Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > Telford Hot Trax

View Poll Results: Will Garry Gregory help build a track?
Yes - Maybe he's not as thick skinned as he makes out, and will take note! 0 0%
No - He's got no conscience, So hell will freeze over first! 3 50.00%
Unlikely - Not whilst others will do it for him! 3 50.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-02-2012

Default Will Gary Gregory EVER HELP build the track?

His driving manages to break the track down, but will he ever help to build it - you decide!

On a lighter note, who's coming racing?
Old 06-02-2012

LMFAO......

When we arrived at the track last Wednesday, i thought he'd spilt his tyre glue on that sofa the way his ar$e was stuck to it

I can feel a weekly poll comin on...
Old 06-02-2012

Smile Could we make the sofa a track feature.

We could put the sofa in the centre of the track lol.
I am in for Wednesday. Any news on the Saturday's yet.
Old 06-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wadep View Post
Any news on the Saturday's yet.
D4ve assures me that he is working on the list of proposed dates...
Old 06-02-2012

And if he remembers them he will drop them in on wednesday night!!
Old 06-02-2012

After many hours of thought, my answer is ..........NO (i didn't really need that long - it's obvious)

Although on reflection he's certainly not alone - there does seem to be quite a few people who think that i/we enjoy building the track (even though i've got work to do on my car), or that for some reason it's our job to do it.
I think what people forget is that it's everyones' club and no-one get's any free nights racing /benefits etc.
What would happen if Daz can't make it one week or goes on holiday for a fortnight - who does the booking in and brings the timing gear?

Next poll needs to be - "who thinks they don't need to marshall"
Old 07-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazzler View Post
His driving manages to break the track down,
my driving aint that bad

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldDog View Post
LMFAO......

When we arrived at the track last Wednesday, i thought he'd spilt his tyre glue on that sofa the way his ar$e was stuck to it
pmsl , think i knocked it over on your table nere your beer cans they seem to be stuck in your hand

Quote:
Originally Posted by afun1979 View Post

Although on reflection he's certainly not alone
well thank you Andy

if you did use the sofa/arm chair as race features the marshalls would have a seat and may solve the problem

I seem to have been singled out for a bashing here, you must have tunnel vision as i do over things you just dont seem to notice, nevermind dont listen to me at track and proberly wont pay any attention this after the comments last week about my posts
Old 07-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregors View Post
I seem to have been singled out for a bashing here, you must have tunnel vision as i do over things you just dont seem to notice, nevermind dont listen to me at track and proberly wont pay any attention this after the comments last week about my posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregors View Post
Im on moring again so your have the pleasure of my company on the arm chair
I took note of this post / comment.. ^^^^^^^^^^^

Feel free to prove us wrong and muck in... I'm sorry if I / we have missed the 'Other Things' you do, please bring them to any of the comittee members attention this week and we will take note.

Setting up, Booking In, Race Control, Packing away etc is a tedious job when it is done by the same people week in, week out..

As Andy has pointed out, It's everyones club, and everyone should do there bit to help, not expect it to be done by others. If more people help out, everyone gets an easy time.

If you feel singled out, yes you probably have been, take it in good spirit. But...... TAKE NOTE AND HELP!!!
Old 07-02-2012

your more than welcome to have to other chair, just think it would of been better if you called a drivers meeting and explain to every one at once about how the commitee feel on these issues rather than posting a poll in my honour which i do find quite funny but think best i dont vote, any way think a drivers breafing would be better than this way
Old 07-02-2012

What committee?
This is the whole point, it's just as much your job or my job as the rest of the racers to call a meeting.
Everyone has exactly the same amount of responsability to make sure everyone helps out.

There is no committee that runs the club for everyones elses benefit.
Maybe we introduce club membership and make it mandatory that every member helps out or gets charged extra? Just a thought.
Old 07-02-2012

We have lots of things on the agenda, but as you may or may not of noticed, the people who are doing the majority of the work each week are the committee (or the willing). We have members who help when they are there, that's great and there are some who never help (That's not great) .

The committee are racers too, and once they have done their bit, they then get to sort their racing gear out (I think if I'm on the ball with booking in, I can manage 3 mins of practice - maximum) We all want to tip up, get sorted and enjoy our racing.

The people expected to brief those who can't see they need to help - are busy. Busy running the club for everyone (and racing remember). Our club night is non stop.. Stopping to brief everyone would also delay the proceedings, and some members have a decent journey to get home, or younger members to get home at a reasonable hour. We try to accomodate all. What we don't want to do, is cut short any racing for anyone.

A briefing / set of club rules / expectations for drivers will be put together.. This will be handed out to all who attend. If you or anybody else could help put something together, that would again help. We can put all the important information together. Maybe start a constructive post on here in our club section to bring the neccessary points together.

Our club has more racers now than it's had for a long time.. Lets keep it that way and all do our bit.

In the mean time, may I suggest you tick yes above, and offer your help from this week on.

Also, If you notice anyone else not offering to help, feel free to ask them to do their bit.
Old 07-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazzler View Post
A briefing / set of club rules / expectations for drivers will be put together.. This will be handed out to all who attend. If you or anybody else could help put something together, that would again help. We can put all the important information together. Maybe start a constructive post on here in our club section to bring the neccessary points to ask them.
thats more like it