Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > NEAM Seaham Sunderland

Old 10-10-2010

Default Question for members

Hi everyone,

I've got a meeting with the youth centre on wed, about building a permanent outdoor track up there, but due to the lack of interest with club racing at present is it worth the time and effort, organising and building it for it not to be used????????

Let me know if you would race on a sunday outdoors during the summer???

Peter
Old 10-10-2010
Mad Member

Surely if there was a permanent track built then this could be used midweek and even in the winter couldn't it?
This kind of thread comes up all of the time but bot all happens. Get a plan together and then ask the question again I would think. The trouble with Jarrow is that not everybody sticks together which is essential to a track being started.
Xb2 CE
Www.tqmodels.co.uk

See My Feedback
Old 10-10-2010
Mad Member

Just another thing, if Jarrow got a core of racers regular midweek somewhere then it would be so much easier to get a tack built. More members, more helpers. What's the point of building a tack with a member turnout of about 6 or 7?
Xb2 CE
Www.tqmodels.co.uk

See My Feedback
Old 10-10-2010

Chris you constantly go on about mid week racing, as i've said numerous times before, if someone can find a hall to race in midweek at a price the club can afford, then I'm all for it.

As for now we are stuck with what we have, which is that the area wether indoor or outdoor will only be available on a weekend, due to the fact it is primarily a youth centre.

The only reason a lot of these opportunities pass us by, is because nobody supports the club, or the people that are there every week to keep it going.

Peter
Old 10-10-2010
Mad Member

We must be able to find a midweek venue? Remember the turnout at narrow on a Tuesday? There are more buggy drivers around the ne now than when we were at Jarrow.
I keep going on about midweek racing as you put it because that was the most successful racing we had. When Jarrow get a core following again then I think that will be the time to think about a permanent track. The North East is crying out for a track, desperate in fact!
Why can Jarrow not merge with a club until they get a better venue?
Xb2 CE
Www.tqmodels.co.uk

See My Feedback
Old 10-10-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris68nufc View Post
Why can Jarrow not merge with a club until they get a better venue?
It would be easier to close the club than merge two together I think.

At present NEAM is not losing money or anything. As for an outdoor track the opportunity is available now, at the youth centre, finding land elsewhere is almost as hard as finding a hall midweek for less than £35 an hour.

Peter
Old 10-10-2010
Mad Member

Fair enough! If the tracks built then can access be had midweek? Maybe floodlighting? Can be easilly metered if power consumption is an issue?
I though of a club merge if jarrow was to close becaus of low numbrs that's all. How much can jarrow afford then to start per hour etc the ball rolling?
Xb2 CE
Www.tqmodels.co.uk

See My Feedback
Old 10-10-2010

If the track was at the youth centre, then no it couldn't be accessed midweek.

As a rough figure of how much we can afford, I'd work on about £50 a session.

Peter
Old 10-10-2010
Mad Member

that sounds great as chris said the northeast is crying out for a good permanent outdoor track.
i would imagine if people want to race that bad, and the track is good enough then they will make time to race at the weekend.
Old 11-10-2010
Mad Member

A better idea then,

spend the 50 quid on hiring a bus so we can all go to RHR as they race on a wed night, flood lit i believe.

That way all the lazy members wont have to build a track, nobody needs to do any work finding venues and nobody needs to do any bitching.

Job done.

A closing point, how many members currently attend on a sunday morning now? Can't be that many otherwise this discussion could be held at a club meeting.
Old 12-10-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by N7ELA View Post

A closing point, how many members currently attend on a sunday morning now? Can't be that many otherwise this discussion could be held at a club meeting.
All the members that attend on a sunday have been asked and would race on it, just thought I'd give everyone else who is a member the opportunity to have there say.

Peter
Old 14-10-2010
Banned

I was wanting to start racing again, but you guys make me laugh.
First why have racing on a sunday 10-3? no body wants to race then.
Old 19-10-2010

Because that's when we could get a hall to race, lots of people race then that is when most events are on across the country

M
Old 19-10-2010
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbo_brick View Post
Because that's when we could get a hall to race, lots of people race then that is when most events are on across the country

M

Thats Y no one turns up, cos there at other meetings.....................
Old 19-10-2010

Well there are also many other weekends there is 'no' event on, so they could attend then

We can't and wouldn't force anyone to support their local club, that's a choice for each individual if they want club racing locally to them

We are working on getting the youth centre to bring local children to take part, just the main youth worker is off ill at present. Sundays are the best days for children and young people. They will hopefully be the future of club racing and racing at a national level. There are already businesses and clubs closing.

We are still holding race meetings and managing to pay the bills, which means enough people are going

M
Old 19-10-2010

Send a message via MSN to baD Send a message via Skype™ to baD

Can the club make some money out of Jimmy ?

After all, he says "I was wanting to start racing again, but you guys make me laugh." ...... so perhaps the club can charge him for the entertainment it provides and making him laugh?
Old 19-10-2010
Banned

Yeah i'll do stand up - bernie.

I just think its funny, you guys arguing on here, someone says come along your missing out, the other says would love to if it was in the week. Now for the first comment you must be struggling if hes crying out for people to come along. Its great that there is a club in seaham, as i live near ish, a lot of hard work must of went into that! But i remember the oxclose school days, 20-30 people on a tuesday nite, the hall was small but no one cared due to the quality of racing and competition.

Yeah people travel to competitions on a sunday because they have to and thats when there on. Its just a big effort for me to get along during the day on a sunday (due to family committments), competitions are a different thing i can organise around them. Anyway, you guys have fun on a sunday, may pop along one day................

Does anyone know if Ian Hedlam still races???
Old 19-10-2010
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyfish View Post
Yeah i'll do stand up - bernie.

I just think its funny, you guys arguing on here, someone says come along your missing out, the other says would love to if it was in the week. Now for the first comment you must be struggling if hes crying out for people to come along. Its great that there is a club in seaham, as i live near ish, a lot of hard work must of went into that! But i remember the oxclose school days, 20-30 people on a tuesday nite, the hall was small but no one cared due to the quality of racing and competition.

Yeah people travel to competitions on a sunday because they have to and thats when there on. Its just a big effort for me to get along during the day on a sunday (due to family committments), competitions are a different thing i can organise around them. Anyway, you guys have fun on a sunday, may pop along one day................

Does anyone know if Ian Hedlam still races???
no he was in prison the last i heard.
who are you anyway