Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Team Associated

Old 19-08-2007

Default RC10 B4 Factory Team HELP NEEDED PLEASE!?!

Hi everyone. I got offered a brand new boxed Factory Team for £110 so snapped it up. Built it yesterday and need to get the setup ready for indoor racing only.

1.) Is there anywhere I can buy 'Blue Front Springs' and 'Silver Rear Springs' without having to buy the packs full of other colours I don't need.

2.) I'm running 10x2 and 19T motors, and only have a 21T pinion at the mo, so expect a 23T and 25T should cover me. Any idea where I can get these pinions or will these work on the standard 81T Spur: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...MEWA:IT&ih=018

3.) Any spares worth getting that may break while racing at the club as others will be racing XXX's so am unlikely to be able to borrow or buy spares off someone inbetween races.

4.) Are there any other mods that would be worth while for indoor? I have 10W, 15W, 20W, 25W, 30W and 35W oils if using them instead of the standard 30W all around would help!?!

Thanks for taking the time to read this, and any help would be really appreciated as I'm a touring car driver really and am not the most clued up on Buggys.
Old 19-08-2007
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Most model shops will be able to get you single pairs of springs. For indoors Blue front and Silver rear will be fine most of the time, sometimes we use silvers on the front if it's slippy.

Those Tamiya pinions wont work with the B4, you need 48dp pitch pinions; the 21t you already have wont be too far off on a 10 turn indoors.

A pair of front wishbones and shock towers should be fine for spares, the B4's a pretty robust car

The only oils you will need for most tracks are 30w, 35w and 40w. Most of the time you will be running 35w front and 30w rear, on all grass tracks sometimes 40w in the front works better.

What region will you be racing in?
Old 19-08-2007

Send a message via ICQ to Scouser

Hi mate, nice bargain you got there! Springs are all available as separates from anyone dealing with CML (ie LHS) but if you wanted internet route then http://www.dcracing.co.uk/ or http://www.m-k-racing.com/ tend to be good bets. I often find great stock at DMS aswell. Pinions are 48dp and again are all available from pretty much anywhere.
Spares I would recommend are front a-arms, front and rear shock towers and a rear chassis plate to be safe. AE spares are nice and cheap and should be no problem to get hold of.
The only other thing I can think you will need are wheels and tyres. The choice all depends on what surface you will be running on but Schumacher pins or spikes are a pretty safe bet! Hope this is of some help, welcome to the forum.
Old 19-08-2007

Cool. I've got some Blue Front and Silver rears sorted now from an Oople member, and you both stated the same oil, so I'll run:

Blue Front with 35W, and Silver Rear with 30W.

I'll be running car on carpet indoor: Notts. However hopefully getting new car soon so might hunt start racing at other places.

I've also got some hardly usd Schuwy rear tyres from my losi. Car is currently set up as the build manual, and pretty much by the millameter after a long half day build, so if anyone knows if that setup is overly bad for carpet please let me know. Otherwise I'll whack on the springs and reweight the front oil and see how it performs.
Old 19-08-2007
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Send a message via MSN to josh_smaxx

I ran -2* camber all round which seemed to work well on carpet, i was also running 40wt in the front though. For running on carpet stick with either schu yellow minispikes or the new GRP conespike could be a good choice.