Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > BRCA Nationals & Regionals

Old 14-08-2007

Default BRCA AGM Attendance

Hey guys and girls,

Ok... I understand I am not a BRCA official in any shape or form, but what I am is a racer who is concerned about his sport/hobby as I am sure many of you are too. We all have the right to voice our opinions on matters, potential rule changes, things we are unhappy about, heck, we can even choose who the officials are, but the vast majority of us don't take this opportunity to contribute to the level of success and enjoyment we all have at national and regional events.

As those who attend nationals will be aware, we have a majorly popular section in 1/10 off road, nationals are over subscribed, the level of organisation at these events is great... and yet despite all this, when reading in the latest BRCA circuit chatter, I noticed something which I knew myself as I attended the AGM last year, but when seen in black and white it's pretty shocking and dissapointing. Only 1/12 circuit had a lower turnout of people attend their section AGM in 06. Here are some figures taken from the circuit chatter:

Number of members in attendance per section AGM-
1/10 TC: 69
1/8 RallyX: 53
1/10 IC circuit: 34
1/12 Oval: 24 (!)
1/10 off road: 15

The full list can be found in circuit chatter page 6 so I won't bother copying it all, but it's depressing reading isn't it? I'm proud to be a member of our section, we have a great standard of racing every national, well organised, good tracks. But what that list says is that, people who race 1/12 round an OVAL are more interested in their section success than us!

I've attended the AGM for the past 4 years and yes it can be pretty boring but there is a definite need for more racers to attend, when rule change issues come up, attention turns to the drivers, you don't just have to sit there listening, you can take part in the discussion (it gets heated sometime and gets really entertaining!) and make a difference. Like I say, I know I have no official right to tell you all to come, but I just think that us racers should take more interest in what is happening, plenty of people complain about the rules in public forums but they're never there to support a rule change or make their feelings official. Come along to the AGM next time, heck even if it's just to give me someone extra to talk to, its no fun sitting with all the oldies you know!

If you work, or have commitments, fine, don't force yourself, but if you're free on the date of the next one come along:

Thistley High School,
Stoke on Trent,
Sunday Oct 28th 2007.

Cheers,
Yardy

Last edited by Yardeeee; 14-08-2007 at 09:18 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 14-08-2007
Spends too long on oOple ...

I agree tom i was thinking about this and i intend on going to the AGM this year as i have a few rules and things i want to have my say about.

A

I always thought by 2013 we would have flying cars, but we have got blankets with sleeves!

Old 14-08-2007
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yardeeee View Post
its no fun sitting with all the oldies you know!
Less of the old you...

Totally agree with what Tom has said.... Especially goes out to all those people who have ever proposed a rule and then not bothered to turn up to support their own proposal.
Old 14-08-2007
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashleyb4 View Post
I agree tom i was thinking about this and i intend on going to the AGM this year as i have a few rules and things i want to have my say about.

A

Ash, only rules changes that have been proposed by the deadline date will be discussed at the AGM. It's not a free for all on any rules you don't like.

(I dont know the deadline date off hand as it used to be 6 weeks before the AGM, then it changed I think)
Old 14-08-2007

Im not sure if its actually a rule but i would like to see another heat at nationals.

A

I always thought by 2013 we would have flying cars, but we have got blankets with sleeves!

Old 14-08-2007
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Send a message via MSN to Wraggy

Quote:
Im not sure if its actually a rule but i would like to see another heat at nationals.

A
thats all down to the amount of time in the day ....
to add an extra heat will be an extra 40 min in the day roughly.
Old 14-08-2007

That is one of the down sides. But i think it would help if we had another heat in nationals as there are getting more and more people coming to nationals and at the moment where getting to the stage where there are loads of people coming into nationals but only a few leaving so we need to acomidate these people. Because look at the researve list this year its been over 30 people at some meetings if we where to add another heat we reduce the number of people on researve list and also increase the chances of the people on the researve list getting in. Maybe on the sunday we could ajust it so we have 2 rounds of practice but make them only 3 minutes long. As i find at practise after 5 minutes i find it a bit pointless. I tend to pull the car off after about 4 minutes as it saves my tyres and saves me breaking it.

A

Old 14-08-2007
Mad Member

Practice are already only 3 mins long Ash (well I think they are unless I am still asleep during the morning practice)
Old 14-08-2007
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

the 2 praccy rounds at nationals are not 5 mins each anyway ..
think there only about 2mins 30 anyway ????
Old 14-08-2007

Isnt the first round 5 then the second round 3.

A

Old 14-08-2007
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Isnt the first round 5 then the second round 3.

A
no they are both the same time in each session.
Old 14-08-2007
Mad Member

You must be enjoying yourself so much you are staying on until the next heat
Old 14-08-2007

No ive never done round 1 practise at a national both the ones i got into I wasnt ready as kiddy i was told about 2 minutes before my practise so didnt have time to check frequancies and with oswestry i didnt even have my car lol. Until practise 2.

A

Old 14-08-2007
Mad Member

You weren't happy last year Ash about not getting in the nationals and someone told you to concentrate on getting you F grade up at regionals, how has that gone this year. Evan if you have gone up one grade it makes entry easyer.
Old 14-08-2007
Mad Member

Quote:
That is one of the down sides. But i think it would help if we had another heat in nationals as there are getting more and more people coming to nationals and at the moment where getting to the stage where there are loads of people coming into nationals but only a few leaving so we need to acomidate these people. Because look at the researve list this year its been over 30 people at some meetings if we where to add another heat we reduce the number of people on researve list and also increase the chances of the people on the researve list getting in. Maybe on the sunday we could ajust it so we have 2 rounds of practice but make them only 3 minutes long. As i find at practise after 5 minutes i find it a bit pointless. I tend to pull the car off after about 4 minutes as it saves my tyres and saves me breaking it.

A
I think you've lost the plot there Ash.

National are the top level of our sport, but here has to be a limit on the entry number or the day will become to long and that could become a negative to those that drive long distances. Sunday is always 1 heat shorter because everyone has to drive home.

The reserve list works well i think, as does the process for selecting entries at the beginning of the year. The current situation of over subscribed Nationals "should" start to improve the attendance at Regional level, as drivers now realise that having an F3 license is probably the minimum requirement to have a chance of entering the following years Nationals. (obviously there are other factors like the number of meetings you enter, and the date your entry is received)

As for practice, both days are currently two rounds of about 3 minutes each. This method was adopted after comments from drivers, who said two short practices was better than one 5 minute run. It allows us to try a setup change. (perhaps your thinking of Regional practice??)
Old 14-08-2007

Dont worry about it i think i a loosing the plot. I feel a right idiot now.

And spencer my f grade is going ok i think im sorta border line at the moment. Im not sure Im hoping coventry should get me a good result and push me up that little bit more and i hope to drop my 2wd marston result. Im scared i may be like top f5 if that happens ill be well gutted.

A

Old 14-08-2007
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

just as an idea Ash , the F4 grade cut off was around position 51 last year .
your currently at 62 in 2wd
Old 14-08-2007
Mad Member

I think MR Sly is spot on.
Our National series is pretty sorted, what we need to be doing is promoting the regional series that bit more!!!
It is good to hear a person like Craig Drescher asking what regionals are left, just so he can gain his licence for entry to next years Nationals.

One thing we could do to help promote Regionals/End of Season finals, is maybe the top 3 in F3's, F2's and Juniors get a place if they want it for the next years National series ??????
Maybe for the Junior's they have there entry fee's paid by Brca, or someone takes them on as a driver ???

Just some ideas....
Old 14-08-2007
Mad Member

Big push for you this weekend then Ash.
Old 14-08-2007

I know but dont we have more f1's this year than last year and when we get rid of the f2's that get there f1's at nationals i should be higher up. But if i dont get my f4 this year thats it im giving up. I also wish with 4wd it was 2 to count instead of 3 as then i could have my marston result and if i do good at kiddy my kiddy result and i should be up there. As im 53rd overall in 4wd and ive only done 2 events and the one was shocking.

A