Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > R/C Graphy!

Old 19-01-2006

Send a message via ICQ to ApexSpeed Send a message via AIM to ApexSpeed Send a message via MSN to ApexSpeed Send a message via Yahoo to ApexSpeed Send a message via Skype™ to ApexSpeed
Default New Toy: Nikon D70S

Well, the new camera finally arrived Monday, and I have to say that it is a fantastic camera for the price. I bought a Nikon D70s, and I absolutely love it. Jimmy, I must admit that your galleries were a huge inspiration and influence on my decision to whittle away at my Christmas bonus finally.

I had all of my wisdom teeth removed the other day, so between the drugs and the pain, I have been playing with the new toy. It's just amazing. Having been away from SLRs for longer than I would have liked, it's going to take some time to knock off the rust and remember what everything does. Your tutorial has been a good refresher to get my brain back in focus, if you will.

I have been doing some tests in the last 24 hours, and boy, can this thing do some amazing things. I love the white point balance, especially. Makes shooting indoors without a flash really beautiful to do.I figured I'd post a couple of my first experiments from indoors...

All shots taken indoors, hand-held, no flash, incandescent lighting in the aperture priority mode. There's a lot to be learned with this camera, and I am really looking forward to shooting some action shots at the track. Now to find a telephoto...

BTW, that's my newly built BK2 that I'm getting together for the outdoor off road season.

doug
Old 19-01-2006
Administrator

Nice one!
The d70(s) is an awesome camera, Even though i have the 1dmk2 now i dont think i'll be getting rid of the d70
look forward to seeing some nice action shots
Old 19-01-2006

Send a message via ICQ to ApexSpeed Send a message via AIM to ApexSpeed Send a message via MSN to ApexSpeed Send a message via Yahoo to ApexSpeed Send a message via Skype™ to ApexSpeed

Man, the image tags in this forum are driving me nuts... works in IE (sometimes) and then not at all in FireFox.

Ugh, phpBB... been there, done that. They still don't have it cleaned up very well, do they? At least it's free.
Old 19-01-2006
Administrator

SHHHH youll set rotheram off !!!

i told him id upgrade to vbulletin at 50 users.. im a bit late! hey, ive been busy ! lol
Old 19-01-2006
Administrator

bling car btw!
Old 19-01-2006

Thanks. I'm building my XX4WE today and tomorrow. Might get to paint them both this weekend, too (see avatar).

I ran UBB for years on a couple of my sites, and outgrew the capabilities (and CGI page writing kills your server). I was looking for a new substitue, and phpBB looked nice (FREE is always good), and I tested it on a old school mountain bike forums I built. After 6 months, I hated the interface and admin capabilites so much, I ported the whole forum to vBulletin as well as the rest of my sites. ApexSpeed.com is the largest site I run using vBulletin and it's GREAT software. There is even a porting script that you can get on the Vbulletin forums to take this site, punch a few keys and it will port the whole forum over to the new version of vB. I think it took me a couple of hours and some time to re-configure the look and feel, but it was worth a Saturday afternoon to get away from phpBB. I found out why its free.
Old 19-01-2006
Supah doOpah

Send a message via MSN to PaulRotheram

:P
Old 19-01-2006
Administrator

Lol yes yes paul!!!

hehe..
saw the script before i even installed this, thought id see how this does before upgrading (knowing that i could), but i think its now worth while as it is vastly more powerfull and i fear the reliability of this..
Just need to find the time to do it, no point buying it and letting it sit there doing nothing.. im sure it will take me more than 2 hours to get it looking alright

I dont know much php and the like, this site is a bit of a muddle, i wanted to step up to some CMS stuff but to be honest it does my head in, im designed to make things look pretty not use my brain.. honestly..
Old 19-01-2006

I'm a print & web designer by trade, and not a programmer. If i can figure it out... anyone can.
Old 19-01-2006
Supah doOpah

that car is blinging!!!

where did you get them screws from? im after some blue ones for my xx4 and B4

heres my 2wd, in works for the new season also

all i have left to do is new bumpers and shock towers and the car till be mint!
Old 19-01-2006

Thanks, wait until you see the bodies for these cars. They'll look like the pattern in my avatar. The screw kits are available from http://www.tracksidercproducts.com. They sell purple, red and blue, and unfortunately, nothing else right now. I wanted gold or green or orange or something, but I settled on red. They don't have it listed, but I set up a package for a XX4WE, too so they know what's involved in the kit.That's next...

doug
Old 19-01-2006
Administrator

I dont mind doing this website but i just dont have the time to spend getting back up to speed with the latest stuff.
I did my first site in 1996 in notepad and they have become less and less complex ever since!

I guess doing web design for a living keeps your finger on the pulse and stops you forgetting everything.
I'm a 'puter game artist for a living and never ever go anywhere near print or web stuff at work.

Paul, ive seen screws like that for sale in bulk some place... they are so tasty i want to EAT them !
Old 19-01-2006
Administrator

oh i might have to ask your advice doug when it comes to changing this forum since i want to make it quick and painless as possible.. :roll:
Old 19-01-2006

It's easy...

I either own or Admin:

www.apexspeed.com
www.dirtoval.com (RC)
www.fatcogs.com (old school mountain bikes)

I have too many hobbies...
Old 20-01-2006
Supah doOpah

jimmy, can you show me where some place is, like on multi map or summat
Old 20-01-2006
Administrator

lol, ill ave a look paul, it was some place in the usa though, i think they had pink orange red blue and purple, but only red and blue were in every size...
Old 24-01-2006

New shots of the new XX4we... still working through the ins-and-outs of the new camera, but I love it so far. Even indoors with poor lighting, it shoots awesome stills so far.

Old 24-01-2006
Supah doOpah

very nice wireing, have you cut the wires down? or have you secretly found a solution to hide the wireing loom ?

car looks the shiz too!
Old 24-01-2006

I hate extra wires, so I put a tiny tip in the Hakko and shorten the wires, except on the personal transponder. The trick on this car is that the servo is a short case s9550 Futaba digital that is almost identical to the 9451, but half the case size. There are some wires spiraled under neath the servo.

Most of the time, I take the effor t to make the wires the exact length they need to be.

doug
Old 24-01-2006
Administrator

CHEAT !!!!!
lol
nice install though... you and peter hulme moss (professionalracing) would get on well together!! He does super neat installs like this.

Can you run the cells forward with the tekin or is it too big ?