Track work - update
Well the weather put paid to doing much painting on Sunday, but since myself, Simon, Buds, Johnny and Roger made the track, we discussed and recorded a list of maintenance that needs doing.
Of course this means spending some club funds.
It has been said many times that the track needs some more features as well as a general tidy. The canvas we have is a decent platform to go on and build more features to make it even more attractive to club, regional and hopefully national drivers.
The council are aware of our parking requirements, the area around the track is still to be completed and I have again emailed the council today to obtain details of any plans/sketches. They are supplying electricity to the cabins.
I will keep all posted as I get more details.
The following areas for work were identified. In order of priority;
1. Paint steps and rostrum - Johnny has paint already - This will of course need a dry day, brushes and people power. Please PM JohnnyGibbon with your mobile number if you can assist with this.
2. Paint current track features with suitable astro compatible paint. i.e. the ends of the four cross bumps, the four parallel bumps, the burn inside the tabletop etc - Johnny will be looking to source the suitable paint in Yellow, Blue, Red and White - Specifics TBC when paint purchased
3. Clear the unused items from out of the cabin. i.e.Chairs, metal frames, old BBQ stuff and other bits. - We believe we need a mini skip for this, but if anyone can help out with a large van/pickup please pm Roger. - We will arrange a mini skip if we have no alternative, post the 18th March (indoor) meeting.
4. Build more outdoor sturdy jumps. - Large movable tabletop jump with " Bury Metro " emblazoned on the sides, is a must - We are looking for the joiners amongst us to step up and assist here. - The details of the size etc can be obtained from Roger/Johnny but we are thinking something like 8ft wide with a 6ft table length, but with side panels to display club name and stop cars going under. - Joiners, please PM Roger/Johnny to arrange for purchase of the wood/screws etc required.
The above are considered the most pressing, but we also discussed the following, which will need some more money spent. In no particular order;
5. Concrete the inside burn at the tabletop.
6. Use the raised circle in middle of track as a feature to emblazon the club name in block paving, possibly raising the rear of this circle to create another mound to use as another jump from either direction.
7. Deck the floor of the rostrum to reduce noise down in race control. (see 8)
8. Considered possibility of purchasing another container to be placed on roof of current storage, for elevated race control. This will of course create further storage space below - Johnny happens to have a half size container which could fit the bill (for an agreed price) and would negate the need for no.7.
We also considered same half container being allowed at top of track as per Roger's wishes. - Darren will discuss this with the council to check if either are possible in the first instance.
9. Purchase a large tarpaulin with eyelets, which could be erected each meeting. This will need some welding on the existing rostrum and again will be subject to council agreement. - Any welders or know anyone who could supply the tarpaulin then please pm Darren with details.
This is in know way designed to be an exhaustive list, but it is clear that we need to get on, buy the materials and then all muck in to improve the track.
Please do not use the forum to post anything negative on the above, just PM me or the committee.
Constructive and positive comments always welcomed.
If you think you can't learn anymore, then give up!
but remember only losers give up.
Bury Metro Chairman http://www.bmrcc.co.uk/