Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > Eden Park Raceway

Old 12-02-2008
Mad Member

Default Work Party - Saturday 16 Feb

Hi all

Here is an update on our plans for Saturday - I am sure Steve Brooke will add to this should he need to.

We will be having a work party at the track this Saturday as we are going to be running a mains supply from the clubhouse to race control and then onto scrutineering.

Paul (sparks) and I will be there from 9am so will probably be going across to the cafe to keep him well-fed.

We hope to run the cable out first and then gain access to the club to wire it in. We can then do the fittings inside the buildings whilst the cable is being secured to the fence.

I am sure that Brookie will come up with some other jobs that need doing, although these are weather dependent...

Steve Andrews has quoted to repair the fence but we are unable to start this until Steve is available for obvious reasons.

Hope to see you all there!

Many thanks

Matt
Old 12-02-2008
Mad Member

Yeah, I'll add!!!

Scrutineering still needs to be finished, removeable panel on the door, filling and painting of the exterior woodwork as well as a good wash and brush up are all still to do.

The perimeter fence still needs preservative in parts, the meshing re-attaching and the access opposite Race Control filling in!

I know it's early but thought the boys might like to have a scout around our National access route, start tidying and see if there's anything to have another bonfire with!

Weather forecast at the mo is cold but dry, I'm sure the kettles will be on the go sometime during the day and don't forget there's track time available in the afternoon, AFTER WE'VE FINISHED, for those that want it!

Hope to see you all there, Steve
Old 12-02-2008
Mad Member

Are you having a meeting on Sunday too?? I need a backup plan to my warm indoor racing.
Old 12-02-2008
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

I won't be able to make it for a few weekends working, not far away in Croydon
Old 12-02-2008

Send a message via Skype™ to martboy21

ill be there,LATE as usual but il be there!!!
Old 13-02-2008
Mad Member

Hi Phil

Sorry no meeting there until 2 March which is our last winter series event.

But, we are looking at having an Open Weekend on the first Saturday/Sunday in April (TBC). The track will be laid out with timing gear running for those who want it. A small donation to the club will be taken each day.

There will be EPR guys there during the weekend as there is loads of stuff to do around the site like fencing, etc but of course we will be off the track!!!!

If anyone wants to make arrangements for using the track for some practice outside of Saturdays or publicly announced days, then please PM with details of suitable donation.

Thanks
Old 16-02-2008
Mad Member

Default Thanks to all for today

Just wanted to say a big thank you for everyone who was at the track today, battling the very bitter cold conditions. Special thanks to our resident "Sparks" Paul and brother-in-law Gary for their efforts that began at 8.30am!!! Approximately 100m of 10mm armoured cable has been run back to the social club's consumer board with our own isolation switch. The cable runs along the fence and has been clipped in place - that’s a lot of clips and cable ties!

Now that we have a mains feed from the clubhouse, we can semi-retire the trusty Honda generator that has served the club for as long as I can remember...

So now we have a mains feed, we have gone to town with lights in both scrutineering and race control, security floodlights on both as well as some 20 sockets distributed between them. We are still considering fitting a couple of exterior waterproof sockets (one on each building) for our future plans.

Although scrutineering doesn’t have the power connected at the moment as believe it or not we managed to underestimate the distance between the two buildings, all the first fix has been carried out so all that needs is another couple of hours work.

All we would like to do in race control is ply line the inside and install a new 3m run of worktop for the race officials. This is something that we will start next week.
With more timber in mind, our next order will include enough 3”x2” and 8’x4’ sheets to board the rostrum and then we will be reaching some of the goals we set out to achieve just over a year ago!

Just one sad thing to mention was that the burger van caught fire last Sunday at 7am when a faulty timer inside kicked in and set the unit alight! I am sure that some of you who are reading this are actually glad to see the van go up as their tea was sometimes not the best that you have ever had and I can confirm this from m own experience!!! This means that it is unlikely that there will be any hot food or drinks available at the final round of our Winter Warmer series on 2 March. The bar in the main clubhouse will be open from midday for cold drinks and bar snacks, but this is very limited. Our apologies for this as clearly this is something that we didn’t bargain for.
With the football season coming to end shortly, we are unsure of what the club owners will do in the future and this is of particular concern for the National but we will of course keep everyone updated and book external caterers if necessary.
Old 16-02-2008
Mad Member

Just a selection of photos
Attached Images
File Type: jpg armoured-cable.jpg (79.3 KB, 41 views)
File Type: jpg consumer-board.jpg (57.7 KB, 29 views)
File Type: jpg gary.jpg (51.2 KB, 30 views)
File Type: jpg sockets.jpg (50.7 KB, 20 views)
Old 16-02-2008
Mad Member

Two more
Attached Images
File Type: jpg internal-lighting.jpg (41.8 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg security-lighting.jpg (29.0 KB, 17 views)
Old 16-02-2008
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quality job all!!!!!! Thanks to all who pitched in!!!!!! Sorry i couldnt be there.
I am just home from work at 7pm, and yes I did leave before 6am!!!! And I am working tomorrow
EPR is definetly getting better and better!!!! Wait till you see it at the National!!!!! May be the best facility in the UK!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 19-02-2008

anyone seen my lens cap for my camera?i think i left it on table last saturday work party?
did anyone put it in race control? Let me know please
cheers
Old 19-02-2008
Woop Woop Member

probably in my orange jacket pocket by now lol

woop woop racing officialy keeping team toe out inline
Old 20-02-2008

hi nathan, i was freezing so i wore your coat saturday,hope ya dont mind?ha ha

however i left after everyone and regretably forgot to take it off,when i realised i still had it on it was all locked up and i didnt want to leave it there....so its hanging up in the warmth in my house!!!

but now youve just said that i might check... one moment...

nope must still be down the track!!

aah well,just get another if cant find it!

you down saturday mate??

i will bring your coat

cheers martin
Old 20-02-2008
Woop Woop Member

am hoping to be down mate as long as my knee is ok. what r the plans for this weekend mat

woop woop racing officialy keeping team toe out inline
Old 20-02-2008
Mad Member

I am only going to be down the track until 11.30am but am aiming to be there before 9am.

Not sure what is happening as Paul Bricknell has a few more jobs to do including linking the scrutineering hut and race control with power and finishing the second fix in scrutineering. We also hope to fit a couple of external sockets.

Job wise for Saturday includes:

Remove the parts of the fence that we are going to repair or replace
Undercoat all areas that need it on scrutineering including door
Start building the framework in race control for longer worktop
Move yellow seating rail on rostrum to front to support boarding

I am also going to suggest to Steve that we get the compressor we spoke about for the next winter series round to see how it goes. I think I have raised about two-thirds of the money from Andy Turnbull and Martin Butler!!!

Finally, We are on the lookout for a cheap, mains powered two-way radio so that the guys in scrutineering and race control can talk to each other.

Hope to see you all there with your money - Martin, Andy, Niggs - £12 BRCA
Old 20-02-2008

ill be down there as usual matt,ill bring the money and nath's orange coat. my ansmann charger has broken so no cars to play with till i hear back from racing passion about it, thats both my mamba and charger both broke,and companies take SOOO long to sort things out! any suggestions to speed things up people or anyone with delta peak charger i can borrow please?

thanks mart

matt- what you doing with compressor mate?just wondered?....

Nath- Hope your knee gets better mate?
Old 21-02-2008
Mad Member

We are thinking of having a compressor availble for racers to blast their cars clean with. Although dirt from the track is never too much of a problem, using an air line does allow you to clean the hard to reach areas.
Old 21-02-2008

Default compressor

wicked idea!!!

its got to be better than i paint brush i know and it will come out alot cleaner!

question: what bar/psi is needed to provide enough pressure to do that?just wondering?...

any luck on charger anyone?

ITS COLIN!!
D4
B4
Tekin FX-R
Peak Spashett 9 x 2
Eden Park Raceway
Fro0b Racing
Old 22-02-2008
Mad Member

I will have a charger with me but it is for Paul. I am going to contact Mr Bricknell and find out his plans.

Steve has also mentioned about tidying up the bank to the left side of the track if you are looking at the rostrum.

This is where we are going to set up a permanent results board for the National - I think a sheet of 8x4' should do it! We are going to ask Steve Andrews to drop in a couple of large fence posts and we will put up/take down the board as we need it.

Maybe we could buy a board tomorrow and then at least get it undercoated. It will take a little time to work out how best to secure the results to the board to make them water and windproof!

With regard to the compressor, we are going to have a collection pot and we will take donations for the club. We will stick a table up and a couple of brushes so guys can blast their cars clean on the way back to the pits.

Finally, no-one will be allowed to pit in scrutineering next Sunday as we may be using this for catering and transponder control - just as it should be!
Old 22-02-2008

gave you money last weekend Matt, would you like some more, its just that being poor white trash im a lill shy on the ol money front