View Full Version : Stoner to retire
nobby
17-05-2012, 05:06 PM
Casey stoner has announced he will retire at the end of the season.
Didn't expect that.
Brewskie
17-05-2012, 05:44 PM
What? He's hardly been in GP really, must be a reason for this
Adam F
17-05-2012, 05:51 PM
Must be his 6th or 7th season, but he hasn't been the most healthy rider..
Shame though...
nobby
17-05-2012, 05:54 PM
Who will get the Honda ride next year then?
Adam F
17-05-2012, 06:11 PM
Vale? Would be his best bet for a decent last result...
Chequered Flag Racing
17-05-2012, 06:15 PM
wonder if Crutchlow knows?
Mike Haswell
17-05-2012, 06:46 PM
There are quite a few riders whose contracts are up at the end of the season. HRC were instrumental in placing Bradl and Bautista with their teams.
Chequered Flag Racing
17-05-2012, 06:48 PM
Casey stoner has announced he will retire at the end of the season.
Be the wife nagging him how dangerous it is and he has a child to care for now :lol:
eyeayen
17-05-2012, 08:07 PM
He's had a lot of issues with arm pump that he hasn't seemed to be able to resolve.
I wonder if Honda would want Dovi back ?
Rossi always used to do well on the Honda, shame he's not doing so great at the minute though ?
wes j.
17-05-2012, 09:09 PM
Be the wife nagging him how dangerous it is and he has a child to care for now :lol:
You wouldn't mind getting nagged at by her. She's Bang Tidy :lol:.
Samspeed1
18-05-2012, 02:41 AM
I think the only option for Honda is Marc Marquez.
fidspeed
18-05-2012, 09:47 AM
Maverick Vinales :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: (probably spelt it wrong cos i'm a dunce)
fid
Crash
18-05-2012, 10:24 AM
The lad's done alright for himself - wish I could have retired at 26!!
Going to be a big loss to the paddock though, and the aussies now only have Anthony West in moto2 as a full time rider. I have read that Chris Vermulen has replaced the injured Colin Edwards though on the Suter CRT.
Chequered Flag Racing
18-05-2012, 10:36 AM
I have read that Chris Vermulen has replaced the injured Colin Edwards though on the Suter CRT.
Just while Edwards recovers I believe
eyeayen
18-05-2012, 12:35 PM
Going to be a big loss to the paddock though
Have you ever met Casey ? I met him once, a friend saw him a few times at different rounds in different countries. He always came across as rude and not interested in speaking to anyone. I can't believe he was having a bad day every time. I've met countless riders over the years and all of them have been really cool and nice people, Colin Edwards especially !
badger5
18-05-2012, 01:34 PM
It will be interesting who HRC will replace hime with, especially as the MotoGP rules state that the factory teams cannot hire a rookie. So that counts out Vinales and Marquez, perhaps they will bump Bradl upto the factory team? Or maybe even Cal will get the ride, unlikely though I think. I can't think of many other riders that will get the ride except Bautista perhaps? Especially with Alberto Puig trying to run the show and dominate the politics, but I bet that Pedrosa will be a bit bemused and left with no more excuses.
One thing for sure is that the series will loose a very fast rider and hard competitor, even if Vale did screw his brain a bit at Laguna Seca.
terry.sc
14-09-2013, 03:39 PM
Looks like Casey Stoner has found a new class to race in.:thumbsup:
https://sphotos-a-sjc.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/1235012_478304722277455_934863205_n.jpg
https://sphotos-b-sjc.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc3/1234823_542078842531512_1463499847_n.jpg
https://sphotos-a-sjc.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/1185848_542079589198104_1042252236_n.jpg
In R/C Champ, Japan.
https://sphotos-b-sjc.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/1173888_691983780829188_1390332550_n.jpg
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.