Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > X-Factory

Old 12-02-2010
Mad Member

Default SCX - 60

OK, we're gonna do it.

Anybody who wants an SCX - 60, E-mail me. chazz@4wdrc.com

You will get a SpeedyDad chassis and a hand-made Delrin rear body mount for $129.00 + slhipping. The chassis, which, as Dad explains above, is hand made by cutting two apart and gluing them together, carries the famous 50-50 guarantee.

Dad has made a number of chassies like this for various X Factory R & D projects. They have been used by Team drivers in every class including 4WD. Only one has ever broken where Dad put it together, but still we give only the 50-50 guarantee, and I want everyone to know that.

You will need to have a running X - 60, all the various SC 10 bumpers, an SC 10 body, and some touring car body mounts.

If you buy an X - 60, we will use the chassis from that and the price will be $109.00 + shipping. (+ the X - 60) Or, you can send us the chassis from your current X - 60. (I wouldn't want to give up my X - 60, and shipping to us will eat up part of the savings, but you can do that if you want.)

You will pay $80.00 or $70.00 in advance (non-refundable), and the whole thing may take a month, but we will do it for any and all who are interested. Understand that SpeedyDad has a full time job and he races or rock crawls most weekends.

Not available from our web site or through any dealer, only by E-mailing me. These will be strictly one at a time as they are ordered. We have a method for safely transmitting your CC info and we will enter it manually. Do NOT send CC info in your first E-mail.

The Family has been asking for this for a long time, so let's do it.

Engineering Without Fear
www.XFactoryRC.com
www.facebook.com/XFactoryRC
Old 12-02-2010

yes please!

1 for me chazz
so i can challenge the traxxas things!!
Old 13-02-2010

Looks like I'm going to be busy.

X-Factory SCX-60 - Keep On Truckin'
Old 13-02-2010
Mad Member

Please oh please don't tell me this was your big news from the other thread! That would be the anticlimax of the century
Old 13-02-2010
Mad Member

OK, I won't tell you this is the big news from the other thread.

It's not.

Engineering Without Fear
www.XFactoryRC.com
www.facebook.com/XFactoryRC
Old 15-02-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

But this is big news, its just other big news!!!

Have you got any sneaky pictures?
Old 15-02-2010
Mad Member

I'm intrigued to know, does anyone actually run in this class for real race positions? If they do then I bet the scx-60 will be good!

But...after the carnage of watching 8-10 sc10's at our club last friday night I'm wondering if performance really matters at all!!!

We stopped marshalling them in the end as it looked tooo dangerous to stand on/near the track with them!

Can't deny the smiles on the drivers faces...but I'd imagine a hand crafted chassis might not be the best competitor in the demolition derby we seem to end up with each week
Racing in South West: http://www.mendiprcraceway.co.uk/
Racing in Wales: www.caldicotrcracers.co.uk
Kept running by: Yokomo via MB Models & www.tracksidespares.co.uk
Shells by Square Crabs
Old 15-02-2010

In the US, over the past few months, the SC class has really stepped it up competition wise. The manufacturers are really pushing the pro guys to run SC at big events. Take for instance the Short Course Championships in Milestone, CA. With only about a week of advertisement, Associated hopped on sponsoring it and in the Modified Short bus mains there was heavy fingered guys such as Steven Hartson, Ryan Cavaleiri, Cliff Lett, Jimmy Babcock all in for some really seriously fun racing. Lets not forget the CRCRC race that had Jesse Robbers annihilate the competition of Steven Hartson and then get followed up by two SCX-60's in the Mod Short bus main. Its really stepped up out here across the pond and taken its spot as a serious racing class.
Old 15-02-2010

In the states, some places take it serious and some don't. Here in Florida it is HUGE! There is a series dedicated to SC racing. There is a stock class where you have to run it like it comes out of the box (changing receiver is OK). This is a good spec class for beginers. Then there is a mod class (10.5 BL limit) where you can run any SC tire/body and aftermarket stuff. Some guys have these cars hooked up! The SCX-60 will be great. I can't wait for mine!
Old 16-02-2010
Mad Member

That sounds pretty serious to me!

Does seem to be a good open class, and we're happy to run pretty much anything anyway...it'll be interesting to see if the guys start fighting for position at our club sometime, rather than the last man standing rules they seem to be running to at the mo

I ran my X6 last weekend after a long spell just running in 4wd, everytime I drive it I love it, great fun, I think this time I really will start running it more regularly...and if the SCX-60 is anything like the X6 I'm sure it'll be great!!!
Racing in South West: http://www.mendiprcraceway.co.uk/
Racing in Wales: www.caldicotrcracers.co.uk
Kept running by: Yokomo via MB Models & www.tracksidespares.co.uk
Shells by Square Crabs
Old 16-02-2010
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue_pinky View Post
I'm intrigued to know, does anyone actually run in this class for real race positions? If they do then I bet the scx-60 will be good!

But...after the carnage of watching 8-10 sc10's at our club last friday night I'm wondering if performance really matters at all!!!

We stopped marshalling them in the end as it looked tooo dangerous to stand on/near the track with them!

Can't deny the smiles on the drivers faces...but I'd imagine a hand crafted chassis might not be the best competitor in the demolition derby we seem to end up with each week
Andy, you seen my try to race with only 3 wheels
Performance really isn't a factor in my eyes, carnage is

Sometimes we race with the SC10's though.. I remember 1 or 2 races being pretty awesome.
It does make a awesome racing class as the whole pack are always pretty close and you can scrub up next to 1 another like you can't in a open wheel class.

Because we run at club level on a Friday night I think everyone is in for a bit of banter

Mendip R/C Raceway - Offroad Racing in South-West
WORM-Racing - GT12 Racing in the South-West
Old 17-02-2010

Just a clarification. It is a Delrin bumper mount, not body mount.

Old 17-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by usafaircrew View Post
I can't wait for mine!
I'm cutting it now