PDA

View Full Version : Esc and Motor


h0m3sy
10-05-2012, 08:16 PM
What is everyone using for esc and motor? I'm thinking of getting a 1/8th electric car as our local club is allowing these cars to run alongside the nitro's. Any help or advice much appreciated.

Regards
David

MHeadling
10-05-2012, 08:23 PM
I use a Hobbywing 80a and a 2200kv motor on 4s in my losi 8 and it goes very well!

If your feeling flush the Tekin RX8 and a 1700/1900kv motor is a nice combo

There are loads of Hobbywing combos on eBay or giantcod, go for the 120a of you can.

Jamie.T
10-05-2012, 08:33 PM
As above, the XErun system by hobbywing is fantastic value for money. I ran this system all of last season and it never missed a beat.

Currently just £113 delivered on eBay, and they usually arrive in under a week.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HOBBYWING-XERUN-2250KV-4168SL-Brushless-Motor-80A-ESC-LCD-Card-EC083-/110873911683?pt=UK_ToysGames_RadioControlled_JN&hash=item19d099a183#ht_5771wt_880

h0m3sy
11-05-2012, 09:22 PM
Has or does anyone run the LRP combo in their car?

eyeayen
12-05-2012, 08:25 AM
I've not seen the LRP running yet, Radio Race Car magazine did a review of it an issue or 2 ago, was very favorable towards it.

I've seen Tekin systems run more than any other though.

jasjeet
12-05-2012, 02:23 PM
Better to pay £10 for sensored XErun?

h0m3sy
13-05-2012, 06:00 PM
I've not seen the LRP running yet, Radio Race Car magazine did a review of it an issue or 2 ago, was very favorable towards it.

I've seen Tekin systems run more than any other though.

Yes, I read that review, it's what swayed it for me actually. :thumbsup:

eyeayen
14-05-2012, 03:43 PM
I always used LRP in my TC's and for that reason I'd go with it, if I convert my Agama to electric or I get another to use as Electric that's what I'll get.

A lot more manufacturers are coming out with them now, I saw an advert for a Nosram 8th one the other day ( I think it was anyway, it began with an N so either Nosram or Novak :lol: ).

badger5
15-05-2012, 01:40 AM
I think one of the attractions to the Tekin RX8 is the tune ability via the hotwire, with this you can download 7 different custom profiles and switch between them without using a laptop. With the torque control, adjustable brake strength and timing advance/boost/turbo means that you can adjust it to how you want, like have one profile for qualifying heats and then another for finals. With the power of these 1/8th electric set ups this can come in handy.
With the LRP some people are put off with the need to use bullet connectors on the ESC, you cannot solder the wires on.

Chris Doughty
15-05-2012, 12:12 PM
I've not seen the LRP running yet, Radio Race Car magazine did a review of it an issue or 2 ago, was very favorable towards it.

I've seen Tekin systems run more than any other though.

Hello All,

I used the LRP system in my DEX408 at the Truggy/Electric 8th scale nationals

it ran perfectly reliably the was really smooth to drive, quite useful with electric 8th scale on dirt

I ran the ix8 speedo and the 2000kv motor.

I use the standard bullet connectors on the speedo, zero issue with those too

jayst
15-05-2012, 12:20 PM
i run the rx8 and 1900kv tekin in my dex408 . faultless :thumbsup:

h0m3sy
15-05-2012, 05:14 PM
Esc and Motor arrived today, I love the way there is no soldering to be done. Totally pug and play. Just waiting on my batteries arriving now and I'm good to go :thumbsup: