Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Yokomo

Old 18-07-2006

Send a message via MSN to ryan
Talking bx modifications

hi every body with a bx, most top drivers are running this mod now and the car is transformed it gives more camber out of the corners for more rear traction. the steeing mod is my idea and i like to run because i dont like fast steering, it also calms the front end down dramatically.

The upside down rear ballstuds i did not yet no of at southport but at tiverton (outdoor) it made a lot of differnce for rear traction i got a old xxx4 front shocktower and made the spacers to rise up the rear top deck it has to go right across to keep the diff held in, you also have to file away some of the top deck at the edge so when the car lands of the jump the turnbuckles stay onand arn't pushed of.Another think i have also found with the bx is that it always wanted to flip, after looking at the steering assembely i decided to do is was the same as what everyone did to the xxx4 , make the turnbuckle from the servo longer to make the steering smother and stop it diggig in so hard. firstly i removed the carbon joint out and placed a old turnbuckle from the servo to the other side of the car, at this point only one wheel will steer so look at the ackermann at the top, with the spare hole nearest the pivot use the turnbuckle previously taken of at fit it across (must make longer) it misses all the belts and the diff.

i know this may sound confusing but its not look at this link for a oople shot of simon moss with the modified bx.
http://www.oople.com/rc/photos/batle...tley4wd59.html

ryan
Old 18-07-2006

Hello Ryan,

Have you got a shot of your steering modification plz ?

Thx

Bast
Old 18-07-2006

Default steering

i have no digital camera at the moment but i will borrow someones camera and post it next week some time, sorry!!!
ryan
Old 18-07-2006
Administrator

This is the reversed links on lee martins car at oswestry

Old 18-07-2006

Default mods

thats the one!! i raised mine up further about 4mm by extra spacers.
ryan
Old 20-07-2006

http://www.oople.com/rc/photos/oswestry160706/imagepages/os4wd02.html

I also spotted that there are different rear drive shaft’s being used on the BX in that photo above, I always spot little things.

For example what’s going on with the rear brace on this BX? Looks like screws have been reversed from being fixed through the chassis bottom to down from the top… not sure why you would make this modification however, anyone know?
Old 20-07-2006
Lion-O - King of the Thundercats

Send a message via MSN to bigred5765 Send a message via Skype™ to bigred5765

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bathy
http://www.oople.com/rc/photos/oswestry160706/imagepages/os4wd02.html

I also spotted that there are different rear drive shaft’s being used on the BX in that photo above, I always spot little things.

For example what’s going on with the rear brace on this BX? Looks like screws have been reversed from being fixed through the chassis bottom to down from the top… not sure why you would make this modification however, anyone know?
cant see drive shafts ??
and i think bits on top of rear link are something to do with the rear plate covering the diff
Old 20-07-2006
Administrator

he means the photo in the thread carl (I wondered the same at first) I guess they might be B4 cvd's ?
Old 20-07-2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigred5765
cant see drive shafts ??
I meant in the photo in the post above (I wasn't very clear), the one Jimmy posted, B4 rear drive shafts not the Yoke one's. Think I'll stick with the BX one's until they need replacing.
Old 20-07-2006
Super Moderator

You think they might be B4 CVD's, rear uprights (after market - poss different toe) and wheels by any chance?

G
Old 20-07-2006
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bathy
I meant in the photo in the post above (I wasn't very clear), the one Jimmy posted, B4 rear drive shafts not the Yoke one's. Think I'll stick with the BX one's until they need replacing.
I think I heard that one Yoke driver (quite well known) had said that B4 rear driveshafts was the single biggest improvement he had made!

G
Old 21-07-2006
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northy
I think I heard that one Yoke driver (quite well known) had said that B4 rear driveshafts was the single biggest improvement he had made!

G
Hi,

Does it require any modification to use them on the BX? And what about the front ones?

Thanks!
Old 21-07-2006

Wink driveshafts

they run the b4 driveshafts becuase the roll pin always come un-done and the pin falls out this has happend to me twice, check it every run and take it out and re-threadlock it after every meeting do not use the threadlock in the kit use the top brand stuff. the hubs he is runing is rayspeed 0.5 degree dont no what it does though!!

ryan
Old 21-07-2006
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by winehundred
Hi,

Does it require any modification to use them on the BX? And what about the front ones?

Thanks!
Don't know, I don't run one, sorry.

G
Old 21-07-2006
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan
they run the b4 driveshafts becuase the roll pin always come un-done and the pin falls out this has happend to me twice, check it every run and take it out and re-threadlock it after every meeting do not use the threadlock in the kit use the top brand stuff. the hubs he is runing is rayspeed 0.5 degree dont no what it does though!!

ryan

CVD's also handle different to dogbones. I think they give the rear more grip on power. The 1/2 degree hubs will add grip or take it away depending on which way round they are.

Does the BX struggle for rear grip?

G
Old 21-07-2006

would imagine that if the BX is anything like the BC was it won't struggle for rear end grip. the japanise like alot of rear grip (lots and lots) mainly due to them running on low grip clay (yatabe) and as the car didn't seem to have any probs with rear control at the worlds i would imagine that any change to the rear end hubs would be the same as the cahnges made to the BC, which was to take away rear grip so reduceing the amount of rear toe.
am also interested to know if this car sufers any of the traits that the BC had like requiring more rear end damping to stop that nasty side bite issue which would cause the car to suddenly flip.
Old 21-07-2006
Administrator

From what I heard, the CVD shafts lock up a bit more than the UJ shafts, and keep the car flatter under power because they try to straighten up - or something.
Old 21-07-2006
Super Moderator

I would have thought UJ's would bind more on power. They started using them on the back of the XXX to get more steering.

G
Old 21-07-2006
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

more bind = more rear end on power.

what happens is, they level out the car and make it drive 'straight'

with the less bind, it allows the car to keep leaning in the corner and continues in the corner when you get on the power.

off power its the oposite, more bind = less rear end entering the corner.

at least thats what happens on the back of the Losi car(s)
Old 21-07-2006
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northy
I would have thought UJ's would bind more on power. They started using them on the back of the XXX to get more steering.

G
yea forget that, I meant over dogbones not UJ's - I got confused