Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > Mansfield RC Club

Old 08-11-2011
oOple Advertiser

Default Racing over winter

Hi everyone, as our club is getting a good number of drivers each week, both new and existing, we are aiming to keep it going all winter long as opposed to the close down that happened last year.

so let's keep it going guys, and anyone new who fancies coming for a race you will be most welcome!

--SMD--INSIDE LINE MODELS--PR RACING UK--

My feedback
http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=79696
Old 08-11-2011

Let's keep it going! I'll be there,it's a good atmosphere more newbbies please
Old 10-11-2011

hi is there any chance of practice nights either side of race night so we can leave carpet down, and learn the ropes. Personally i find race nights a bit pressured and would really appreciate a non experienced driver night to get up to speed?
Old 10-11-2011
oOple Advertiser

Hi Chris, during the summer months we can leave the carpet down, but in winter the car booters get all nesh and do their business in the room we use (hence all the stuff in there)

Also we would have the issue of rent on other nights, don't think to be honest we would be able to cover any extra nights.

I do like your thinking though :-)

Best thing for you to do would be to sit with one of the experienced racers, such as myself (John), Jason or Matt etc. This is what Muzzie has done and he is getting faster every week! It is very daunting when first starting, but it's all good fun and once the basics become second nature it's even better.

We are aiming to get the carpet down a bit earlier from now on, so that will hopefully give us all more time to help out :-)

Come and see me next Wednesday and we'll get sorted!

cheers, John

My feedback
Old 11-11-2011

Hi John

I did ask Gareth about doing what chris has said about and I did ask about the total cost of hiring the venue etc ( rent ). So then we could try and spread the cost of it between thoughs of us that feel we need to get some practice in before we get in the way of you guys who are at full race speed. On race days we help out doing the marshalling when we are not racing but then it is a rush to get out cars ready to get out in the races we have entered. So oftain the race starts when we are not ready which is slightly unfair as we have paid to race or practice in our situation. So that is why we are asking about doing a practice night for us novice numptys.
Sorry if what I have said upset anyone but it is how it is for novices. You are a good bunch but you all go to race and we do get in the way on the circuit so it is more a plea for help.

Andy
Old 11-11-2011
oOple Advertiser

Hi Andy, I'm sure you wont have upset anyone with your very valid comments.

I for one race on a Wednesday night purely for fun, and am very happy to help anyone out who needs it because they are new racers (we were all new once and I am still grateful to the guys who helped me)

Please don't be afraid to ask anyone there for advice, or to ask to stop the countdown if you're not quite ready. We can always put a little longer gap between heats if needed.

Our club is changing for the better with all you new guys coming and we want you to have a good time when you're there :-)

Finally, try not to be "intimidated" by us so called experienced racers if you're in a fast heat, it's our job to get safely past you:-)

As regards practice nights, I love the idea and am behind it 100% but I'm a carer for my disabled partner so doubtful I would be able to make another night in the week, so Gareth is the man to keep talking to about that.

Cheers, John

My feedback
Old 11-11-2011

Hi John

I do think we need to get together and have a chat face to face as hiding behind user names is not always good or going at it on the forum is not good. I want to try and help and make the club better and the practice nights just one or two a month should be poss some how. Sometimes people do forget they had to start somewhere and us slow nuptys are pleeding to get some halfway ground here.
So lets try and work together on this and make it a great club.

Andy
Old 11-11-2011
oOple Advertiser

Definitely mate, I'll be there next Wednesday with my Cougar so we'll have a chat

I'm also going to Broxtowe on Sunday for some outdoor fun ;-)

My feedback

Last edited by john333; 11-11-2011 at 05:41 PM. Reason: extra info
Old 11-11-2011

I will be there with my Durango Short course truck on wednesday. I will get down early and it would be good to put names and user names to faces.
Old 13-11-2011

Hi All,

I'm a regular at the club and would be happy to help out any newbies, I race the the red and white B4, feel free to come over and ask if you need anything.

Dave.
Old 13-11-2011
oOple Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty15 View Post
Hi John

I do think we need to get together and have a chat face to face as hiding behind user names is not always good or going at it on the forum is not good. I want to try and help and make the club better and the practice nights just one or two a month should be poss some how. Sometimes people do forget they had to start somewhere and us slow nuptys are pleeding to get some halfway ground here.
So lets try and work together on this and make it a great club.

Andy
Just re-read this- I don't really think I'm hiding behind my user name, as most of it is my name!

My feedback
Old 15-11-2011

I do agree with what scotty and Chris are saying I have been attending the club now for about 5/6 weeks and still feel rather left out. I allways help to build the track but can't allways stay to pack away and I feel kind off uncomfortable in leaving early. Also I try and Marshall every race to make up for not packing up but nobody else seems to bother marshalling and it kind off gets to you. As a newby I think your left to do this as nobody else can be bothered and if they don't you will..
Old 15-11-2011
oOple Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by a8jpn View Post
I do agree with what scotty and Chris are saying I have been attending the club now for about 5/6 weeks and still feel rather left out. I allways help to build the track but can't allways stay to pack away and I feel kind off uncomfortable in leaving early. Also I try and Marshall every race to make up for not packing up but nobody else seems to bother marshalling and it kind off gets to you. As a newby I think your left to do this as nobody else can be bothered and if they don't you will..
Can't agree more, hence I'm trying to get things sorted (eg getting the track down earlier etc) As a small club we don't have the luxury of being able to have a "beginners" heat as such, there just aren't enough drivers full stop. But there is no excuse for the experienced racers not to be marshalling or helping in other ways.

One thing though, I get there early and set up, I marshall every heat, and I pack up at the end, so saying "nobody else seems to bother" is a little unfair.

Please don't feel uncomfortable about leaving early, I'd rather you left early and happy than leaving feeling pissed off at how the night has gone.

My feedback
Old 17-11-2011

I would just like to say what a great night it was at Mansfield. Let keep it up guys loads of advice was on hand. I know I am not a great driver but after trying some different tires from Gareths durango it helped me with my setup so more track time and change a few things should get my sc truck working better.

Andy
Old 14-02-2012
oOple Advertiser

Well I know it's chuffing cold still but we managed to keep the club running over the winter, and get some new racers involved so a big pat on the back to us all!

new ramps and features are in the pipeline, and it's been nice to see the buggies go from being literally just me on my own, to 4 regular heats worth in the last year!

Let's keep up the good work ;-)

My feedback