while as i dont finish till 8 every night. We all want the club to go foward and with the discussion verging on the edge of things its time to take a step back and put things in perspective here. We need to find a new venue the more we talk about it the less will happen. what are peoples opinnions on racing on a sunday and were will people travel too. distace from jarrow north/south of the tunnel. please only usefull posts from this point as i dont start till mid day ill look for some where once we have found out how far people will travel

cheers
jc
Old 04-10-2009

Yep JC is right we need to stick together to work this out ! What's been said or not been said doesn't matter now as long as from now we keep the thread positive
Come on we all love this hobby let's keep it positive