PDA

View Full Version : Neil Cragg and Paul Bradby to Use RudeBits C4.1 Chassis


RudeTony
04-05-2012, 12:24 PM
We are happy to announce the following news

http://www.rcracer.com/off-road-electric-articles-112/3983-rudebits-c41-chassis-for-cragg-and-bradby (http://www.rcracer.com/off-road-electric-articles-112/3983-rudebits-c41-chassis-for-cragg-and-bradby)

The 2011 BRCA 2WD National Champion and runner-up have confirmed that they will be using the new 3.2mm thick carbon fibre chassis on their Centro C4.1 cars. Neil Cragg and Paul Bradby dominated the 2011 series with their Centro conversions for the Team Associated B4.1 and will be using the RudeBits carbon fibre chassis starting with the second round of the 2012 series at Robin Hood Raceway next weekend.

The new chassis shown here has been tweaked and refined and is now made from high-quality 3.2mm thick carbon fibre and retains the 30-degree kick-up, chamfering for the wishbone clearance and milled out slot for the motor. It weighs in 80g lighter than a standard chassis allowing optional weight to be placed where needed...... all this adding up to being better over bumps, jumps and allowing just enough flex without distortion.

bigred5765
04-05-2012, 12:42 PM
link doesn't seem to work tony

blue_pinky
04-05-2012, 12:49 PM
rcracer.com seems to be down at the mo...

MattADH
04-05-2012, 12:55 PM
Sorry guys - the Racer website was being updated in the background and there has been a conflict.

Will add a picture - text is as per Tony's post

Matt

MattADH
04-05-2012, 12:57 PM
Photo attached...

MattADH
04-05-2012, 01:01 PM
chassis pic...

MattADH
04-05-2012, 01:54 PM
Back online - sorry for the inconvenience...

http://www.rcracer.com/off-road-electric-articles-112/3983-rudebits-c41-chassis-for-cragg-and-bradby

adey
04-05-2012, 02:09 PM
What's wrong with the standard chassis ?. I know that some say it bends and others argue the team guys don't have that problem but I still think that it's an expensive addition to a already expensive car. What are the reasons the team guys have for not using the chassis that comes in the centro kit. The carbon chassis does look great though.

neil75
04-05-2012, 05:48 PM
Hey tony when will the new 3.2mm thick chassis be available to order?:thumbsup:

andy05
04-05-2012, 06:00 PM
is the new chassis not having the recessed brass weights under the servo and lipos?

RudeTony
04-05-2012, 06:25 PM
Hi yah

The 3.2mm chassis is available now
http://www.rudebits.co.uk/product_info.php?products_id=359 (http://www.rudebits.co.uk/product_info.php?products_id=359)

There won't be any milled out parts and is 80g lighter than the kit one, so you have that 80g to put where you like without making the car too heavy.... :)

Richard Lowe
04-05-2012, 06:42 PM
What are the reasons the team guys have for not using the chassis that comes in the centro kit.
Not everyone is changing at least AFAIK, it's just another option to pursue :)

tony12795
04-05-2012, 10:25 PM
I wonder if CML will explain why there top two drivers are using a after market chassis, which is surpost to be one of the key parts of the car?

I think the chassis has a 25 degree kick up, not 30

Tony

RudeTony
05-05-2012, 06:45 AM
Tony man, you have amended your original post and I am glad but you suprise me with your comments about CML .....
They made a very good conversion kit and Neil, Paul and Tom finished with a 1st, 2nd and 3rd in the UK championships with that very conversion.....in my opinion, that makes your critism harsh to say the least......and congratulations to those lads and CML

I will re-post here what I posted in the other section where really the subject was about the chassis bending and so on....and please note our chassis is not to counteract bending, it's been an option from word go as we feel it is better over bumps, over jumps, it's lighter, it generates more grip and looks sexy too :)

There is nothing wrong the standard C4.1....... If there was no development in our sport then Neil Cragg would still be using the gold tub associated car. Unfortunatetly at the sharp end of competition, it never stands still and this is simply the next stage......
Luckily enough available for everyone :)

tony12795
05-05-2012, 09:13 AM
My comments in the original post were a bit harsh and that post was only up for 2 mins mate and after reading it fully i relised that, this why I removed it. Also the Becks I was drinking did bot help.

In no way is this pointed at Rude bits mate, after Market parts are required for better performance.

But my point is yes they did get 1st 2nd and 3rd with the prototype car not with the now released car, is there an issue with the aluminium chassis, this is all am asking and would like them to comment.

Tony

chuckie stella
05-05-2012, 08:15 PM
I know people let their tongues run wild on here, but let's just get realistic. This chassis is an optional extra! I think the C4.1 has been proven to work as have ALL Rudebits revolutionary products and what's wrong with trying to make it better combining the two. Like shock towers, Tony P. I was honoured to be sent one of these chassis last week (as Tony is a good friend not because I'm a Cragg/Bradders) and it is very different the way the car reacts with the alloy chassis. Buy one Tony P, you might just like it!
Matt

nicmo
26-05-2012, 10:15 AM
humm they dont seem to have used the carbon chassis after checking the pictures from the last BRCA event or have they?

RudeTony
26-05-2012, 11:11 AM
You don't seem to have many posts - you are obviously new- introduce yourself....

gazhillAE
26-05-2012, 06:31 PM
humm they dont seem to have used the carbon chassis after checking the pictures from the last BRCA event or have they?

Ditto!
That's no carbon chassis :thumbsup:

discostu
26-05-2012, 06:44 PM
You don't seem to have many posts - you are obviously new- introduce yourself....

Why would that make any difference and he has a point no carbon in sight

MHeadling
26-05-2012, 09:13 PM
....

nicmo
26-05-2012, 10:56 PM
You don't seem to have many posts - you are obviously new- introduce yourself....

Indeed, i am sorry about that, i might introduce myself soon. I have got one of your chassis for myself, should get here on monday i hope, i am not flaming, just asking.

RudeTony
27-05-2012, 05:07 AM
Sorry, don't know your name. Do you have the NEW 3.2mm chassis as designed for Neil and Paul or the original with pockets?

Gaz, Stu, Mark and others, I only state facts Gents.
When you are a superstar driver like Neil, sometimes decisions are made whether a particular part is used at certain meetings for whatever reason, its not relevant to the facts at the time of posting some news.

By the way, Danny McGee is also now running the chassis and once he put it on his car for the finals, he was lapping in the top 3 lap times of the day. Like I said earlier, just facts at the time of posting

arransmith27
27-05-2012, 06:02 AM
Handling characteristics of the different chassis' aside, Nicmo made a valid point.

It shouldn't matter how long he's been a member of oople for, whether he has introduced himself or not, or even what his name is.

Personally, i felt the response made towards him was rude and unwelcoming.

gazhillAE
27-05-2012, 06:16 AM
Handling characteristics of the different chassis' aside, Nicmo made a valid point.

It shouldn't matter how long he's been a member of oople for, whether he has introduced himself or not, or even what his name is.

Personally, i felt the response made towards him was rude and unwelcoming.

Agreed utterly out of order considering all anyone wanted to know was why it wasn't used. An explanation would be nice ;0)

arransmith27
27-05-2012, 07:22 AM
Yes, agree

It would have been more positive to explain why the standard chassis was used instead of the RB carbon one.

From how i understand this, the RB carbon chassis is a tuning aid which can be used to gain an advantage when needed.

An explanation would have cleared this up and possibly answered a lot of the questions raised in this thread. This would provide useful info on when to use, conditions to use and performance benefits to be gained over the standard chassis when using the RB one

I'm not trying to have a go, but I think Tony was a bit harsh with his first response to Nicmo.

I've used Rudebits products for a number of years, and have always found the quality and service to be excellent. Can only think that Tony was having a bad with his first response lol

jimmyfish
27-05-2012, 03:21 PM
Totally agree, comment was bang out of order. Wots it got to do if your new??

Tony t shame on you!

Think you should apologise! And quickly!

discostu
27-05-2012, 03:33 PM
Totally agree, comment was bang out of order. Wots it got to do if your new??

Tony t shame on you!

Think you should apologise! And quickly!

Agreed

discostu
27-05-2012, 03:36 PM
Anyway carbon or Alu the pros clearly like Alu which is a result it saves me some cash.

Stu.

Adam F
27-05-2012, 03:39 PM
Come on... mountain out of molehill springs to mind..!

I too find it a bit odd that a first post from a new user is a real flamer...

Darren Boyle
27-05-2012, 06:11 PM
Guys, give Tony a break eh? There is a LOT more to this than meets the eye and is known by the general public....

A deal was done for the guys named at the start of this thread to run the RB chassis and now that they are here and available the "powers to be" who sponsor these chaps have said no to it, as simple as that, is the reason they are not running them.

It would not be the first time on oOple that someone has logged on with a new "ficticous" account and new usename purely to wind someone or a stituation up and I am sure Tony felt this was the case since it was the guys first ever post. I have been with Tont most of the day at the SHRCCC regional and I am sure he will come along and add something approriate when he gets home and has time...

I am not connected to Tony or Rudebits or in any way and in fact often "have words" with the old man myself from time to time (just a few days ago in fact about the qualifying method we chose at the DMS regional last weekend) but please understand there was far more to it than met the eye here on this occassion.......

InsideLineModels
27-05-2012, 06:24 PM
Guys, give Tony a break eh? There is a LOT more to this than meets the eye and is known by the general public....

A deal was done for the guys named at the start of this thread to run the RB chassis and now that they are here and available the "powers to be" who sponsor these chaps have said no to it, as simple as that, is the reason they are not running them.

It would not be the first time on oOple that someone has logged on with a new "ficticous" account and new usename purely to wind someone or a stituation up and I am sure Tony felt this was the case since it was the guys first ever post. I have been with Tont most of the day at the SHRCCC regional and I am sure he will come along and add something approriate when he gets home and has time...

I am not connected to Tony or Rudebits or in any way and in fact often "have words" with the old man myself from time to time (just a few days ago in fact about the qualifying method we chose at the DMS regional last weekend) but please understand there was far more to it than met the eye here on this occassion.......

I was going to say something here to explain where Tony was coming from in his reply, but it looks like Darren has already summed it up!

Sometimes Darren speaks real sense, even if he gets the qualifying method wrong! Haha :lol:

Kev

Darren Boyle
27-05-2012, 06:26 PM
I was going to say something here to explain where Tony was coming from in his reply, but it looks like Darren has already summed it up!

Sometimes Darren speaks real sense, even if he gets the qualifying method wrong! Haha :lol:

Kev

Who asked you anyway!! LOL

(FTD all the way!!! :p)

arransmith27
27-05-2012, 06:34 PM
Regardless, Nicmo didn't deserve to receive such a terse response to stating a simple fact.

Simple manners cost nothing at the end of the day

Maybe i'm just old fashioned (which isn't a bad thing i suppose)

jimmyfish
27-05-2012, 06:40 PM
Guys, give Tony a break eh? There is a LOT more to this than meets the eye and is known by the general public....

A deal was done for the guys named at the start of this thread to run the RB chassis and now that they are here and available the "powers to be" who sponsor these chaps have said no to it, as simple as that, is the reason they are not running them.

It would not be the first time on oOple that someone has logged on with a new "ficticous" account and new usename purely to wind someone or a stituation up and I am sure Tony felt this was the case since it was the guys first ever post. I have been with Tont most of the day at the SHRCCC regional and I am sure he will come along and add something approriate when he gets home and has time...

I am not connected to Tony or Rudebits or in any way and in fact often "have words" with the old man myself from time to time (just a few days ago in fact about the qualifying method we chose at the DMS regional last weekend) but please understand there was far more to it than met the eye here on this occassion.......

Y should we give tony t a break? All nicmo did was state a fact and asked a question. Tonys responce was bang out of order.

Yes tony t is well known and well respected throught rc, but when you come out with comments like that, makes you think.

arransmith27
27-05-2012, 06:51 PM
Why should he get a break - he was balantly f*****g rude.

End of, that is all

mattybucks
27-05-2012, 07:25 PM
To be honest Tony's a really nice guy, he does on occasion voice his opinion :o as we all do. Tony's a great ambassador for the hobby, and it'll be a worse place without him, well it would be for all you C4.1 owners!

We also all post threads on the heat of the moment that people can at times take offence to. Tony's thread is no real big deal, it just makes forums like oople great.

spenner
27-05-2012, 07:54 PM
Am i missing a post here ????

Tony was straight to the point with his reply, nothing that bad... (it was one of the first post's the guy made)

Yet some of you guys are making out he has totally abused the guy, get a grip keyboard warriors!!!

As has been said Danny McGee used the chassis, only Cragg and Bradders can say why they didn't.

spenner
27-05-2012, 08:01 PM
Y should we give tony t a break? All nicmo did was state a fact and asked a question. Tonys responce was bang out of order.

Yes tony t is well known and well respected throught rc, but when you come out with comments like that, makes you think!


Firstly you clearly don't know Tony T!!!! So, how can you comment on someone you don't know ?? He posted one sentence!!

Secondly, names start with capitals!! Can be classed as disrespect.... makes you think.......... clueless!!!

mikeyscott
27-05-2012, 08:11 PM
I know Tony and he's a super helpful, polite guy and someone I'd class as a friend..

Some of the comments here are just rude.

mattybucks
27-05-2012, 08:11 PM
Am i missing a post here ????

Tony was straight to the point with his reply, nothing that bad... (it was one of the first post's the guy made)

Yet some of you guys are making out he has totally abused the guy, get a grip keyboard warriors!!!

As has been said Danny McGee used the chassis, only Cragg and Bradders can say why they didn't.

Totally agree mate.

Darren Boyle
27-05-2012, 08:18 PM
Jimmy/Aaran, you miss my point, with the "politics" that surround why the chassis is not being used by those named at the start of this thread, I think it is safe to say that Tony E (not sure who Tony T is? It is not Truman here we are talking about) had very reasonable doubt that Nicmo was a "genuine" new user of the forum (but more likely an exisiting member joining as an alias purely to wind up the situation "for fun and kicks") now if that is NOT the case then I am sure Tony will correct himself, but other than ask for an "introduction" from what he considered could well be a dubious new user he has not exactly insulted or ripped into the guy??!!??

Like I said before, their is so much the public dont know here so please dont draw conclusions.....

nicmo
27-05-2012, 08:27 PM
Dear lord... lol

Guys, chill... Tony was not rude, back off. I am sorry that the first time i felt the need to post here was to "let a cat out of the bag" but its not that bad of a question if you consider that i did just got one of these chassis for myself, the new one.

Seeing that Neil and Paul decided not to use it, going against what is advertised in this post, i would like to know why from someone that knows, namely Tony, i guess that you know mate. That information would help me in similar situations.

arransmith27
27-05-2012, 08:33 PM
I still think the response was a bit un-just, whether it is a new member, somebody on a wind up mission or whatever.

Sometimes it's better not to take the bait than bite back

As said previously, i've used rudebits in the past and the service and products have been great.

Clearly i seem to have rubbed some people up the wrong way with what i feel to be good manners and respect for other users of oople.

I've been racing since 1987, and certainly am not in the game of pee ing people off.

Sorry if my opinions have offended

spenner
27-05-2012, 08:35 PM
Nicmo...

You have not done anything wrong, you asked a valid question. Sadly i feel no matter who asked it, may have been given the same reply.

If you want answers from Tony then pm him.

Sadly some people like to jump on thread's as they don't get out much ,and then turn it into a pantomime.

spenner
27-05-2012, 08:54 PM
Who is next on stage ???

Battle_axe
27-05-2012, 09:27 PM
Can i play...?

look guys i am sure tony will explain all when he can... I have had words with Tony before but this man deserves some respect for a beautiful product he has made.
It seems it is CML that is the issue here not tony or the drivers and i am sure in time it will come to light. My view is Tony has the right idea here with a carbon chasiss as the ali is just not ever going to work. (see fabs/myself and others in a different thread for our reasons)

so once again handbags down people.

Belsten
27-05-2012, 10:03 PM
I'll tell you what ...........

Freakypen
27-05-2012, 10:13 PM
My god-what a mess this thread is!
Anyhow...

I think it comes down to the fact that maybe ppl feel mislead(?) or confused (which is understandable)- first seeing the announcement of Cragg and Bradders as going to be running the Rudebits chassis-then at the following national-neither of them are.

I don't know the ins and outs of it with their sponsorship etc but I would have imagined it would have been cleared with CML (or whoever)to run the chassis before making an announcement.

Just my opinion of course-but regardless, if you feel you personally will go faster with the Rudebits chassis-then go buy one. As has been already stated on here-it is only an option. :)
Now exiting stage left....!

mark christopher
27-05-2012, 10:17 PM
Can i play...?

look guys i am sure tony will explain all when he can... I have had words with Tony before but this man deserves some respect for a beautiful product he has made.
It seems it is CML that is the issue here not tony or the drivers and i am sure in time it will come to light. My view is Tony has the right idea here with a carbon chasiss as the ali is just not ever going to work. (see fabs/myself and others in a different thread for our reasons)

so once again handbags down people.

So alloy won't work? Best tell craggy http://www.oople.com/rc/photos/2012national-rhr/

RogerM
28-05-2012, 11:47 AM
Dear lord... lol

Guys, chill... Tony was not rude, back off. I am sorry that the first time i felt the need to post here was to "let a cat out of the bag" but its not that bad of a question if you consider that i did just got one of these chassis for myself, the new one.

Seeing that Neil and Paul decided not to use it, going against what is advertised in this post, i would like to know why from someone that knows, namely Tony, i guess that you know mate. That information would help me in similar situations.

Welcome to oOple, unfortunately this sort of thing is all too common on forums and you have to be SUPER careful how you respond as what seems fine to one person is offensive to another.

I'm glad your not offended by Tony's response (which read ok to me I must say) and I am sure that if you PM'd him he'd give you the information he can (some might not be for the public domain though).

Tony has always been a gent and a great spokesman for the sport (and he's not affraid to speak out which is refressing) and a guy I consider a personal friend.
There might be a delay in Tony responding though as he is up to his ears in DB1s etc & is about to go on holiday.

To that end it might be worth contacting Danny Magee, he's a top driver, very friendly and will be able to give you the lowdown on how & why he would chose the RudeBits chassis over the original alloy one along with his own real world experiences of it. Also as he isn't CML sponsored (I bleieve) he would be impartial too.

Hope you gett the information you need either way.

Battle_axe
28-05-2012, 12:09 PM
So alloy won't work? Best tell craggy http://www.oople.com/rc/photos/2012national-rhr/
ok then.. it wont stay straight and that means it will not handle the same again even if you bend it back each time

Neil Skull
28-05-2012, 12:50 PM
You don't seem to have many posts - you are obviously new- introduce yourself....

I have read this several times and fail to see how this is being rude.:yawn:

mark christopher
28-05-2012, 03:36 PM
ok then.. it wont stay straight and that means it will not handle the same again even if you bend it back each time
even with the new braces? odd how you mention fabs as he did an alloy chassis conversion

Battle_axe
28-05-2012, 04:01 PM
even with the new braces? odd how you mention fabs as he did an alloy chassis conversion

Its a different concept fabs with his gorgeous mcs has a chasiss like the vega that is braced with the side pods... The new parts for the c4.1 must make the car handle diferently as they will remove the front to back flex this could be a good thing however you can still bend the chasiss although it would have to be a twist put into this is allot hatder to do as the cells will brace the car in effect

RudeTony
28-05-2012, 04:15 PM
WOW!
I am really confused what has gone on here and why in earth this has kicked off in this way …..
A quick recap of what I said: “You don't seem to have many posts” (first post) – “you are obviously new” (fact) – “introduce yourself” (what is wrong with that?)

NICMO made a first post with an observation that is a touchy point to say the least…….I genuinely thought that NICMO is just someone making a new id to ask the question…… I openly admit that I didn’t think NICMO was or actually is a genuine person on this forum, so I asked who he was.
Nothing more or less….surely I am allowed to ask that question!!
I actually didn’t think I was rude at all….I just asked for an introduction to who it is asking a question
NICMO stated he is a customer of mine so I then asked what product he has so I can help further.

Anyway, it’s all there for everyone to see……but the following posts??
rude and unwelcoming Post no24
Agreed utterly out of order Post no25
Tony t shame on you! Think you should apologise! And quickly! Post no27
Agreed Post no28
bang out of order. Plus deletions by Col Post no35
he was balantly f*****g rude Post no36
response was a bit un-just Post no44

Mmmmm!! I am very disappointed at those comments but there you have it.
Anyway, NICMO, I apologise if I have offended you in any way, and it certainly was not intended.
I also apologise to all those that may think I am all of the above too……


The thread was originally about Neil and Paul running the RudeBits Carbon 3.2mm Chassis and I for one understand that once the announcement was made, to see photos of their cars at the National without that seems odd.
You guys have no idea how I felt when I turned up at the RHR National and found out that very morning, that the lads were not running the product that was clearly made for them at an obvious expense and time!!!
This Chassis was produced as an option that we know from our stopwatch is faster then the standard one everywhere we tested; this was verified when more testing was done hence Neil and Paul agreed to run the chassis.
However as is often the case in racing, top Team Drivers have to comply with their main sponsors requirements, even at the expense of speed.

nicmo
28-05-2012, 06:24 PM
However as is often the case in racing, top Team Drivers have to comply with their main sponsors requirements, even at the expense of speed.

If this was the real reason behind their choice then i understand and it also makes me a happy camper :) Thank you Tony.

chuckie stella
28-05-2012, 10:45 PM
Good response, Tony.

I've got a considerably smaller bottom lip resisting the temptation to reply to these individuals who will never know or understand what you do for our sport that we all love. You don't need to justify yourself as without the likes of you, Mr Worsley and Wyman but to name a few our section wouldn't be at the strength it is now!

I like the fact you like a bit of banter and will very rarely back down but that makes you who you are.

Don't let this thread put you down pal and enjoy a well deserved break!!! :thumbsup:

Matt

mark christopher
29-05-2012, 08:22 AM
Tony my deleted post was not directed at you, it was at Spencer who had also called u tony t without correcting it.

Known u for years now and see from fb you have even more of a problem than toy cars so thoughts with u mate

mark christopher
31-05-2012, 12:18 PM
had a few ask what im talking about re above, well the time tony posted on here his last reply, he had sufferd a fire at his house......

Chrislong
31-05-2012, 12:43 PM
Hope Tony and his family are okay and nobody hurt! :o

Wupding
31-05-2012, 04:26 PM
:o:(

Sorry to see that Tony

Hope you and the family are ok

Best Wishes

Wez

big_whyman
31-05-2012, 07:05 PM
Good response, Tony.

I've got a considerably smaller bottom lip resisting the temptation to reply to these individuals who will never know or understand what you do for our sport that we all love. You don't need to justify yourself as without the likes of you, Mr Worsley and Wyman but to name a few our section wouldn't be at the strength it is now!

I like the fact you like a bit of banter and will very rarely back down but that makes you who you are.

Don't let this thread put you down pal and enjoy a well deserved break!!! :thumbsup:

Matt

Whyman :thumbsup:

maduff
31-05-2012, 07:18 PM
Sorry to see this picture, it's sad to see a part of his life in smoke.
I hope that health is good. Good luck to you all!


Eric

chuckie stella
31-05-2012, 07:21 PM
Whyman :thumbsup:

I realised that as soon as I did it!! :p

I meant you of course not the old man :lol:

Belsten
31-05-2012, 07:32 PM
I always thought people were mocking a geordie accent when they said why aye man
Didnt think that was the old mans actual name
:lol: