PDA

View Full Version : Weekend Racing


Brewskie
18-05-2012, 10:25 PM
As a newbie I'm trying to get as much practise as I can for racing so does anyone know of any clubs open this weekend?

Rhum51
19-05-2012, 09:43 AM
are you goint to south shields for the regional racing?
will be my first proper race tomorrow with my vantage!

chris68nufc
19-05-2012, 06:51 PM
South shields regional, you can join the BRCA on the day I'm sure!?

It's the only way to learn, be there for 8.00am

Brewskie
19-05-2012, 07:20 PM
are you goint to south shields for the regional racing?
will be my first proper race tomorrow with my vantage! with your vantage u got any ideas about making the turning circle tighter?

Rhum51
19-05-2012, 09:48 PM
not yet but if its a problem, i'll have a good look tomorrow!

Rhum51
20-05-2012, 09:01 PM
Well.... it was a bit of a problem but since it was my first race i didn't tinker with the car too much.... i mainly wanted the track time for the experience.
looking at the front knuckle i adjusted the link to the closest hole to the wheel hub... made only a little improvement IMO.
next: i need a different servo, the stock one is far too slow comparing to what I've seen. might also want to get a stronger servo and adjust the links even closer to the wheel hub.
this should improve it.

Brewskie
20-05-2012, 09:18 PM
I'll have to have a look into 2moro but have to wait til new motor arrived as think the shaft is bent on it cos I keep stripping spur gear at moment

Robin A
20-05-2012, 09:26 PM
Sorry for breaking your wheel when I was dashing for the line. :blush:

Rhum51
20-05-2012, 09:55 PM
Sorry for breaking your wheel when I was dashing for the line. :blush:

nothing to worry... i've had a great day! :)