Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > Titchfield Off Road Club Hants

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 16-05-2011
RobW RobW is offline
Mad Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 1,179
Default Losi 22 Set-up for our track

Ok Guys, finally stopped talking about it and bought a Losi. I blame Al and the RcLazy guys in equal proportions - Al for letting me have a go with his car which felt really good and RcLazy for leaving a kit out on display to tempt me every time I walked back to the pits.

Anyway I've got this daft idea in my head that I might be able to get it ready for the next all dayer despite having next to no time available to build it let alone install the electrics or spray a shell so what I really need some help with is some initial set up guidance for the car on our track. That way I can save a bit of time and build it with a starting set up for our track.

Other option is to hope SteveB volunteers to build it but I think he is too busy changing nappies at the moment

Might be best to post in the Set up thread so others can find them later.

Thanks for any help

Rob
__________________
____________________________
Rob Warren
Schumacher Eclipse 3
XRAY T4 2020
Roche 235mm Evo2
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 16-05-2011
simoncrabb's Avatar
simoncrabb simoncrabb is offline
Mad Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Bournemouth
Posts: 1,195
Send a message via Skype™ to simoncrabb
Default

Yep, we'll happily take half the blame...

Strangely, we had that box of 3 22s sitting around for a few weeks unsold, we were about to send them back today! But we sold two yesterday!
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 16-05-2011
martin so16's Avatar
martin so16 martin so16 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: southampton
Posts: 369
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobW View Post
Ok Guys, finally stopped talking about it and bought a Losi. I blame Al and the RcLazy guys in equal proportions - Al for letting me have a go with his car which felt really good and RcLazy for leaving a kit out on display to tempt me every time I walked back to the pits.

Anyway I've got this daft idea in my head that I might be able to get it ready for the next all dayer despite having next to no time available to build it let alone install the electrics or spray a shell so what I really need some help with is some initial set up guidance for the car on our track. That way I can save a bit of time and build it with a starting set up for our track.

Other option is to hope SteveB volunteers to build it but I think he is too busy changing nappies at the moment

Might be best to post in the Set up thread so others can find them later.

Thanks for any help

Rob
hello rob ive got 1.4 4 hole ghea pistons in shocks that u can get from p.dub racing green springs on frount pink on rear oil 32.5 in frount 27.5 in rear u have to move some of the shims around on the frount different to kit build 5deg hubs if u can find some ive been runing 3deg hubs lump of lead under lipos and a rear weight kit if u go for mid mount and and a set of diff balls off of mr crabb as the losi ones are large pants if u want me 2 put it together im doing nothing as im signed off work after knee op pm me if u want
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 16-05-2011
RobW RobW is offline
Mad Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 1,179
Default

Hi Martin

Got the springs and diff balls (and 3.5 HRC) from Simon on sunday. Have just ordered some Ghea pistons and lipos to fit and and am on case for brass weights. I'll look out for some 5 degree hubs.

Best of all I may have acquired some time to start building it on Weds!! If not I may well be delivering a big box of stuff to you later this week

Rob
__________________
____________________________
Rob Warren
Schumacher Eclipse 3
XRAY T4 2020
Roche 235mm Evo2
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 16-05-2011
martin so16's Avatar
martin so16 martin so16 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: southampton
Posts: 369
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobW View Post
Hi Martin

Got the springs and diff balls (and 3.5 HRC) from Simon on sunday. Have just ordered some Ghea pistons and lipos to fit and and am on case for brass weights. I'll look out for some 5 degree hubs.

Best of all I may have acquired some time to start building it on Weds!! If not I may well be delivering a big box of stuff to you later this week

Rob
no probs mate just shout if u need a hand the shims and stuff on the frount 2 move about can be done track side doesent take long
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 16-05-2011
Northern Monkey's Avatar
Northern Monkey Northern Monkey is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Hants
Posts: 144
Default

Hey Rob, Martins covered most of the changes I have made too but iíll try to find some time to do a set-up sheet and post it on here.

Steve will probably have further pointers, but at the end of the day a lot of the set-up is personal driving style so youíll have the fun of playing trackside.

Welcome to the fold
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 16-05-2011
SteveB's Avatar
SteveB SteveB is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Southampton/Portsmouth
Posts: 516
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Monkey View Post
Hey Rob, Martins covered most of the changes I have made too but iíll try to find some time to do a set-up sheet and post it on here.

Steve will probably have further pointers, but at the end of the day a lot of the set-up is personal driving style so youíll have the fun of playing trackside.

Welcome to the fold
Rob did you say u were racing Sunday? Anyway few key points:

1. Set the diff correct, have u planned to upgrade diff balls?
2. Green front springs, and pink rear
3. Pistons to be replaced with tapered 5 hole 1.3 front 5 hole 1.4 rear tbc
4. 27/30 rear oil 32/35front
5. Short wheel base all round
6. 3.5 hrc with 2.5 anti
7. 5 Degree caster blocks
8. Weight kit for rear
9. Home made lead under lipo. 70 - 130 grams your choice
10. Mount wing as far forward as possible
11. Call me for the secret stuff lol

General settings will see u Sunday
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 16-05-2011
SteveB's Avatar
SteveB SteveB is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Southampton/Portsmouth
Posts: 516
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobW View Post
Anyway I've got this daft idea in my head that I might be able to get it ready for the next all dayer despite having next to no time available to build it let alone install the electrics or spray a shell so what I really need some help with is some initial set up guidance for the car on our track.
Rob
Rubbish your be racing the 22 this Sunday, Martin has plenty of spare time on his hands.

Martin is my cheif car cleaner at the moment my cars came back looking like new everyweek, offered my washing and ironing, and nappie changing duties but declined quickly

Book your car in to "Martins Model Car Valeting Service" , fee's lesson in how to drive consistently??
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 17-05-2011
RobW RobW is offline
Mad Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 1,179
Default

Thanks, all

I think I have just about got or will have soon all the bits I need except the 5 degree caster blocks - nobody seems to have them in stock, may get some 3 degrees instead until I can get some.

Wife wants to a do a car boot sale to clear out the garage this sunday morning and I kinda agreed some time ago to help with that - to be fair she did ask about a month ago when would be a good weekend for me to take a week off racing. Still seems like a waste of a perfectly good sunday morning - still I think I need to earn the brownie points to compensate for all the parcels coming in the post this week

Plan now is if I can get the car ready to try and get down and give it a quick run after the meeting.

Rob
__________________
____________________________
Rob Warren
Schumacher Eclipse 3
XRAY T4 2020
Roche 235mm Evo2
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 17-05-2011
martin so16's Avatar
martin so16 martin so16 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: southampton
Posts: 369
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveB View Post
Rubbish your be racing the 22 this Sunday, Martin has plenty of spare time on his hands.

Martin is my cheif car cleaner at the moment my cars came back looking like new everyweek, offered my washing and ironing, and nappie changing duties but declined quickly

Book your car in to "Martins Model Car Valeting Service" , fee's lesson in how to drive consistently??
need another car to clean steve done both of mine lol when do these lessons start lol
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 08:53 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
oOple.com