neallewis
31-05-2012, 07:33 PM
I broke a ball stud in my B4.1 FT stock plastic A hub tower, which left the shaft in the hole I use, that I can't extract with out killing the part.
http://www.teamassociated.com/pictures/products/9872/9872_md.jpg
Rather than buy another one, and maybe it happen again, I ordered the Avid CF rear Hub tower set (AV1013), which arrived this morning:
http://www.avidrc.com/shop/images/products/large_418_AV1013-Carbon-Tower.jpg
It looks a good quality product, and features A and C holes. A-holes (huh huh), match up to what I want to use, but I've seen that quite a few of the pros are using C holes on their setups. Now i understand the C holes are lower, but from a forum post I googled, you also need to cut down the rear U brace to use them correctly, and the info on how to cut them comes with the team AE graphite C tower set:
http://www.teamassociated.com/pictures/products/9873/9873_md.jpg
http://www.teamassociated.com/parts/details/9873/
So my question is, when to use the C holes, and what U brace mods to I need to do? Has anyone had success or failure with this setup?
http://www.teamassociated.com/pictures/products/9872/9872_md.jpg
Rather than buy another one, and maybe it happen again, I ordered the Avid CF rear Hub tower set (AV1013), which arrived this morning:
http://www.avidrc.com/shop/images/products/large_418_AV1013-Carbon-Tower.jpg
It looks a good quality product, and features A and C holes. A-holes (huh huh), match up to what I want to use, but I've seen that quite a few of the pros are using C holes on their setups. Now i understand the C holes are lower, but from a forum post I googled, you also need to cut down the rear U brace to use them correctly, and the info on how to cut them comes with the team AE graphite C tower set:
http://www.teamassociated.com/pictures/products/9873/9873_md.jpg
http://www.teamassociated.com/parts/details/9873/
So my question is, when to use the C holes, and what U brace mods to I need to do? Has anyone had success or failure with this setup?