PDA

View Full Version : Robitronic Overloader and Trakpower v-balance question (marc christopher??)


markwilliamson2001
20-04-2008, 07:26 PM
Hey up peeps,

I have my trakpower packs, and v-balancer, so thought I would dig them out tonight to see whats what, and give them a charge with my repaired overloader charger, AND the v-balancer.

I hook up the balancer to the charger, and switch the charger on. I then connect the battery to the balancer, and the balancer checks out the cells okay. I then activate link mode (to enable charging) on the balancer, then start the charging manually.

The charger then complains that a battery is not connected. I retried this 3 times with still no luck. I then removed said balancer, and just connected the battery straight onto the charger. The pack then charges up fine with no problems.

I presume that the balancer is not compatible with charger?? Or am I doing something wrong?

Hope someone can help
Cheers,
Mark

mark christopher
21-04-2008, 08:11 AM
click the link here www.takpower.co.uk (http://www.takpower.co.uk) and goto the balancer / balancing does it look like that in the set up.
the blancer is comatable with any charger
ill pm you my number call me tonight

JCJC
21-04-2008, 08:21 AM
Perhaps ........http://www.trakpower.com/

markwilliamson2001
21-04-2008, 08:25 AM
Thanks so far guys. Sorted it in the end.

Had a look at the setup on trakpowers website at the chargers setup. Copied it and it now works. Thanks for the help. I had setup the balancer according to the instructions with the balancer, which do not show the leads plugged in the top of the balancer harness.

ALL WORKING NOW!

Thanks
Mark

mark christopher
21-04-2008, 10:16 AM
good easier to show you a pic than describe it


pleased your finally up and running

mark

Hog
24-04-2008, 11:15 AM
I had a similar problem last night using my Intellipeak Ice - it wouldn't detect the battery using the V Balancer (first time out with LiPo).

Tried a second balancer and it was fine, so looks like I just had a duff one :thumbdown:

At least my LHS are replacing it FOC. :thumbsup: