Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > BRCA Nationals & Regionals > BRCA 1/10th OFF ROAD - 2010

View Poll Results: Who should decide our National 1/10th Off-Road Championship Venues
The Off-Road BRCA committee members and Chairman 22 36.67%
The Racers as members of the BRCA 33 55.00%
Other 5 8.33%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Old 19-12-2010
oOple Advertiser

Default Who should decide the Venues for our National Championship

This is a poll for the National Venues and not the dates.
Who should decide where we go?
Us as racers as paying customers and individuals or our BRCA Off Road committee and chairman?

The poll is subjest to a club requesting a National event and meets the criteria (obviously)

If for some reason you chose the 3rd option of other then explain otherwise everyones name will be hidden
Old 19-12-2010
oOple Advertiser

Where's the poll options Tony?
Old 19-12-2010
Mad Member

I have gone for other for the following reasons:
If we (the racers) choose then there would be a stalemate, also it would be difficult to get all the results etc.

My idea would be to have a national venue committee, needs only to be 2 - 4 people. They could go through the venues who have applied and select. Maybe someone from north and south!!!
Old 19-12-2010

I'd like to see a system where the drivers vote, on clubs that have been passed acceptable by the committee. So at the AGM any clubs applied will be deemed suitable. After this, drivers who completed the series last year (ie. 4 or more) can take part in an online vote for where they would like to go (and what tires to use). This vote would close by Dec 1st or something, and then the entry form can be published for January
Old 19-12-2010
Mad Member

Send a message via MSN to MattW

The touring car section decided a couple of years ago that it should be the people that go to the agm that decide on the venues.

Therefore - when the new rule proposals go out, there is also a track pack released with some info on each track. At the agm, there is a vote - and the 5 highest scored (5 nationals) get the gig. The committee then go away and sort dates.
Old 19-12-2010

And for the North/South hater's, we've not exactly got a northern national series, more midlands (except Southport), which is fair for everyone!!

Remember we are a BRITISH series How would you like a trip up to Bents Park in Newcastle? It'd make an excellent venue, good for public viewing, nice for bringing along spectators and a good nightlife!!!
Old 19-12-2010
oOple Advertiser

The other part is OK but still who to decide.
No good saying at the AGM as it's ALWAYS been up north - well over the past 25 years it has anyways.
And why the racers from before as new racers could decide (so long as the venue has passed the criteria)
i.e 80 drivers from the North will vote for Northern venues but 80 from the South - well it's obvious isn't it
More to the point, why should NON RACERS decide where we race??
Old 19-12-2010

I vote other because in my experience there is a lot of 'you scratch my back and I'll scratch yours'. One way to avoid these 'mates agreements' is for a small independent body to do it.
Old 19-12-2010

Would it not be possible for a simple rotation between all clubs? furthermore that there is a comparative split between areas that have the most clubs, eg if there's more tracks up north than south then you have a 60/40 etc split, this way overtime all clubs will get their chance to host.

Or some kinda system like they do for the Olympics and other large sporting events, whereby clubs will make proposals/tenders/applications on why they should host the rounds and these are scrutinised by the brca or another type committee?
Old 19-12-2010

Clubs who wish to host, put their bids into the corresponding regions and at their regions AGM a vote is cast. (If more than one club submits to host, the region votes in an order of preference)

Then every region gets to have at least one venue in their geo location.

In the event all seven regions submit a host club, then a vote is made at the Section AGM. In the event 5 or less regions submit, then there are spare slots. These too are voted on at the Section AGM from all the regions that submitted more than one host venue and in order of their "preference". (So all second choice venues would battle it out etc etc)

Could make the submission quite exciting too. If the South East were tactical and put TORCH in as their number 1 choice and a spare slot was availble, EPR could be 2nd choice and (based only on what I have read and no personal experience) much more likely to beat the second place submissions from the other regions (if they didn't submit tactically).

This method could also encourage investment in some regions in a bid to host. Not to mention raise the profile of 1:10 RC Off Road.

Obviously, all submissions would have to meet the "Host Criteria"
Old 19-12-2010
Spends too long on oOple ...

I was really hoping to do a few nationals in 2011, but with the distance being so far I won't be. I'll be support my region and club instead. Then maybe the F345s

As for how it's done, not sure what to suggest as I haven't attended a national yet. I would however sway away from drivers votes as the numbers wouldn't be fair. I.e. if 80% of the voters were from up north how is that fair on southern racers etc. and vice vercer.
Old 19-12-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Guys, I can see a lot of good points both on this thread and the calendar one, but I really do think the north/south blinkers need to come off, it is NOT a Northern based series, it is more mid based. I live on the edge of midlands/north west, and of the 6 nationals, 2 are @3 hours south of me, 1@ 90 mins south, 1 is level, one @90 mins north and one 2 hours north. Oh, and the end of season events are 90 mins and 2 1/2 hours south of me too!!

I think someone based in Newcastle could make just as big a claim about it being Southern biased as you guys South of the Thames could about it being Northern based!

That said, it is a shame to lose EPR (is the reason the one stated, or more to do with the lack of layout options supposedly giving local advantage?), and I don't see why the AGM is in the same place every year (Oh, but please, Stoke isn't really Northern guys!)!
Old 19-12-2010
Mad Member

I've voted for the Committee and the Chairman. I don't want to do the job, I've been doing Nationals for over 15 years and haven't had reason to complain about the decisions

If racers were to vote I bet I would never have raced in Kirkcaldy, Scotland at a National in the 1990s

I pay my TV License Fee but don't get to sort out the BBC TV Schedule
Old 19-12-2010

it might help your poll if you knew who actually votes, this year there were 10 people in attendance but the chairman will only vote if there was a tie.
so we had
national timekeeper
national referee
secretary
south east regional rep
mid south rep
drivers rep
technical officer
north east rep
welsh rep

the above list included 4 national drivers. we had 7 clubs going for 6 places someone was going to miss out. you can change who votes, you can change how it is voted but one club will be disappointed. which club would you have disappointed?
Old 19-12-2010

Stoke is north wen you live down here. There is a large portion of racers from this direction.

90mins is the shortest for me to get to and thats Stotfold at 100miles.
its 220miles to Southport, 200miles to ozwestry, 120 to kiddy, 110 to Talywain and 180miles to RHR.

Like I said on the Calender I dont mind driving to great venues but sometimes there a compromise?? Apart from Taly everything is north for myself and a large portion of fellow racers. I'm not moaning just saying what alot of us are thinking.
Old 19-12-2010
Spends too long on oOple ...

Clubs to apply for a National, and must be accepted as long as they fulfil the criteria for holding a national.

Committee to set the dates for the Nationals.

Drivers who attended ALL the nationals to vote on venue's.

Clubs must then accept the dates offered.
Old 19-12-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trish View Post
Stoke is north wen you live down here.
Its south from up here, but that doesn't make it southern
Old 19-12-2010
Mad Member

Northern National series? Really?
The closest National to me is RHR....about 2 and a half hours South!
Tally 6 hours,Southport 3 and a half....No need to go on!

Im really looking forward to next season whatever happens. I like the Bents Park option aswell!!
Xb2 CE
Www.tqmodels.co.uk

See My Feedback
Old 19-12-2010
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReferee View Post
it might help your poll if you knew who actually votes, this year there were 10 people in attendance but the chairman will only vote if there was a tie.
so we had
national timekeeper
national referee
secretary
south east regional rep
mid south rep
drivers rep
technical officer
north east rep
welsh rep

the above list included 4 national drivers. we had 7 clubs going for 6 places someone was going to miss out. you can change who votes, you can change how it is voted but one club will be disappointed. which club would you have disappointed?
Out of interest John, thought there was nine clubs??
I know we ( silverstone ) put in for a national as I sent it in.

But once again this will come up year after year unless someone thinks of a new way to do things. And puts it forward to agm....
Old 19-12-2010

Again if you read what i am saying i don't mind traveling!

I am disapointed that EPR didn't get a meeting and they have put alot of work into this track and there has been a complete lack of recognition for them by the people voting.