Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Team Associated

Old 13-03-2008

Default On road tyres

Now that i have sort of mastered gluing tyres, does any one know if you can fit any more 'on road tyres' to original wheels. Not to race on road but to practise in car park with...i.e some that would last ages! Back in the day I recall my boomerang tyres, albeit spiked lasted a while.
Any block style pattern?
Old 13-03-2008

I asked a similar question and was recommended Proline Dirt Hawg's. I bought a set and certainly while they last a long time they arent as low profile as regular tyres and they dont grip as well as pin / spike.

I found they make the car handle very differently and basically not much fun to drive on road. Having said that they are deigned for multi terrain / surface.

I sympathise though as you can shred £15 of tires no time on a car park, I think the problem is todays cells and motors are just so much more powerful than 'back in the day' !
Old 13-03-2008

Panther have slicks for Buggys... I have two pairs at home, but I have to say that they do NOT work at the tarmac I have outside my house. But it could be the tarmacs fault, because its really old and slippery!
Old 13-03-2008
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

the kit ribs will be great up front, and will last ages.

I ran Proline Bow-Tie on the rear, though the pin/spike wore out pretty fast, they still gripped really well as slick and felt really brilliant to drive with.

the kit B4 holeshots would be OK too. they don't really work on any other UK track. and even though the spike will wear out quickly they will still give plenty of grip for car park racing.
Old 24-03-2008

I use worn out holeshots. So much traction that it will roll.