PDA

View Full Version : C4.1 Rear suspension blocks


RobW
14-05-2012, 03:23 PM
Anyone know of anyone making any C4.1 rear suspension blocks out of a harder wearing material?

The pivot holes in mine seemed to wear quite badly over the first few meetings and then remained about the same. Not sure how much it is affecting the handling (seems fine to me but then I've got very average thumbs ability) but it can't be helping having variable rear toe-in.

Rob

Dudders
14-05-2012, 03:27 PM
Just noticed mine have a fair bit of play as well. Not sure if it's the plastic wishbones or not, but I'd be interested to know if cream, Trish or even CML are selling them?

RudeTony
14-05-2012, 03:40 PM
mmmm!!

Richard Lowe
14-05-2012, 03:45 PM
A tip I can give for this is to threadlock the front end of the pins into the front block to stop them moving within the block. If you keep the pins static and have the wishbone move around them you eliminate the blocks wearing :)

tony12795
14-05-2012, 06:07 PM
That's a good idea that mr Lowe.....

I guess the blocks could be made of a more durable material, aluminium is way to soft. I really like the Kyosho and Durango idea using the plastic cups with different letters on for different toe and AS.

T

Richard Lowe
14-05-2012, 06:59 PM
It's the design rather than the material, to allow the rear block to be flipped and change the antisquat the holes are drilled slightly oversized and the hingepins sit in the holes at an angle.

This is good because it lets you use the same blocks yet still have different setup options, but means the contact area between the pins and holes is a fair bit smaller than usual so any wear will be faster. If you threadlock the hingepins the blocks will never get sloppy :)

RobW
14-05-2012, 07:53 PM
A tip I can give for this is to threadlock the front end of the pins into the front block to stop them moving within the block. If you keep the pins static and have the wishbone move around them you eliminate the blocks wearing :)

Thanks Richard, I'll give it a go:)

Cheers

Rob

Matt Butcher
16-05-2012, 09:24 AM
this is what you need! they were made for me by a friend who did front and rear ones for me for a favor and wont sell them. :wub

rednoise
22-05-2012, 01:14 PM
I talked to Cream since the beginning of centro's release to do this parts.He refused , so I think he'll never do them.

you can add screws to fix the hinge pins :
(4-40 @ the front , 2-56 @ the rear)
http://img51.imageshack.us/img51/4578/img1306ft.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/51/img1306ft.jpg/)


Or fill the holes with this before mounting :
http://www.google.fr/imgres?q=sader+ni+clou+ni+vis&hl=fr&sa=X&biw=1350&bih=675&tbm=isch&prmd=imvns&tbnid=6cGqyYXo3zQY1M:&imgrefurl=http://shopping.cherchons.com/r/colle-contact-neoprene-sader-gel.html&docid=bL2Xvri16Geq0M&imgurl=http://img5.cherchons.com/marchand/www.welcomeoffice.com/WO_Products_Images/XLarge/727929.jpg&w=400&h=400&ei=1JC7T4CkH-WT0QW6kqmjCA&zoom=1

Cream
22-05-2012, 04:00 PM
It's not really a case of refusing rednoise, more a case of not putting out something I'm not happy with. Richard Lowe hit the nail on the head, it's the design rather than the material.
I've looked at alternatives, but there just isn't the room to do what I'd like to do.

rednoise
22-05-2012, 05:23 PM
oOps , sorry Noel I didn't want to sound unpleasant.
Everyone know you're very cool guy and you helped me many times.
All my apologises for havin been indistinct.
:blush:

Cream
22-05-2012, 05:46 PM
oOps , sorry Noel I didn't want to sound unpleasant.
Everyone know you're very cool guy and you helped me many times.
All my apologises for havin been indistinct.
:blush:


It's cool Red, Just wanted to make sure you knew it was nothing personal that I turned you down on this design. All's good :thumbsup:

rednoise
22-05-2012, 06:02 PM
:thumbsup: