Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > MMRX - Wakefield

Old 24-10-2010

Default October 24th

My first visit to the track and gotta say i was impressed, really enjoyed the track, but looking at the layout i think i would of enjoyed it more clockwise.

Shame i had to leave early before the finals
Thanks the the guys who moved there vans that were pitting next to me, didnt get change to say ta as i left in a rush.

And now for some constructive criticism: it would be good to get more info over the tannoy while in the race, ie calling half way through etc, just to give you an idea of where abouts you are, also helps people warming up engines for the next heat as they (I) would have a better idea of the time to get ready.
Old 24-10-2010

fair coment pal, when it got to the finals the comentary was ok, but its just a learning curve
Old 24-10-2010

Yeah i can appreciate that, Was a bit gutted i couldnt stay for the finals was starting to get to grips with the track, I'll definatley look forward to my next visit
Old 24-10-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tron View Post
My first visit to the track and gotta say i was impressed, really enjoyed the track, but looking at the layout i think i would of enjoyed it more clockwise.

Shame i had to leave early before the finals
Thanks the the guys who moved there vans that were pitting next to me, didnt get change to say ta as i left in a rush.

And now for some constructive criticism: it would be good to get more info over the tannoy while in the race, ie calling half way through etc, just to give you an idea of where abouts you are, also helps people warming up engines for the next heat as they (I) would have a better idea of the time to get ready.
hey up, thanks for coming, hope the time you were there was worth it.
in regards to your coments about the tannoy, for all the heats, we had a short break between each heat, a five minuite to start warning, a three minuite to start warning, a two minuite to start warning, a one minuite to start warning, a thirty second to start warning, and a clock is running warning. i can't understand why you didn't hear these ???
speaker placement ???
did anyone else miss these announcements as the tannoy seemed loud to me.????

also, thanks to all drivers for another good day, mint weather, mint track conditions, well done to all.
Old 24-10-2010

I did here the pre heat start count down and the loudness of the tannoy was spot on, Not saying there was anything wrong with what you were doing, just was a bit strange for me hearing "clock running" then nothing until "race over".
I guess im just used to hearing in race commentary at other clubs.

But yeah really enjoy the rounds i mananged to get in before i had to go
Old 25-10-2010

in the finals we did have some race comentary , to be honest not sure about heats as sometimes i find it can be a bit distracting when you are qualifiing and your getting announcments over the tannoy through the race

when we are racing. when we here clock is running, that would be my Q to start getting ready to warm up if i were in the next race

hope you enjoyed the day though and the broken arm heals quickley

(not broken at track)
Old 25-10-2010

Commentary was good in the finals apart from chalky announcing I was in last place in my first ever A Final , cheers mate !!
Track was awesome to drive well done to Andy, chalky & ben for getting it sorted midweek
Top days racing
Old 25-10-2010

Great day had by all i think, and was great that the weather held out.

Is there any chance we could put the results of all the finals and the winter series league table up on here. If this is a problem i can do it if someone can fax me the sheets. Cheers

pm me for fax number.
Old 25-10-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by chalky View Post
in the finals we did have some race comentary , to be honest not sure about heats as sometimes i find it can be a bit distracting when you are qualifiing and your getting announcments over the tannoy through the race

when we are racing. when we here clock is running, that would be my Q to start getting ready to warm up if i were in the next race

hope you enjoyed the day though and the broken arm heals quickley

(not broken at track)
Fair enough
Yeah my son didnt break his arm as the missus first thought, only dislocated his thumb after falling off his bike, the missus was in a bit of a state on the phone!
Still rather inconsiderate of him eh! and i hate waiting about in A&E
Old 25-10-2010

Just like to say well done to all the guys at mmrx, thought the new track layout worked really well.

Had a great days racing with with the leccy rc8, just gutted i wasnt able to start in the A after winning the B, my other lipo went sick during morning practice so only had one for the day.

Bring on the next round
losi 8ight
Old 26-10-2010
Legendary dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean L View Post
Just like to say well done to all the guys at mmrx, thought the new track layout worked really well.

Had a great days racing with with the leccy rc8, just gutted i wasnt able to start in the A after winning the B, my other lipo went sick during morning practice so only had one for the day.

Bring on the next round
Thats why you should race nitro not clockwork sean

Elite R/C racing
Optipower
Old 26-10-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Really liked the revised track, more challenging than before.

I did struggle a bit with no 'pit man' thank goodness for Bruces missis helping me out again
I'm looking to rope my dad in for the next one, but I can't be the only person who's lacking a dedicated pit man or 'pit lady' !? Last time I ran with Rich Lowe, but we ended up in the same final, so that didn't work out too well either....

Couldn't there be some system of assigning pit men for the finals at least, just for anyone that needs a bit of help, ie teaming people in the lower finals to help people higher up and vice versa ? Maybe call for any drivers who need help when the finals list goes up to pair people up to help each other out depending how the final placings fall ?

I know not everyone needs pitting, but I know I will from time to time, I saw Dave Grunhill only getting sorted at the last minute too. I missed running in the A final as I couldn't get sorted and find anyone to help in time

Custom Painted Bodyshells by me ! www.shillyshells.co.uk

http://www.shillyshells.co.uk
Old 28-10-2010

With regards to pit men. Us boys from York have also struggled in the past and it can be a real pain in the back door. As long as i have no breakages (which is rare) i will be happy to pit for whoever whenever. So if your stuck give me a shout. Great days racing sunday by the way and thanks for posting all the results up. I only need to get my average lap time down by 15seconds and i'm gonna win hahahahahahahahahaha.
Old 28-10-2010

I have been building a truggy for this track and it is now finally ready
I think I might be too late to join in for the winter series but will be happy to come down & lend a hand with pitting etc...
Just hope the track will be open for practice days throughout the winter.
Old 28-10-2010

you can enter any of the remaining winter series meetings you dont have to do them all

there will be plenty of practice sessions dont panic
Old 28-10-2010

Good stuff
Old 30-10-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon_b View Post
With regards to pit men. Us boys from York have also struggled in the past and it can be a real pain in the back door. As long as i have no breakages (which is rare) i will be happy to pit for whoever whenever. So if your stuck give me a shout. Great days racing sunday by the way and thanks for posting all the results up. I only need to get my average lap time down by 15seconds and i'm gonna win hahahahahahahahahaha.
Cheers fella, appreciate it.

Custom Painted Bodyshells by me ! www.shillyshells.co.uk

http://www.shillyshells.co.uk