View Full Version : Big E X6 EPR Nat. Setup pls?
Good to see X6 back at sharp end of A final, nice one. Any chance of setup post please? I'm going to be trying e-speed hangers finally.
YoungChazz
11-06-2012, 11:57 AM
Always great to see The Big E where he belongs in the standings.
Ellis has been away on holiday with the family. Give him time to settle back in. He'll answer soon.
Any one know where to put the weight in a x6 using lipos in a t formation and how much weight ?
markwilliamson2001
11-06-2012, 12:18 PM
I was using the Saddle Lipo Setup in my X6 from the start, so ran less weight behind the Servo. With the Stick pack across the back of the car, you will need more weight behind the servo in that position, maybe more under the speedo as well.
Check Arno's pages in the Xfactory Setups section for more details. I am sure on the grass/astro track from the euros a few years back (bilbao), Ellis ran stick pack lipo across the back of the chassis.
Hope this helps.
Not a stick pack. Saddle lipos in a T shape. One down the centre and one across the back
Big E
11-06-2012, 03:29 PM
Here you go.
With the T Lipo layout I'm only running 44g of weight in the car, I play around with how much I have on the bulkhead and very occasionally if I need more I put on a brass bulkhead but most of the time at the moment I'm running between 20 and 30g on it.
I am running Losi big bore springs on the AE shocks as well.
E.
MeBeMikey
09-07-2012, 09:37 PM
Can't read set-up on iPhone. Will have to get out the ancient laptop out. LoL
focusmad
26-08-2012, 07:07 PM
Hi guys,on this setup for epr it says that wing mounts are swapped so way forward not shore what to do??are there any photos of the mounts??
Cheers chris
Chippy96
26-08-2012, 09:05 PM
If you look in the cab forward shell thread there is a picture of Ellis`s car,the wing mountings are mounted in front of the shock tower instead of at the back of it.The wing is then a lot farther forward than the original fitment,this is to promote downforce more efficiently to the rear axle,and not have the negative effect of loseing the amount of steering you may have.Some competitors have mounted the rear shock tower farther forward for the same reason,the only drawback sounds like its a bit more time consuming to adjust your shock positions ect.Chas has commented on this and it could be an "upgrade" in the future.:)
focusmad
27-08-2012, 04:17 PM
Cheers for the help with the wing mount questions
Chris
Big E
28-08-2012, 06:26 AM
They are a straight fit as well, you just need to heat them slightly to change the angle and they are good to go.
E
focusmad
29-08-2012, 08:07 AM
When u say heat them is that were the wing goes on? Ellis could u post a photo of the mounts on your car so I can have a closer look
Cheers Chris
YoungChazz
30-08-2012, 02:02 AM
When installed in the normal way behind the tower, our #3500 wing mounts slope forward, giving the wing more rake for increased downforce. If you were to put the mounts "backwards" on the front of the tower, they would slope the wrong way. Ellis heats them up just a little and bends them so the slope is correct.
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.